2019 SNORE 5-1600 season - Who's in???????????

R. Gross

Hey 5-1600 drivers. I am trying to get a game plan for the 2019 season. I would like to get a little info on who plans on racing what races. Who is going to go for a championship run? Who is just planning on racing BAP & RATR and such. I am working on trying to get the car class counts up for the whole season. BAP & RATR we put 11 to 17 cars on the line and I would like to get that up to 20 if possible. I know the cars are out there.
I am working on getting a bonus plan together with a sponsor that matches $100 for each $100 put up by the DOR for a $200 side purse per car to the winner or structured to the top 2 or 3 however the class wants it. I will try to get it signed and in place for the SNORE 250 but I am sure for BAP for sure. This is why I need the input from you guys so I can tell them about how many entries to anticipate on an average.
2016 BAP for example we had 13 entries. That would have been and extra $2,600 on top of SNORE prize and bonus money.
If you know someone who has a 5-1600 and plans on racing, please let them know about this thread and ask them to respond.
Thanks RDC world.

R. Gross

Looking for input from Negrete, Hendrickson, Winston, Newton, Topping, Davis, Summers, McMillian, Garcia, Kaylor, King, Dahlin, Fisher, Baxter, Smith, Johnson, Ledezma, Hendrick, Bird, Maddox, Baldwin, Savedra & Tapia.
There are at least (25) USA based 5-1600 that have raced in the last 3 years. Lets at least shoot for (10) at the SNORE 250 and (20) for BAP.

Looking for input from Negrete, Hendrickson, Winston, Newton, Topping, Davis, Summers, McMillian, Garcia, Kaylor, King, Dahlin, Fisher, Baxter, Smith, Johnson, Ledezma, Hendrick, Bird, Maddox, Baldwin, Savedra & Tapia.
There are at least (25) USA based 5-1600 that have raced in the last 3 years. Lets at least shoot for (10) at the SNORE 250 and (20) for BAP.
I'm pretty sure the Newtons are planning on racing every race besides Caliente

harleys dad

we will be at bap, after 42 years as a 51600 the desert would put the final nail in the coffin for this car. BAP and rage only. Really thought about the Snore 250 as its won 8 over the years but she aint up to it.

Zac Reish

we will be at bap, after 42 years as a 51600 the desert would put the final nail in the coffin for this car. BAP and rage only. Really thought about the Snore 250 as its won 8 over the years but she aint up to it.
Why can't it do the desert races anymore? just cracking apart?

Paul 571

Would like too ,but my car is outdated . Need duel port head convert, replace 2.0 Fox's resevors with bypass and discbreaks too .but could drive or ride with some one

CHukkawala

I hope to make all the races except for the caliente race, if I can get the vehicle running good again

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

R. Gross

The entry list hit 7 cars today. Way to go guys, but we need some more. I know they are out there. Spread the word and let get at least 10 for the 50th SNORE 250. It is long course so your cars do not need to be cutting edge, light, etc. Throw in the spare, jack and lights and go.

R. Gross

I will be going out on 2-9 to help with course marking, If any 5-1600's want a pit marked let me know before next Friday before 3 pm. Since there is so much room at the gun range getting a spot held is not as important as RATR or BAP, but if you want to know ahead of arriving where your spot is, let me know.

R. Gross

Some know that 563 rolled on Sunday at RATR. We need a donor top to get it in the show. The car is in pretty good shape just the top molded to the cage. If anyone has a 65 thru 69 top or body we could buy, let me know. I have a perfect pre 64 complete body with the top cut off ready to be caged if anyone is interested. I would use it but the windows are smaller and the pillars do not line up. Thanks. BTW, we need more entries. Call a friend.

harleys dad

Some know that 563 rolled on Sunday at RATR. We need a donor top to get it in the show. The car is in pretty good shape just the top molded to the cage. If anyone has a 65 thru 69 top or body we could buy, let me know. I have a perfect pre 64 complete body with the top cut off ready to be caged if anyone is interested. I would use it but the windows are smaller and the pillars do not line up. Thanks. BTW, we need more entries. Call a friend.[/QUOTE mine is a 1962, the lightest of all the Vw bodys