• Forum membership has its advantages....

2019 SCORE Baja 500 - Live Stream & Updates Thread

calstyl2

I would of said nothing, we all like to vent at SCORE, they bring it on themselves, but when he started in with the Andy tire change and how Andys chase truck was 2 foot from the edge of the pavement, he kinda got real pathetic, that kickass pit stop clearly showed the 31 chase truck off the highway.

Tipracer

I would of said nothing, we all like to vent at SCORE, they bring it on themselves, but when he started in with the Andy tire change and how Andys chase truck was 2 foot from the edge of the pavement, he kinda got real pathetic, that kickass pit stop clearly showed the 31 chase truck off the highway.
It’s not pathetic( not bashing your choice of words)... it’s frustration, dude drove a great race and had a mental slip ... kinda easily done imo, it takes everything nowadays to finish top five... people are starting to realize that...top ten today is a huge achievement, top 5 is phenomenal.

y2kbaja

I remember seeing the Bryce pic or video of him pitting and remember looking closely at his position on the shoulder. Did his co-dog do the tire change like Andy's or did the crew? How long did it take? Andy's video was only 59 seconds.

J Prich

It’s not pathetic( not bashing your choice of words)... it’s frustration, dude drove a great race and had a mental slip ... kinda easily done imo, it takes everything nowadays to finish top five... people are starting to realize that...top ten today is a huge achievement, top 5 is phenomenal.
I dont disagree, I just think in this case...and maybe others in the past, some of the target for the frustration might be misplaced. It can start to seem a bit like entitlement. At the end of the day Bryce had zero case to complain about the penalty (which he called "SCORE "BS" rules" in his rant). The rule is and has been clear, and he was caught clearly violating it. You need to stand up and accept responsibility for that. Then going the extra mile to imply that Andy got special or preferential treatment is a pretty strong accusation to make on a very public social media account followed by a lot of people. Given the evidence of Andy's stop, that accusation wasn't very substantiated either.

The issue for me is not his frustration or emotion...its how he choose to vent it and who he decided should take the blame. Probably would have been better served to just get on the plane, vent his frustrations, and leave his social media accounts out of it. In comparison, I'm positive that Rob Mac has received a very costly penalty in the past that he most likely was frustrated by as well, but he handled that whole situation much differently than young Bryce did here...

Tipracer

I dont disagree, I just think in this case...and maybe others in the past, some of the target for the frustration might be misplaced. It can start to seem a bit like entitlement. At the end of the day Bryce had zero case to complain about the penalty (which he called "SCORE "BS" rules" in his rant). The rule is and has been clear, and he was caught clearly violating it. You need to stand up and accept responsibility for that. Then going the extra mile to imply that Andy got special or preferential treatment is a pretty strong accusation to make on a very public social media account followed by a lot of people. Given the evidence of Andy's stop, that accusation wasn't very substantiated either.

The issue for me is not his frustration or emotion...its how he choose to vent it and who he decided should take the blame. Probably would have been better served to just get on the plane, vent his frustrations, and leave his social media accounts out of it. In comparison, I'm positive that Rob Mac has received a very costly penalty in the past that he most likely was frustrated by as well, but he handled that whole situation much differently than young Bryce did here...
Very well said.

J Prich

When Rob Mac won and Menzies Blamed his Ex Codriver for teaching Rob Mac "His" lines I was like
LOL that one was a classic. Everyone hates on BJ's social media stuff but Bryce has come through with some pretty solid efforts of his own, lol.

mig29

LOL that one was a classic. Everyone hates on BJ's social media stuff but Bryce has come through with some pretty solid efforts of his own, lol.
What is the deal with BJ?? His results are really bad, after signing up with Toyota. Does he need to relinquish team ownership to someone else, & concentrate on driving? His truck seems to be outdated, a state of the art one is in order?

fishd00d

What A Joke
What is the deal with BJ?? His results are really bad, after signing up with Toyota. Does he need to relinquish team ownership to someone else, & concentrate on driving? His truck seems to be outdated, a state of the art one is in order?
He has a new one from ID Designs on order.....

Robin Hood

Who pays Bryce's bills?

Let me get this straight...Bryce tried to get the winning RED BULL TT, penalized and knocked out of first place, to prove his point. LOL!!!

Honda48X

Who pays Bryce's bills?

Let me get this straight...Bryce tried to get the winning RED BULL TT, penalized and knocked out of first place, to prove his point. LOL!!!
Totally agree and actually looking at the times Andy would have won anyways.

lil manny

Who pays Bryce's bills?

Lol he don’t care his Daddy pays the bills! And what I don’t get is why go after Andy even if he got a penalty he’d stay ahead of him.

michael.gonzalez

Menzies still passing the blame off it seems. Here is a quote from him:

Bryce Menzies – “It was a wild day, long day. Right off the bat we got a flat, kind of put us back a couple of positions. We were held up by BJ for about 10-15 minutes, so coming off Mike’s Road I was 15 minutes down to Andy and I think I made up 14 minutes on him and we got a flat and I think that cost us.”

JDDurfey

Bryce can whine about Andy's tire change not being 30' off the road, but when I watch the video it looks like if Andy is not 30' he is pretty close to it.

However, one thing in the video that I imagine could be a penalty...the co-driver did not appear to be buckled in when the truck started moving. I know that is common place, but it isn't very safe. Now, in this situation they immediately pulled onto a highway section, so the chances of a wreck are slim. But the principal of the matter remains.

I am not knocking Andy's driving in anyway. I am merely a keyboard racer making an observation.

michael.gonzalez

I wonder the same. I don’t know if there are official rules about wearing your harnesses properly or at what times but I always make sure to buckle in as fast as I can. However, I don’t think I could bring it on myself to tell the driver to wait for me to buckle in unless I am having some serious trouble and honestly cannot get it latched.