2019 Mint 400 Wishlist

Hacha

Reaction
My opinion as class 11 racer:
WE got our class 11 destroyed by 1003 Christian Fessler doing 80 mph when we were full throttle at 40 mph,He had the time and the room to move over because he saw the car from mile away but he thought he could of pass the class 11 but didn't happen and destroyed our car and flush our race to the toilet.
So what I would like to make so clear by next year and any other race is the RULE #1 ..........SAFETY!!!!!!!!!
I think there is a very big difference between class 11 or UTV and class 10 so for any reason you should hit any small class.
SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!!!!

buckwild

Reaction
I agree with Andy.
Except for the limitleds on Friday for a ton of reasons.
Quarry totally sucks.
I hate driving back and forth to Vegas.
Drivers meetings for every racer other than a newb is the biggest eye rolling Experience of every race. I’m sick of hearing everyone kiss the blms ass for getting paid over time to show up. Get to the point and save all the shock and awe for the mint tv show. It could have been 45 minutes shorter easily.
Love the idea of drivers meeting during the day.
As a class 5 racer I agree if you can’t get at least 15 guys to show up you shouldn’t get to play. Racing 4-7 cars is lame. On the other hand why not put a cap of 30 per class the utv guys have their own world championship keep the numbers limited.

I’ve done the mint 3 times now. This was the best experience I’ve had so far. Tech and contingent was great and easy. Thumbs up for the 2 day tech.

And great thread!!
I think it's absolutely ridiculous to have to go back to the Golden Nugget on Sunday for the award ceremony when the majority of the racers are at Stateline. The trailer parking sucks at the Golden Nugget it's a long-ass drive totally unnecessary there's no reason why the award ceremony can't be held at state line or the Gold Strike the Herbst would love the business

Last edited:

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
so they brought their car to the race, READY TO GO, and were NOT allowed to race????
There were at least 60 (as of the week of the race) that were on the wait list that were not allowed to race. There was a whole other group that never even submitted theirs for the wait list cause it was full including the Class 1500 points leader. It likely would have been close to 550 entries had they let everyone in that wanted to race it this year.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
I think it's absolutely ridiculous to have to go back to the Golden Nugget on Sunday for the award ceremony when the majority of the racers are at Stateline. The trailer parking sucks at the Golden Nugget it's a long-ass drive totally unnecessary there's no reason why the award ceremony can't be held at state line or the Gold Strike I'm the Herbst would love the business
Herbst no longer owns Primm - But understand your point on awards location.

TRAVISD

Reaction
I am guessing it will be a two day race with the inclusion of bikes. Friday will be bikes and UTV's (some reason they have to race together) and saturday will be limited classes in the am and the TT, class 1 race in the afternoon. So, really no real change.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
PP, I guess we are zigging and zagging. My buddy got his Mint entry in the mail and literally filled it out and mailed it back the same day via USPS. But when he heard back from BITD, he was the third guy down on the waiting list for class 10. The online registrations took all of the entries before his 'mailed' entry was received by BITD. His position on the waiting list never moved even as the entries swelled over the 400 mark. So no he didn't bring his car. Just pitted for one of our friends.
Your bullshit story is full of holes....there is NO online registration for bitd....and everyone was in the drawing, to my knowledge....

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Your bullshit story is full of holes....there is NO online registration for bitd....and everyone was in the drawing, to my knowledge....

Whoa...try decaf Pete! You are right that there was no online registration, but the registration forms were on the BITD website before most received the paper forms via USPS.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Whoa...try decaf Pete! You are right that there was no online registration, but the registration forms were on the BITD website before most received the paper forms via USPS.

You are correct. We downloaded the form off the website the Monday after the Parker Prerun in January and mailed ours in. I knew it would be too late if we had waited for the form to be mailed to us.

J Prich

Reaction
Samsies. No messing around when it comes to the Mint. The online thing will be interesting next year. Like trying to get Beyonce tickets...or something.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Samsies. No messing around when it comes to the Mint. The online thing will be interesting next year. Like trying to get Beyonce tickets...or something.

Yep. They need to do something to wrangle this in. Priorities need to be established. If you raced Parker, you should be first in line to race the Mint. Or if you’ve raced the last few years. I don’t know. But it shouldn’t be like getting Beyoncé tickets. Lol

J Prich

Reaction
Yep. They need to do something to wrangle this in. Priorities need to be established. If you raced Parker, you should be first in line to race the Mint. Or if you’ve raced the last few years. I don’t know. But it shouldn’t be like getting Beyoncé tickets. Lol
I'm 100% with some kind of priority. Only issue for a tiny handful of us in our small class is that 7100 only races a 3 race schedule and Parker will never be on it so if Parker is the standard, our class would likely be left out. I assume a few others...the vintage guys, Class 11...

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
I don't know about you, butt I'd damn sure rather
race than go see her!!

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I'm 100% with some kind of priority. Only issue for a tiny handful of us in our small class is that 7100 only races a 3 race schedule and Parker will never be on it so if Parker is the standard, our class would likely be left out. I assume a few others...the vintage guys, Class 11...

I think there should be a minimum amount of entries reserved for every single class. You guys have a small handful that show up meanwhile 150 UTVs sign up and take away all those spots. Out of those 150, maybe 20 are actually out to win while the rest are just participating. I’m using broad numbers but you get the point.

Minimum and maximum number of entries for each class.

EOR1488

Reaction
Online entry

Two day tech we’d/thurs

Two day racing Friday/Saturday

Bike,quad/UTV/11 Friday
Rest on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

J Prich

Reaction
Im too lazy to do the math but out of curiosity, what would the numbers look like for the morning race if you removed UTVs? I'm guessing the total number of vehicles for the morning heat was somewhere around 250? If at least 100 of those are UTVs, the number of vehicles left for the morning heat would actually get pretty small.

As limited class 2 lapper guys, by the time we start our second lap...say 9am ish...the course is already a bit of a ghost town. If you took UTVs out of that heat you'd be looking at maybe what, 100 vehicles still running by the mid way point? Assuming a 50% finish rate...

y2kbaja

Reaction
Include the Volunteers in the gifts the racers receive at registration. Especially if it turns into a 2 day race.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Not only the entry swag but get swag from the event sponsors and put the volunteer names in a draw for items. I'm sure a set of tires or shocks or anything to a volunteer would go a long way.

Last edited: