• Forum membership has its advantages....

2018 TDRA West Texas 250

The West Texas 250 is finally coming! The dates are confirmed, the ranch looks great, we actually are going to have access to sections of track that haven't been run since 2012! We are very excited to welcome all of the new and returning racers in all classes including handlebars and production UTVs! You can register online using the link below, if you registered for the February race, don't worry, we will carry that over to this race. Please don't hesitate to call or email if you have any questions!

REGISTER HERE

Trey Palreiro
President, TDRA
361-522-3520
trey@treypal.com

SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY June 1:
  • Tech: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
  • Prerun: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
  • Production UTV/Moto Prerun: 4:30 pm – 6 pm*
    (Must prerun in registered race vehicle! mandatory driver meeting before prerun is open)
  • Drivers meeting 7:00 pm in Texana Club House
SATURDAY June 2:
AM RACE:
  • Moto(2 laps)/Production UTV(3 Laps)*
  • Start Time 7:00 am
  • Finish Time: 11:00 am
  • Start line closed: 9:30 am
  • Awards: 12 pm
PM RACE:
  • Start time: 11:15 am (Be ready by 10:45 am!, we may start early)*
  • Finish time: 6:30 pm
  • Start line closed: 5:00 pm
  • Awards 7:00 pm
*All race distances TBD!
New/UTV Racers:
  • Be sure to have firesuits and approved helmets.
  • UTVs will use transponder timing, you will be required to purchase a transponder, they are available for $75
  • All racers must be TDRA members.
  • Please ensure that your vehicle meets tech requirements. If you have any tech questions, please email or call.

steve0we

Here is a quick race report:

The Texana Ranch, the Ross creek staff and the TDRA team put on another great event. The course is solid, technical and will challenge every class. This is what old school racing is all about. The Beal family/ Trey P./ Robert/ & Matt Parks (the ranch manager) are some of the best ambassadors for Texas, motorsports, ranching and hospitality on the planet!

If you want to get back to the roots of desert racing, get tired of the same track over and over and don't mind a true adventure GET OUT TO TEXAS FOR THE NIGHT RACE THIS SUMMER and show your kids what family, teamwork and racing is all about!

PS, please feel free to use the RV hook ups and the swimming pool....... They are big selling points for the wife and kids!

JDDurfey

The Texana ranch is located approximately 40 miles south of where I work. There are a number of hotels here in Sweetwater if you don't want to camp. The ranch is beautiful and the track has numerous elevation changes. I have not raced it since 2010, but unless there have been major changes it is a pretty tight and twisty race. It is not rough though.

I have ridden in the right seat of car 1651 from the above pictures both at that track and in Baja several times.

Chris Tobin

I really want to make it out there with my truck when and if we ever finish it!!!