• Forum membership has its advantages....

2019 SCORE Baja 1000 Live Stream, Tracking and Updates

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Our race story with a ton of photos are up on the homepage. I will update it with official results as soon as they are out.

Wendell #527

The mud at the border thing was as issue for us a few years ago. They almost didn’t let us through. My tow vehicle alternator had stopped working then battery finally died in line at the border with my race car on an open trailer behind me. Luckily I had 3 of my friends chase trucks with me. One of them towed me across on a strap and they’re apparently not supposed to let us do that either but they did. They gave us more grief about the mud than being towed. They nearly turned us back. Wash them down, guys.

spalind

So was there ever a list of what classes were included in the "sportsman shortcut" since it does not appear to have applied to JUST the sportsman class?

Nessy

So was there ever a list of what classes were included in the "sportsman shortcut" since it does not appear to have applied to JUST the sportsman class?
It appeared as if Tavo's truck took it but not sure if they figured it out or what ended up happening.

Edit: just read the Race-dezert race report and Tavo was having issues and took the sportsman cut off to not cause a bottle neck.

Last edited:

spalind

It appeared as if Tavo's truck took it but not sure if they figured it out or what ended up happening.

Edit: just read the Race-dezert race report and Tavo was having issues and took the sportsman cut off to not cause a bottle neck.
Yeah, I knew he lost his steering and did that because of this...More wondering about the other classes that did it--7SX and 11 for examples...where was the list of who could and who couldn't take the shortcuts?

Secondly, in 7SX it shows Mel Wade as Disqualified?? And it shows Mike Lesle as DNF--yet both via the tracker show up as having run the whole course with Mike finishing first in class on time and Mel as third but finishing?

ICR Racing 1044

looked to be an epic race!
I haven't seen any news on who won class 10, can some one answer?
if someone already answered I am sorry I just don't want to read through the 15 pages of comments to maybe find it.