2020 Baja 1000

mxben

Reaction
How long realistically on race day to get from El Rosario to Puertocitos on the 1 cross over hwy?

swiftracing5

Reaction
How long realistically on race day to get from El Rosario to Puertocitos on the 1 cross over hwy?
2 options: drive south and cross to Cocos(4 hours?) or go north to SV and take that crossover road then south(6-8 hours?) I don’t think there’s any other roads really.

Death, taxes, and no easy way to cross over from pacific side to SF side. Just no easy way.

Goober

Reaction
2 options: drive south and cross to Cocos(4 hours?) or go north to SV and take that crossover road then south(6-8 hours?) I don’t think there’s any other roads really.

Death, taxes, and no easy way to cross over from pacific side to SF side. Just no easy way.
I thought it was paved now?

Speed zone 1000.

GBRACER

Reaction
looks like another remote start like last years 1000 with a controlled speed run from town to the start line what a poop show that was waited about an hour in our car to start.
Mike you should do the 1000 if the border opens up we are in without hesitation, Utah is not as far as Vancouver, we are 2500km before we hit Mexico!!!

JDDurfey

Reaction
Here is my prediction...

Start to Ojos and then Uruapan
Coast line to San Quintin and then to El Rosario
Turn back north through the mountains similar to the 07 Baja 1000 but run north
Up to Mike's
Down to the desert across Diablo and then to SF area running several washes
North to Borrego and north across Salado to Mexicali like the 500 is going
Loop around the west side of the lake and take the route used last year up through the mountains back to Ojos.

I'll let someone else do the mileage math, but I believe a full 1000 miles would be easily possible with a route like this.

Well, I was fairly close on my prediction for the route. I thought it would go a little closer to El Rosario, and I figured it would go through Mike's also.

This course is great for pre-running and chasing. It can be divided in to "west" and "east". It doesn't have crazy long sections without access points.

I like it, wish I was racing.

edit: upon further inspection it looks like it might go through Mike's. Come in from the east and then head over to Simpson ranch. I may be wrong on that, someone correct me if you have more details.

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
This puts the Estero Beach S/F possibility to bed. Does anyone think it could start right in that construction area where it currently shows on the map? Or somewhere else entirely? The location is TBA right now in the schedule. Where else in the city might work for controlled access, like El Dorado? Ensenada is a little tougher for that than San Felipe.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well, I was fairly close on my prediction for the route. I thought it would go a little closer to El Rosario, and I figured it would go through Mike's also.

This course is great for pre-running and chasing. It can be divided in to "west" and "east". It doesn't have crazy long sections without access points.

I like it, wish I was racing.

edit: upon further inspection it looks like it might go through Mike's. Come in from the east and then head over to Simpson ranch. I may be wrong on that, someone correct me if you have more details.
It does not goto Mikes. It goes by Meling and its new from Coyote to Simpsons and then new back into Valley T

E.Hagle

Reaction
Does anyone know the condition of the dirt road from San Vincente over to Highway 3?

jon coleman

Reaction

yes i loved racing/ chasing in Baja, because my easy button works down there( note, only ACTUALLY raced about 50 feet getting truck out of wash out at the top of the goat trail)

Chainguide

Reaction
Does anyone know the condition of the dirt road from San Vincente over to Highway 3?
I just drove over it on Saturday. It is in the best shape that I have ever seen it in rt nw. There is some construction going on where they have brought in and put down a few miles of fresh gravel around 8 to 10 miles West of VT. Could this mean they are prepping to pave it? IDK, I hope not, though.

mxben

Reaction
I just drove over it on Saturday. It is in the best shape that I have ever seen it in rt nw. There is some construction going on where they have brought in and put down a few miles of fresh gravel around 8 to 10 miles West of VT. Could this mean they are prepping to pave it? IDK, I hope not, though.
Would you count on this for a chase team on race day?

Chainguide

Reaction
Would you count on this for a chase team on race day?
I have used it the past, but I also always plan to be at my locations at least 2 hours ahead of the race bike in case of a delay. The only snag might be the construction, so I would check it out first during pre-running.

Rslhc

Reaction
Newbie question here. working on breaking up rider sections for our team, and going of generalizations due to lack of GPS files until we get closer. Based on the map, is there a way to get chase trucks into the course between RM470~ and RM610~ (Check 3), or should we plan on not having easy access there and one guy doing that section?