2019 Formula 9 series?

tapeworm

Reaction
I'm trying to gauge some interest in a 3 race series for 2019. I'm thinking $500 to $1000 buy in, no refunds, purse is split up between the top 3. It seems as though most people seem to like the shorter sprint type races because they don't require as much pit support but I'm really open to anything, even Mexico.

If at least 6 people commit, third will get their money back, second will double their money, and the top dog will triple their money.

Points will be simple and not based on number of entries in the class.
1st-30
2nd-25
3rd-20
4th-15
5th-10
6th-5

If you don't place anywhere in the top 6, you don't get any points. This would also require the car to run every race and consistency would would win the championship, not just winning the biggest race of the year. We would follow any promoters rules we were racing in.

Races I would like to see:
1. SNORE Battle at Primm -or- MORE Transaxle Engineering Challenge
2. MORE Sierra LED 250 -or- SNORE KC Hilites Special
3. MORE/SNORE Rage at the River

Any thoughts from other interested parties?

Grease Weed

Reaction
I like the idea. Im down if I still have a car next year.
I like your first choice. Need to see which promoter will put up the most $$$ bonuses for the class.
2nd race??? How about a long one. Maybe the Mint 300 or ?????!!
Also a cool race, Caliente. It’s a long way for the Cali guys but, way cool track.
3rd race, Hard to beat RATR. Easy as far as logistics.

tapeworm

Reaction
The Mint was tried before and it's just too expensive. Lots of hype but I feel as though people in this class don't want to deal with all the extra BITD restrictions. I'm not opposed to the mint if we could get a reduced entry fee to hopefully gain a few extra entries but I just don't see the Mint happening.

Caliente does look like a really fun race but I know people won't make the drive and there is limited lodging up there. Again, I'm not opposed to Caliente but I just don't see other teams making the drive. Unfortunately there aren't that many options for a race in the middle of the year.

Maybe Vegas to Reno as an option? Its an easier race to chase with lodging at the start and finish. More logistics to deal with though and that may be what chases some people away.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
I'm not opposed to the mint if we could get a reduced entry fee to hopefully gain a few extra entries but I just don't see the Mint happening.

As they already have a significant waitlist happening with the current entry fees, I can't see that happening.

I'd suggest one of our BOR races in July or August, but I know the Cali guys aren't going to come up here. Caliente is a blast though.

Speedingjake

Reaction
I plan to race Caliente and the KC lights night race with SNORE. It would be cool to race the Mint or Vegs to Reno, but BITD would have to give nines a great entry fee. Noted above state a waiting list, so most likely that will never happen.
I'm going to try and make the Jackpot race this year just to get some seat time....if I get the car ready.

C. Ellis

Reaction
I plan to race Caliente and the KC lights night race with SNORE. It would be cool to race the Mint or Vegs to Reno, but BITD would have to give nines a great entry fee. Noted above state a waiting list, so most likely that will never happen.
I'm going to try and make the Jackpot race this year just to get some seat time....if I get the car ready.
Jackpot is a blast, you should definitely try to make it out.

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Will you have your car out there Art?

Planning to have it running by the end of the month or very soon after. Everything is in place, just waiting for the summer break from events. I'm planning on doing a few CODE races since its close by, super cheap to run and its Baja.

elmariachi

Reaction
Can you tell me/us how "cheap" is cheap? When you factor in driving/gas, lodging, etc., it might be just as expensive as a MORE or SNORE race (for sure it would beat SCORE prices). I'd like to do baja some day and have looked at CODE and RECORD races. They don't seem to draw many class 9 cars.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
ElMariachi- For many, rooms and fuel are required just about anywhere unless you live where the race is. Art lives down near the border, so going south is no different than staying in Barstow or Vegas. Lucerne is tough since it does't have any working motels that I am aware of. (Are any still open down there?) Rooms and food are cheaper in Mexico. Gas a little more expensive. But the fun factor of a Mex Race is priceless.

ACME

Reaction
Best "Cost Effective Races" (if there is such a thing) that are the most fun...

-Ensenada to SF
-Mexicali to SF
-Caliente

See Bro's comments on Mexico! For 10 years I've said you guys are missing it by running around Barstow and Lucerne but most 9 car guys these days are scared... Jimmy T had it all set up years ago with Record just like he did with Casey for BITD and everyone bailed. Seems everyone has a giant boner for Primm & RATR, just like the UTV guys think Mint is the bestest thing ever? Must be a millennial thing?

PS if you want to keep running Primm, you may want to jump on this:
Clark County lands bill wants all of the Jean area

tapeworm

Reaction
Primm and Laughlin are a lot of fun but they are sprint races. One issue and you are out of the money. No logistics to worry about, no pitting, just pin it to win it. I think thats what people like about those races.

The Mexico races would be a blast. I'm trying to plan for next year as I have to submit for vacation by October 31 and work OT to pay for everything.

I'd love to put Caliente in there for the 3 races but I don't think enough people will make the haul up there for the race. When the 11 car guys went there in 2015 they had 11 show up but I feel like if that race is the plan then people won't show up.

1. BAP
2. Record Ensenada to San Felipe
3. RATR

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Can you tell me/us how "cheap" is cheap? When you factor in driving/gas, lodging, etc., it might be just as expensive as a MORE or SNORE race (for sure it would beat SCORE prices). I'd like to do baja some day and have looked at CODE and RECORD races. They don't seem to draw many class 9 cars.

Cheap is about a $300 entry fee (CODE). I plan to camp but hotel rooms usually run from $40-$80. They average about five 9 cars but as many as twelve on some races. You won't see a big pre-entry on any CODE or Record race. They tend to show up for contingency and enter.

Yes I live near the border but I'm wanting to run Baja so my guys can have some fun chasing, pitting, etc. There's not so much of that Stateside. Ensenada and Barstool are roughly the same distance for me. Although most CODE races are pretty close and probably the best racing.

Thorpedosurf

Reaction
Being able to race the Mint would be amazing. I bought my car this year because 9 is affordable for me. It is kind of a drag that the legendary races don’t run 9’s. There’s tons of these cars out there. It would be great to see a huge field of 9’s at the mint. I’d make a point to be there if it happened.

ACME

Reaction
They don't run class 9's in BITD or at the Mint because no 9's show up. Jimmy T tried to organize a class 9 deal at the Mint a few years ago but no one wanted to go...

As for the "Legendary" comment, the new Mint is not legendary. It's a I failed spelling $how and outside of the 2 truck classes and UTV's no one really cares including the promoter. It's just another Primm race; if Primm still exists as a race location... You want "Legendary"? Race the Baja 1000, 500 or Parker as they are at least cool events on less overused courses. Run limited sportsman if you want a challenge but watch out for those B.A. TT drivers lapping ya in Parker!

You want pure fun racing, give Record or CODE a shot. Ensenada to San Felipe gives you the best of Baja, fun tech and 2 great Baja cities on a budget. Next best race IMHO is Caliente...

snoreracer

Reaction
If you would like to race the mint track but pay an entry fee that is about 1/3 try the 50th PCI radios SNORE 250 February 15 -16. The track will be the mint track and start at the mint pit B, running 3- 87 mile laps. What is cut out is the Primm area Terrible Herbst is sponsoring the race and putting up a bonus of $1,500 for 1st and $500 for 2nd in class 9, and with 10 cars in class SNORE adds a $1,000 bonus to 1st