2020 Baja 1000

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Do you know something regarding change of venue for the Baja 1000? Same course 2 laps way to dangerous for bikes and quads, but a big 800 miles loop from Mexicali to Matomi to Mexicali is possible maybe ad the big mikes loop and Summit.

Bricoop

From what little I've read it just sounds like he got run down in the dry lake beds and his speed just wasn't as high as the teams that caught him, then he had his issues in RM390ish (not sure what the ended up being)

The 1000 won't have the long dry lake bed speeds like the 500 did, if he can keep it together he should have a better finish than the 500.
Sounds like they were overheating. There's also a video of RG getting out and laying down, he may have been overheating as well.

In that same video there is a shot under the hood. Nothing seemed too different than what is public knowledge, in board brakes, a-arm pivots attached ....however I have a hunch about what he was has been keeping secret. I haven't seen it mentioned.

Chris_Wilson

From what little I've read it just sounds like he got run down in the dry lake beds and his speed just wasn't as high as the teams that caught him, then he had his issues in RM390ish (not sure what the ended up being)

The 1000 won't have the long dry lake bed speeds like the 500 did, if he can keep it together he should have a better finish than the 500.
At RM 17, RG was already down to 3rd place on corrected time. But as we saw, catching the dust is one thing. Coming through it for the pass is another!

Bricoop

At RM 17, RG was already down to 3rd place on corrected time. But as we saw, catching the dust is one thing. Coming through it for the pass is another!
For sure, he should have been checked out. I dont know why that was. I heard the truck was having an overheating issue somewhere in the driveline. I don't know how much of this was a race and how much was a test. Super stoked to see Dan get the W.

I thought this was interesting. Looks like he was for sure going to get passed and drag raced Herbst to the corner.

mebedb1

For sure, he should have been checked out. I dont know why that was. I heard the truck was having an overheating issue somewhere in the driveline. I don't know how much of this was a race and how much was a test. Super stoked to see Dan get the W.

I thought this was interesting. Looks like he was for sure going to get passed and drag raced Herbst to the corner.

without pulling up the race file, I'm gonna speculate, that was vcp 45 that was missed.

BajaFand

La Rumorosa grade
I know that’s the “downhill” section he was talking about. My point was that there aren’t very many race routes to get over there from Ensenada. The pine forest is the main one and it’s supposedly off limits to racing now.

Rslhc

Speaking of maps, when are we thinking that SCORE will release the 1k map? It looks like the AZ off-road expo will still be happening. Thinking they will release it there? Thats only 4 weeks out from the race

fishd00d

What A Joke
Im guessing the course will be about 940 miles, single loop S/F Ensenada. Down to just north of El Rosario and probably use all the washes in San Felipe...... Oh and I would say there is going to be a couple never before ran sections. Jose G and crew do an awesome job on the courses and they always keep it fresh and interesting. Remember its Baja so its suppose to be tough.

We will have a preview show in a few weeks like always.

Goober

Im guessing the course will be about 940 miles, single loop S/F Ensenada. Down to just north of El Rosario and probably use all the washes in San Felipe...... Oh and I would say there is going to be a couple never before ran sections. Jose G and crew do an awesome job on the courses and they always keep it fresh and interesting. Remember its Baja so its suppose to be tough.

We will have a preview show in a few weeks like always.
Hopefully they move the start, too many speed zones.

Rslhc

I’m putting heavy odds on Estero beach as a start personally. Hopefully they can come up with some better routes out of there though. The silt bed mess at last years 500 was... interesting. Haha

MTPyle

Haha fish says 940. Not 930 or 950. Hehe

We are seriously considering this race. With the success of B500 we are feeling a lot better about the B1000. And I personally have no interest in a Peninsula run. It’s just too far for us guys from Utah.

I kind of kick myself for not doing the B500 but hindsight is what it is.

We are prepping our truck for the Bluewater race and for a light prep for the B1000. Everything is getting freshened and new, even the engine.

Mike