• Forum membership has its advantages....

2019 NORRA M1K Bronco Build

jeff

Fire the prep guy! That thing doesn't even have a steering wheel! ;)

Looks great. Are you bringing spare shocks?

Aloha

landshark

Fire the prep guy! That thing doesn't even have a steering wheel! ;)

Looks great. Are you bringing spare shocks?

Aloha
Whoops I knew we forgot something!

We are bringing spare shocks from my other bronco. Not tuned/valved correctly but they will work as spares.

landshark

For those that would like to snooze along - I posted all the 4k video we captured in the 2019 NORRA race from our 360 degree camera (Garmin VIRB 360). You should be able to look around in 360 glory in most browsers and mobile devices, looks best in 1080p or larger. The gauges on the dash were added later when the video was exported. The camera is pretty cool, captures great video and saves a ton of metrics. The software sucks.

Enjoy!

landshark

wow that camera is crazy.. Question can you get a regular flat video output?
Yes you can, there are a bunch of options on recording. If you don’t want 360 it will record for much longer with just a forward and/or reverse traditional format. The 360 recording lasted about 3 hours with a 128gb card. We are going to try a 256gb card next time.

If you record in 1080p or regular format, it will double your recording time.

TrophyBurro

What I mean is post production. So you can get many different angles into 1 video. Love the camera. Yes the file size is going to be hard to manage .. :)

landshark

What I mean is post production. So you can get many different angles into 1 video. Love the camera. Yes the file size is going to be hard to manage .. :)
Ah yes, post production you can move around and lock the resolution, jump front to back, left to right, rotate etc. then output it as a regular video.

I think this is what you are talking about?

landshark

Actually been working on the racer off and on the last few weeks. Made some progress.

Cut off both radius arm mounts and welded some stock HD ones on. Went through the front axle and swapped knuckles, new hub bearings, new rotors and pads. Picked up some DOM and replaced the bent tie rod and drag link mount. Finished fixing the front body damage and welded everything in, started reinstalling stuff and prepping for the engine coming home.

Mike came by last weekend and pushed out the rear quarter and took the fenders/grill for some body work and primer. More to be done on the rear but it’s Looking a bit better now.

Before:

After:

I am moving to the rear axle next to look things over, will be replacing those rotors with the EBC cut and dimpled rotors as well.

I picked up a new AFR gauge and will be installing to get our tuning nailed down. Will also be installing a fuel gauge before winter for the fuel cell, be nice to know how much we have left.

Hope to have it running in the next few weeks and over to Jason for some cage repair!

landshark

Making some progress, engine is back and in, will finish up all the small stuff here soon and then off to cage repair and testing in September.

IMG_8344.jpeg

4F74F08D-6C26-4CB4-A2C8-3B96A80A2FE7.jpg

IMG_8355.jpeg

landshark

Haven't been sitting idle. We prepped and tested the Racer this last weekend for about 500 miles from Grand Junction to Moab and back, about 95% unpaved with a few paved transitions thrown in - very similar format to NORRA. We have a few small things to tweak over the winter but the Bronco ran and felt great. One of the most awesome things was my 85 year old father came out to visit and I gave him a ride in the racer, he had a great time!

Bummed we won't make the NORRA 500, unfortunately my race budget was wiped out from the engine rebuild and racer fixes from the 1000. We will definitely be racing the 2020 NORRA 1000 and at least one other race - I am eyeing a certain BITD race in mid August, we shall see.

We shot a bunch of 360 video as the scenery was pretty spectacular on our route, hopefully get it posted up here soon.

IMG_8520.jpeg

IMG_8517.jpeg

70677945_10156646951026009_758236648877064192_n.jpg

59068771654__6FE3965E-A1C8-499E-9DF9-13CF2367879C.jpg

71750512_10156646949966009_6873285903805054976_n.jpg

70596948_10156646950241009_3705382480849666048_n.jpg