• Forum membership has its advantages....

2019 SCORE Baja 1000 Live Stream, Tracking and Updates

It appeared as if Tavo's truck took it but not sure if they figured it out or what ended up happening.

Edit: just read the Race-dezert race report and Tavo was having issues and took the sportsman cut off to not cause a bottle neck.
Ha!!! To not cause a bottleneck? First his chase crew drives against the course into our ranch to service his disabled trophy truck then they got the bright idea to tow the trophy truck out during the peak of the race using the race course . They drove 2 hundred feet and buried the chase and trophy truck in the river causing a huge bottleneck and delay for many cars . His team showed no consideration whatsoever for those still racing and for their own safety while driving against the course. What was so urgent about towing the trophy truck out that it was worth putting lives unnecessarily at risk and impeding other racers chances to compete. Hopefully they ready this and reflect. What a clusterF&%K!

kyle_pc_75

And it shows Mike Lesle as DNF
I had friends on Mike's crew, sounds like they lost a motor short of the halfway point. Their tracker was headed back to Ensenada last I looked last night. They never would've made the cutoff.

joshmx88

Ha!!! To not cause a bottleneck? First his chase crew drives against the course into our ranch to service his disabled trophy truck then they got the bright idea to tow the trophy truck out during the peak of the race using the race course . They drove 2 hundred feet and buried the chase and trophy truck in the river causing a huge bottleneck and delay for many cars . His team showed no consideration whatsoever for those still racing and for their own safety while driving against the course. What was so urgent about towing the trophy truck out that it was worth putting lives unnecessarily at risk and impeding other racers chances to compete. Hopefully they ready this and reflect. What a clusterF&%K!

Is this first hand information?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Final results are out.

- Overall Results
- Results by class
- Penalty report

And if you missed it here is our race story with 1000 photos by HighRev Photo.

And there are more TT and bike photos in this post.

mexgamer

It seems to me it has been that way for a couple of years now. Most people prefer social media I guess. It's to bad because a few years ago when the handicapped guy from Canada, I believe was soloing in a UTV and missed a turn, the hole RDC board got behind him and even managed to the the OG Weatherman to help him. It was an epic thread.
Oh yeah! I was just remembering that! I was here, don't remember who else, but there were a bunch of members following the race. It got exciting. If I remember correctly, he went straight when he had to turn into laguna Diablo, heading towards the San Felipe loop, and he was going towards San Matias.
We stayed up until he finished, but the finish line had already closed; however, Weatherman also stayed to help him out.

I don't remember if it was that same year, but there was also a code red incident, and one of the family members got on RDC to find out what had happened. We actually helped her(?) out by coordinating with people on the ground, Score Ops and Weatherman, if I remember correctly.

This was the place to be at.

El Mamito USMC

The best part of SCORE races is the post race drama that always lasts at least a good week afterwards. A lot of great stories of perseverance, triumph, etc...and lots of good bone head stories too, lol.
agree 😂

Baja_Seve

Wow. You guys are good. Max Eddy lost the handguard in a little digger at RM 190.
Handguard replaced at a scheduled rear wheel change at Morelia RM 372 with David Kamo on the bike.
Main pit shown at RM 535 with intact handguard has Justin Morgan on bike.

J Prich

Any info/update on the UTV team that had the hard crash?

One-Eyed Peter

I was wondering the same thing. I listened to the whole thing go down on Weatherman. Fortunately that off-duty paramedic was on the scene. Sounded pretty bad with both drivers losing consciousness and possible internal injuries. Was cool to hear everyone working together to get them help. Hope they’re OK.

Any info/update on the UTV team that had the hard crash?