2019 NORRA Mex 500.....YES!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Let's get some momentum and love for NORRA's new race, the Mexican 500 in October. IMO, they did a great job of creating a safe and fun format that separates the bikes from the cars and it all starts and finishes in Ensenada. Should be an easy race to go to, race and chase. Can't wait! Let's get the entries up to support vintage racing

jeff

Reaction
As excited as I am about the upcoming NORRA 1K in April I just can't get excited about the 500 version. I enjoy Ensenada but I don't want to spend 4 days / 3 nights there for a 2-day loop race. It sure would be a lot easier because it's close to home but at $2500 + hotels +++ it just becomes another race on the schedule. I hope the 500 format will see some tweaking in year 2 to bring out the racers looking for a shorter but similar point to point version of the 1k.

Aloha

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Fair comments Jeff, but if we don't support the 500 this year, they might not bring it back with tweaks/improvements in the future. Consider racing it and voicing your thoughts to Mike P and Jen C.

LantanaTX

Reaction
We will be there. Guaranteed! But I am letting my wallet recover a bit from the 1000 before registering for the 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Working on putting a horse in this race.
Looks fun.

TRAVISD

Reaction
We will racing this as well. Like Lantana said letting the pocket book get settled, but we will be there.

Fourstroker

Reaction
As excited as I am about the upcoming NORRA 1K in April I just can't get excited about the 500 version. I enjoy Ensenada but I don't want to spend 4 days / 3 nights there for a 2-day loop race. It sure would be a lot easier because it's close to home but at $2500 + hotels +++ it just becomes another race on the schedule. I hope the 500 format will see some tweaking in year 2 to bring out the racers looking for a shorter but similar point to point version of the 1k.

Aloha
Look into AirBNB to save $$$ in Ensenada. Plenty of gated houses for $150 a night that will sleep up to 10. Thats our plan for the NORRA 1K most of the way down

luvbaja2

Reaction
The 1976 Funco Staggered Tandem should be there. On a motorcycle, #67 1993 XR 600, for the M1K this year. That will save $$$$$ to enter the 500. Looks like a good format

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Time for our next adventure. Viva MX500. Will this be a Stella thingy?

RedRide

Reaction
All 5 of our cars will race the 500. Our decision to race NORRA is primarily based on the type of race courses they offer. Our relatively stock UTV’s will not handle the punishment of the SCORE/BITD style race courses. NORRA is the perfect mix of fun Baja terrain in a competitive environment.

jon coleman

Reaction
well, this means one last thing, a 250, but make it a ' beginers' set up to acclimate newbees to off roading, rules, protocols, etiquette, ect, also have a mentor set up wear if sombody is really lost they can be paired up w a seasoned volunteer to point them in right direction.maybe even just have it local in s w desert, barstow , Lucerne. probably Lotts of would be racer types think a 1 k or 500 is just too much.just gladd to see a user friendly promoter who is racer friendly trying its hardest to listen to the racer.not just take the entry money& run

yachtman

Reaction
It would be nice if it was just "VINTAGE" but I understand Mike need the cars to make it happen

LantanaTX

Reaction
Entered, I hope we get a lot of Legend entries. Anyone on here racing Legend Era?

Rennsport Group

Reaction
Greetings to all. Expect a lot more information on the upcoming NORRA 500 to be released over the coming weeks. We just met with Mike and Eliseo in Ensenada last week to discuss the event in more detail. Stay tuned for more...

landshark

Reaction
I would love to participate, however with the recent NORRA1000 and completing the Race build in the same 10 months I don't think the stars, nor my bank account will align for 2019. If someone in another early Bronco participates I might make the trip out to lend a hand or at least cheer you on.

Looks like a great format and besides the entry fee seems like a pretty reasonable race cost wise.