• Forum membership has its advantages....

2019 Silk Way Rally

Romero

Damn, that chick is hard as nails! awesome! Also Go Shorty! Only 26 and change back.

BajaFand

It was rare that he'd go a day without posting an Instagram story, but has been silent over the past few days. He normally does as really good job of updating people on what he's up to (he posted the day after he broke his back). Just a strange series of events that everyone has been radio silent on this.
I have to agree here. Even if he’s not making actual Instagram posts he updates his story usually every day only missing a day here and there. This was a big announcement less than 2 weeks ago it was shared over his and multiple other pages. He’s always been good about updating his followers about his injuries so it’s very odd for him to not say a word about pulling out of a huge event like this. How does anyone actually know it was discs in his back that took him out for this race? I’m not saying it’s not true I see no reason to think that, but the only (non-official) source of information that came from was just a post here in this forum, no official announcement at all that I have seen.

stephenrjking

I have to agree here. Even if he’s not making actual Instagram posts he updates his story usually every day only missing a day here and there. This was a big announcement less than 2 weeks ago it was shared over his and multiple other pages. He’s always been good about updating his followers about his injuries so it’s very odd for him to not say a word about pulling out of a huge event like this. How does anyone actually know it was discs in his back that took him out for this race? I’m not saying it’s not true I see no reason to think that, but the only (non-official) source of information that came from was just a post here in this forum, no official announcement at all that I have seen.
Fishgistics just posted a comment to their Facebook SWR update post. It says: "Menzies did not start this race. He’s going to race Morocco instead."

Weird. I wonder if he's getting some sponsor pressure--they had a ride all prepped for him for Silk Way, basically all the costs already sunk, and then he pulls out. Is this focus on international rallys instead of short course a Bryce thing, or a Red Bull thing?

Regardless, he's probably having a really tough week.

Social post from AJ Jones last night.

Stage 6 completed. 2nd again in the stage. Sitting in 2nd place now in the rally with 4 more days to go! @kellonwalch is absolutely killing it on the navigation and @dany___duarte @maxi_viano and #Gonzaloare keeping the car dialed on the mechanical side of things. @seanberriman and @jonestt76 are holding it down with stellar moral support and pristine camping accommodations. Stoked to enter into China tomorrow.
66625172_2529638923736662_6867202108400074752_o.jpg
66708252_2529638963736658_4527679494659506176_n.jpg
67126670_2529638997069988_3725250544294428672_n.jpg