• Forum membership has its advantages....

2019 SCORE Baja 500 - Live Stream & Updates Thread

JDDurfey

I gotta add...the weatherman feed worked well too. It was great to listen to like it always is. Usually the connection is bad for part of the day, but while I listened to it, it never skipped a beat. PCIScott does a great job and I know his dad would be proud of him. I know he has help up there, and I am sure they are working their butts off behind the scenes to feed him the info he needs to keep the racers informed.

swiftracing5

Bryces penalty of 1h for pavement pitting. What happened there ?
I saw a photo of him on the actual pavement I’m guessing at San Matias getting a tire changed.

And I agree, great coverage. Made me feel dumb for not going down!

Honda48X

I have to say you have to go hard all the time. If you take the one hour penalty away from Bryce, he would have just beaten Luke. Now back up the tape of the final entrance into the stadium re-watch Luke and then re-watch Bryce. Bryce was hammered all the way around that track. Luke was just so-so. Don't bash me just watch the video and you will see that Bryce was full-on to the timing gate. This could have made the difference between 2nd and 3rd if not for the one hour penalty.

Mark_Weyhrich

I have to say you have to go hard all the time. If you take the one hour penalty away from Bryce, he would have just beaten Luke. Now back up the tape of the final entrance into the stadium re-watch Luke and then re-watch Bryce. Bryce was hammered all the way around that track. Luke was just so-so. Don't bash me just watch the video and you will see that Bryce was full-on to the timing gate. This could have made the difference between 2nd and 3rd if not for the one hour penalty.
Begs the question: Is it worth the extra couple hundred thousand dollars to build a 4x4, and then spend an extra $30+ thousand per race extra to prep it? With the exception of qualifying performance, I am not so sure.

Zac Reish

Begs the question: Is it worth the extra couple hundred thousand dollars to build a 4x4, and then spend an extra $30+ thousand per race extra to prep it? With the exception of qualifying performance, I am not so sure.
The teams that spend hundreds of thousands to a million dollars every year racing? I don't think they're concerned about spending an extra 30k to have an advantage every race during portions of the race and in qualifying?

Tipracer

Dont cry you didnt have any room when.............you had plenty of room
Stuff happens fast, but he could have made a better choice. Kinda funny there’s a phone pointed at him from less than 10 feet away facepalm

calstyl2

Stuff happens fast, but he could have made a better choice. Kinda funny there’s a phone pointed at him from less than 10 feet away facepalm
He made a bad move then blamed SCORE for not doing the same to Andy, when clearly Andy and his chase truck were off the pavement.
Like a toddler having a tantrum.

Tipracer

The teams that spend hundreds of thousands to a million dollars every year racing? I don't think they're concerned about spending an extra 30k to have an advantage every race during portions of the race and in qualifying?
At that level the money is still a concern but not the only consideration...the prep time goes up exponentially . But when they work they work well , Bryce made up 14 or so minutes in the last 150 or so miles

J Prich

He made a bad move then blamed SCORE for not doing the same to Andy, when clearly Andy and his chase truck were off the pavement.
Like a toddler having a tantrum.
Agreed. The social media tantrum was way more egregious than the actual penalized offense in my opinion. He made a snap decision, it was caught, and he got penalized for it. Nothing wrong with wanting to seek clarification from SCORE and plead his case, but the social media rant to his "fans" to attack SCORE apparently before he'd even made the call to them to discuss was pretty...petty, in my opinion.

calstyl2

That AWD truck has proven its performance, it can make up gaps quickly and will beat the 2wd field when the incidental crap clears up, most of which has been other parts of the truck. That being said, Andy's 2wd has kept that bar pretty high this season, I hope the his AWD moves it up.

Wendell #527

Has anybody confirmed the open area was there when he pulled up? Also you guys need to look in the mirror. Bashing him here on RDC, a type of social media.......for him bashing score on social media.

Borracho Cantina

Has anybody confirmed the open area was there when he pulled up? Also you guys need to look in the mirror. Bashing him here on RDC, a type of social media.......for him bashing score on social media.
Bryce whines after every Baja Race it seems like. It’s getting old

J Prich

Making an accusation against a race organization is not really the same as stating an opinion. My mirror self assessment is still good.

Baja Belk

Did you see absurd amount of dust that thing threw up in the infield coming in to the finish? That advantage (if out in front) is worth the extra quarter mil alone.....

Dirty Harry

I think it was probably equal parts the 4WD and Bryce's short course experience that made him faster there.

450grl

Fishgistics is the superstar here, along with the weatherman relay......I LOVE that I can get an update on the hour every hour. Great work everyone!!

Tipracer

Not starting a war... If there was room for his chase , there was room for his chase to move over... or get out of his way. No big deal, I’m not gonna shl7 on his guys.. sometimes you have no time to react. But the IG vomit was nothing more than a frustrated racer venting.... don’t read so much into it. This forum should still be a safe place to discuss/chat and banter without having to worry about opinion, I respect what people what to say/share and that’s why we are all here. SM has a different reach that not always plugged in -?so what they see and comment on while sometimes relevant is mostly missing fact.