2018 SCORE Baja 1000 route

goRGgo

Reaction
when I was down in Catavina for the NORRA they were just about to complete a BP or Pemex across the street from the hotel there. It also has a market that was up and running!

Google show the facility under construction including the market which is now open. I just sent Hotel Mision Catavina an email asking them to confirm the gas station is open and if it has both gas & diesel. If they reply I'll let you all know.

Baja Bryan

Reaction
FYI no gas in Puerticitos. Considering how bad the roads are both directions I would not count on Bahia Gonzaga to have gas either. Reports of plenty of people getting through the damage from Rosa. Just will take extra time. Road from San Felipe to Puertecitos is patched up pretty good.

Mooch2Peril

Reaction
Posted yesterday just FYI for everyone’s planning.

IMG_8085.jpg

SnFlpeDzrtMayhem

Reaction
FYI no gas in Puerticitos. Considering how bad the roads are both directions I would not count on Bahia Gonzaga to have gas either. Reports of plenty of people getting through the damage from Rosa. Just will take extra time. Road from San Felipe to Puertecitos is patched up pretty good.
FYI there is gas at Gonzaga I have a friend who works at Alfonsinas and she says she just filled up her gas tank today and that Alfonsinas buys gas daily to keep the generators running.

swiftracing5

Reaction
You guys are way better than Google earth

TRAVISD

Reaction
FYI there is gas at Gonzaga I have a friend who works at Alfonsinas and she says she just filled up her gas tank today and that Alfonsinas buys gas daily to keep the generators running.

They have gas now, but how are the tankers getting there to refill the station?

PaulW

Reaction
Update from a Post from BajaNomad
Quoting:
I drove it Sunday 10/14, no problems. I was in a pickup but cars and semis were on the road.

I just drove Mex 5 to Chapala today and peeked into the new culverts. Many were plugged with dirt and the new roadbed washed out on both sides. All of the washouts south of Puertocitos had easy detours in place, the only rough and steep one was just north of Huerfanito, wouldn't want to drag an RV through that one but semis are back on the road. All of the holes in the pavement are well marked and boulders pushed to the side except for some smaller rockfall near Papa's.
Buy gas at Puerticitos and gas & Diesel at Gonzaga

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
How do they build the roads so poorly?! Blows me away they spend all this money on the roads and then the first storm it basically destroys them.

AZ7000'

Reaction
How do they build the roads so poorly?! Blows me away they spend all this money on the roads and then the first storm it basically destroys them.
Not exclusive to Mexico... 10/5/2018

:30 p.m. update: The woman who died in the Wednesday night collision has been identified as 26-year-old Amelie Fortune from France.
A washout of a section of US 89 near Cameron contributed to a fatal collision late Wednesday night.

The 30-foot area of collapsed highway has made the road impassible, and the closure between mileposts 467 and 481 on the Navajo Nation is expected to remain for multiple days.
5bb66d8688436.image.jpg

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
The Pinos Pemex at Catavina will NOT be pumping by Baja 1000 time, guaranteed. I'd guess more like January'ish.
I'd be confident in barrel gas at Catavina.
IMO don't count on gas or diesel at Gonzaga. Sure they might have gas now but when the tanks are dry are you going to count on a tanker traveling there to fill it? Slim chance.
Puertocitos, not likely either.
Hard-up for fuel at the south end of the course? It's a short drive from Chapala/Hwy1 down to the T to BofLA for barrel gas.

43mod

Reaction
I would love to see the Mex cost per mile vs any state in the union , then vs Kalifornia. They can fix these things way cheaper than building all of it bomb proof.
And like they always say"its Baja"

ekozy39

Reaction
Funny how people "love" baja so much but make derogatory comments about the people.. "why do they care about their land, they all litter any way(they're dirty), or they suck at building roads (they're dumb), they all steal your poop, they will kill you (criminals), etc etc"... like ALL of those things don't happen EVERYWHERE in the world especially in the US..