• Forum membership has its advantages....

2019 V2R - Who is in this year ?

AngryShawn

IN!
well, as long as i can wrangle a team together :D
Its always fun going through Gabbs, some faaast stuff there

cynicwanderer

Awesome, good luck. It’s on my bucket list, aiming for next year. Interested to learn best pit services (Baja pits?), chase, and other solo rider challenges.
if you can go 100 miles or so between gas, pitting is pretty straightforward with one chase vehicle. I.e. they can typically catch you every 2-3 pit locations. if you have less range, you may need to go to the remote pit at rawhide and will need two chase vehicles in that case or hire someone like Baja Pits. this year, BP is offering a one pit option for rawhide, I think. of course, we won't know for sure until they release the pitlist/book. if you have time, you should come out this year and check it out, maybe help one of the chase teams to get an idea of what it's like. we (solo riders) are pretty friendly with each other and help out where we can.

AngryShawn

PM me if you need a member, might be able to swing it... Your advice helped me SO much the year I solo'd and I have the itch again!
Glad to hear what little I know was useful to you!
PM sent

dezert_nerd

Awesome, good luck. It’s on my bucket list, aiming for next year. Interested to learn best pit services (Baja pits?), chase, and other solo rider challenges.
When I did it in 2016 I used 2 chase trucks and BFG pits for Rawhide. Worked out well for me. If you can’t afford 2 trucks then just use one and hire a pit service. Typically Baja pits is congested in the beginning of the race so if you are competitive, avoid using the first few pits if possible and use your chase team instead.