2019 Mint 400 Wishlist

J Prich

Reaction
More like dozens of hundreds.

I don't wanna pretend I know their finances but I do know that the stuff they do is pretty over the top. I do know that they paid a ton of money to have the lights at the UTVWC Laughlin Leap because if doing that was worth doing it needed to be able to be filmed, otherwise, it didn't happen. To do things big, you gotta pay. Right?

Does the Mint 400 have a super high entry fee compared to other stateside races of similar lengths? Serios question. I dont know.
No. Because Mad Media doesn't "run" the Mint, just promote it. The entry fee is exactly the same as every other BITD race.

Mad Media surely attempts to profit off the other ventures affiliated with the race and the name, which they paid for. Are we really mad at them for that? Who is upset about a business who is working to create new products and then make a profit off of their ideas and work? It's ok if YOU don't personally want a decanter, or a tshirt, or a hat, but why are you mad about them making and selling them to people who do?

Honestly, my personal belief is that some of this irrational anti Mad Media/Mint stuff is rooted in the 2012/3 (or whenever it was fiasco) and some of it is just good old fashioned haterade. The Mint is never going to be exactly like it was in it's old school hey dey. But in fact, what it was when in it's old school hey day...that people know want to call the "real" Mint, isn't even what it was when it started! So anyway, I don't really have a point here, LOL.

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
This is a Mint 400 wish list ? How has it gone to the shi#er already Lol

J Prich

Reaction
This is a Mint 400 wish list ? How has it gone to the shi#er already Lol
Plenty of good stuff here. Pretty much universal support for a multi day race, however that looks. Obviously support for a venue change if that's even possible. A lot of feedback that even if a venue change is not possible, cutting out the quarry would be appreciated...LOL.

Some pretty good stuff in here in my opinion and if you look at the 4-5 year evolution path each year they've done a pretty good job of taking input and making attempts to mitigate problems. Online registration will be awesome for a variety of reasons. Two day tech was awesome in my opinion. There's a lot of good stuff that comes in between the gripes and arguments that the Mad Media team does a great job of filtering and addressing in my opinion.

buckwild

Reaction
i have been shammed by the Mad Media bus more than once so here is how i see it from a vendor that paid for a spot in Contingency two years in a row and then never got a spot in contingency because they "oversold" vendor row and had no more room.

#1 - stop using this event to try to make millions, i get the vendor packet, i see how much money these vendors spend to sponsor the race, i know how many spots are open for parking passes and spectator passes. this should be a race that everyone can enjoy rather than MM try to make 10million dollars on. it leaves a sour taste in my mouth to spend money for a spot and then not be able to get it because they "oversold". the same goes with Monster Energy this year they didnt get to put on their show and quite a few people were pisst about that. i just saw at the world championship, BFgoodrich had to park outside on the street because again, MM oversold the amount of floor space in contingency and a big name vendor had to park outside the fence. same with me two years in a row at WC. That crap is lame.

#2 - vendors like me would like to get pictures of the finish line stage, because when we have customers that get on the podium we would love to have pictures to be able to post on social media. however at the mint, that was not possible because the "paid" VIP who pay $500 each to be able to sit on the mega stage across from the finish line podium are the only ones who actually could see the podium closer than 200ft away. there were a few ppl who jumped the fence and ran over in front of the stage to snap pics of their significant other ect but were carried out and then guards were put up at every possible entry point after a few VIP goers complained about normal joes like me trying to get to the stage to get a picture of racers.

MM puts on a ton of hype, and they do take a million pictures and videos and yes that costs money BUT its been a month now and i still havent found or gotten pictures anywhere online of our customers sitting on the stage at the finish line because MM and UTV UG havent posted those pictures yet. massive hype and then the interwebs went cold.

#3 spend a little of that freakin money you guys are raking in from selling half million dollar sponsorships and polaris throwing in a million bucks and vendors putting up another million or three and the half million dollars worth of VIP and spectator passes and rent some freaking land from BLM to make this event less of a cluster-**ck. the current pit area is entirely too small. spend some money, rent more land, i dont care where its gotta be if its on the north side of Buffalo Bills or you have to make the main pit area in the lake bed out by the quarry. GIVE PEOPLE SOME ROOM. pay a little more for more of the parking lots around the area, rope them off, have staged parking for chase crew members personal vehicles rather than 2000ppl trying to all park personal and chase vehicles in the pit area. its unfortunate and tragic that many teams have last minute hiccups and cant make it but their empty spots in the pit area are the only reason there is any additional parking at all. If all the teams made it you wouldnt have any sort of room to breathe.

#4 stop trying to use this race to pay yours and everyone in the MM crews bills and have a get rich quick scheme. polaris donates vehicles, generators, stages, they pay for a TON of stuff and you guys rake in millions off this race. i dont want to have to spend a fortune to buy a VIP spot to get pictures, or buy a spectator pass to stand in an area that has a decent view, read the complaint thread from a month ago, tons of guys who PAID for parking passes and spectator passes WERE NOT allowed to park and spectate at places they paid to be cause the areas were FULL. STOP OVER SELLING ****. if you cant produce it, dont **cking sell it.
Every year for the last 3 years after the first race we go over and meet our families at Buffalo Bills and watch the second race and there hasn't been one year that we haven't met someone or families that had gotten turned away who had parking passes from the other spectator areas because they were full. Last year there was a couple of dads with a bunch of kids that were so mad they got turned away after they purchased a parking pass because it was full and these guys were big and mad and they were looking for the Martelli Brothers cuz they wanted their money back and a little bit more I don't know how it ended we never saw them again

Reaction
to get a piece of that action.

Yeah, all while you're still collecting all them guvmint bennies! Kin ya pic me up some stuff at the Nellis commissary? ;)

You know, when you're moving the loop back out to the NE side of town.

Last edited:

JoeyD23

Reaction
Every year for the last 3 years after the first race we go over and meet our families at Buffalo Bills and watch the second race and there hasn't been one year that we haven't met someone or families that had gotten turned away who had parking passes from the other spectator areas because they were full. Last year there was a couple of dads with a bunch of kids that were so mad they got turned away after they purchased a parking pass because it was full and these guys were big and mad and they were looking for the Martelli Brothers cuz they wanted their money back and a little bit more I don't know how it ended we never saw them again

Mad media gave them a couple million. Those spectators are now retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
Can you explain your justification for this opinion? Just curious cause I thought it was a cost issue for many teams as far as bang for the buck vs other series.
If it was the cost then why are so many limited cars racing Score? Class 12,1600,5/1600 and class11 other than racing in Baja is awesome

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
If it was the cost then why are so many limited cars racing Score? Class 12,1600,5/1600 and class11 other than racing in Baja is awesome
I was thinking on this and thought that there really arent many limited buggies in SCORE. So I did 5 min worth of research an I think I am right. Since BITD doesn't have a 1000, I went and looked at the score results from the 2017 500.

8 =1/2 1600
6 = 5-1600
4= class 11
12= score lites/class 12

2017 BAJA 500 Class Summary – SCORE Race Info

And if ya look at the link there are a lot of Mexican sounding names on there. I see very few Mexican racers come north to run up here. Maybe they run CODE? I just dont thank that "many" are doing SCORE. Am I wrong?

The limited guys, especially the buggy dudes race SNORE. Its cheaper than BITD and has way more competition.

RYAN COHEE

Reaction
I was thinking on this and thought that there really arent many limited buggies in SCORE. So I did 5 min worth of research an I think I am right. Since BITD doesn't have a 1000, I went and looked at the score results from the 2017 500.

8 =1/2 1600
6 = 5-1600
4= class 11
12= score lites/class 12

2017 BAJA 500 Class Summary – SCORE Race Info

And if ya look at the link there are a lot of Mexican sounding names on there. I see very few Mexican racers come north to run up here. Maybe they run CODE? I just dont thank that "many" are doing SCORE. Am I wrong?

The limited guys, especially the buggy dudes race SNORE. Its cheaper than BITD and has way more competition.

Both have a decline in limit class cars but Score has more than Bitd and after race gas and logistics it’s more to race Score. Snore has the limited cars for sure

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app