2019 Baja 400 vs 500

lil manny

Reaction
Well Baja 500 was great and all but now that the fishgistic recap show has dropped, I think that means it’s officially time to start talking about the next one....

So let’s hear what do you expect to see / hope to see from this new race vs what we saw at the 500? Will this make up for the traditional things we didn’t see at the 500 and do you think we’ll see a big list of entries from all classes??

Based on the schedule of events and shared info after the 500 it’s probably safe to assume they gave up on the “desert challenge” style multiple lap race and we'll probably see another loop race starting in town. My guess is they’ll use the traditional start / finish out of town in the wash to ojos but wouldn’t be surprised if they headed back up north towards Tecate and did a similar route to the 2015 Baja 500...

http://score-international.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2015_SCRE_B500_V1P_Ps.jpg
CD4A2437-952B-477B-A38E-1EB48382F9C0.jpeg

DG_BTI

Reaction
heard rumor of going north into pine forest. Hopefully

chino

Reaction
This race is on September and i think they have to keep on mind the weather as to where they layout the course.
This Baja 500 thankfully the heat wasnt an issue as races past.
No matter what 1212, will be there ready to do battle

lil manny

Reaction
Yes, Normally September weather is a lot nicer than June but looks like the heat fell behind this year so who knows what it’ll be like for this race. I wonder if they ran the coast at the 500 expecting the heat and if the 400 is set to run mostly on the hotter Mexicalli / San Felipe area.

BuzzChaser

Reaction
I am also wondering what kind of turnout (entries) this one will have. Hoping for the best

Keith_SD

Reaction
Any new info on this years Baja 400?
Capture baja 400.JPG

DG_BTI

Reaction
was told baja 500 course minus the desert section. Cant confirm though. Starting and finishing in Ensenada, so has to be a little different than the 500.

Last edited:

JDDurfey

Reaction
was told baja 500 course minus the desert section. Cant confirm though. Starting and finishing in Ensenada, so has to be a little different than the 500.
What does "minus the desert section mean" Baja is a desert except up in the pine forest and maybe Mike's. The 500 didn't go up there.

And if it is starting and finishing in Ensenada it will be a ton different.

Personally, I kind of hope that they start it in Ojos or Santo Tomas. I want the start and finish to be able to continue in Ensenada for the 1000 and 500 for a lot of years to come. But the more the locals are inconvenienced by it the less they are going to like us Gringos coming down there and ripping through their neighborhoods on the outskirts of town. I know this is probably not a popular opinion, but it is my opinion none-the-less. Flame away.

DG_BTI

Reaction
What does "minus the desert section mean" Baja is a desert except up in the pine forest and maybe Mike's. The 500 didn't go up there.

And if it is starting and finishing in Ensenada it will be a ton different.

Personally, I kind of hope that they start it in Ojos or Santo Tomas. I want the start and finish to be able to continue in Ensenada for the 1000 and 500 for a lot of years to come. But the more the locals are inconvenienced by it the less they are going to like us Gringos coming down there and ripping through their neighborhoods on the outskirts of town. I know this is probably not a popular opinion, but it is my opinion none-the-less. Flame away.
"minus desert section means" the course does not drop down into the desert. Look at the Baja 500 map, its pretty clear.

Surfnride1

Reaction
Maybe they can route it by La Fonda so I don't have to leave my rental house to watch the race :p

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
As I heard at the CODE race from a TT racer, Ens, ojos, k77, goat trail, VT, kiliwas, Mike’s short loop, VT, crossover road, San Vicente, Erendira, Sto Tomas, Uruapan etc

lil manny

Reaction
As I heard at the CODE race from a TT racer, Ens, ojos, k77, goat trail, VT, kiliwas, Mike’s short loop, VT, crossover road, San Vicente, Erendira, Sto Tomas, Uruapan etc
This makes sense since they ran a non “traditional” course for the 500. I think this will help drive attendance up for this new race because those who attended the 500 and had negative feedback will be more interested in attending. Specially since I’m sure they’ll have tech and the start / finish in town again.

swiftracing5

Reaction
Honestly how creative can they get? Roger has gone north of Ojos once? Seems like it’ll be identical to their normal Baja 500 minus the fluff(hwy, any lake beds)

lil manny

Reaction
When does the PreRun start? Labor day weekend? I hope.
Hey Oskarito! The SCORE site says Prerunning starts Saturday 9/7. They might be out marking it that weekend though