• Forum membership has its advantages....

2019 SCORE Baja 500 - Live Stream & Updates Thread

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Is Harley driving the 70 truck? He's wayyyyy back.

Klaus

Administrator
What a cluster F at the start! If TTs are getting stuck how are the other race cars going to get through? I understand it is Baja racing and Baja is tough, but good grief, the course being bad there has been all over social media for 2 days. Why couldnt they re-route or get some equipment in there to work over the course. A water truck and blade could have done a lot of good.
survival of the fittest right of the start

swiftracing5

Looks like they routed the course Around it now. Roger was on the ground running around directing traffic

JDDurfey

survival of the fittest right of the start

Like I said, Baja racing is tough, but to have an impassable course a mile from the start is ridiculous. It is just like the wash in Ensenada being flooded on race day when it was dry all week during pre-running and there was no rain. That used to always piss us bike guys off, getting wet at 6 am is not fun.

Zambo

I guess I don't even get the point of setting the course up like this. If it is so hard to race out of Ensenada these days, then stop doing it. Just parade to Ojos or Urapan and start there.

JDDurfey

I guess I don't even get the point of setting the course up like this. If it is so hard to race out of Ensenada these days, then stop doing it. Just parade to Ojos or Urapan and start there.
To me the biggest issue is that there were pictures all over facebook yesterday and the day before of trucks stuck in that first long straight. SCORE should have done something then, but they didn't. I would be pissed if I paid all that money only to get stuck on mile 2 or 3. Especially if someone then hit me and took me out of the race. Yes, SCORE might refund your race fees, but what about all the other costs and personnel a trophy truck team takes down there.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Brad Wilsons' gonna "lap the field," he's haulin ass.

JDDurfey

Loftin was on the move off the start, but now it appears that him or Herbst is holding a few up as the front 6 pull away. Looks like Menzies is on their ass and cant get by.

Vandergill

Brad Wilsons' gonna "lap the field," he's haulin ass.
That time gap helped, but yes he is hauling ass for sure....sorry i was in other thread. I have so many iPads and windows open on tracking days i jump around so much lol. I wonder if Score will credit the rest of the class 1’s for that 17 min time gap, like was it a pause in the race or no?

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
I'm sure they will. But Wilson has already caught AND passed a bunch of TT's.

Klaus

Administrator
UTVs and air-cooled seem to favor the soft stuff....

Klaus

Administrator
Top of the Hour... we are getting FishGistics take on the race: