2020 Baja 1000

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
Newbie question here. working on breaking up rider sections for our team, and going of generalizations due to lack of GPS files until we get closer. Based on the map, is there a way to get chase trucks into the course between RM470~ and RM610~ (Check 3), or should we plan on not having easy access there and one guy doing that section?
Yes. Zoo Road will get you to about RM505, easily. Continue on Zoo Road to Morelia Rd and it will take you south where you could catch the course around 570, though this would be way out of the way and I wouldn't do it just for a rider change unless for some reason it is absolutely necessary and you have a plethora of chase trucks. From San Felipe you can take Old Puertecitos Rd to easily get you to just before RM540, before where the Sportsman shortcut is.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Newbie question here. working on breaking up rider sections for our team, and going of generalizations due to lack of GPS files until we get closer. Based on the map, is there a way to get chase trucks into the course between RM470~ and RM610~ (Check 3), or should we plan on not having easy access there and one guy doing that section?
Morelia Rd will take you to approx 565/570 but it’s a ways in there. Definitely need to know where to go in there at night.

There are options into 480-490. K149 access will take you in there

From 580 to Check 3, there are no chase roads but if you have people who love camping in the middle of nowhere, send them in there.

Like prerunning the race course, It’s equally, if not more, important for your chase team to pre run their access roads. We still have our team run their access roads that they will be accountable for on race day, even if we saw it the race before.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Rslhc

Reaction
Morelia Rd will take you to approx 565/570 but it’s a ways in there. Definitely need to know where to go in there at night.

From 580 to Check 3, there are no chase roads but if you have people who love camping in the middle of nowhere, send them in there.

Like prerunning the race course, It’s equally, if not more, important for your chase team to pre run their access roads. We still have our team run their access roads that they will be accountable for on race day, even if we saw it the race before.

Super helpful. We plan on checking out chase strategies when we head down to prerun our segments. Just trying to get a leg up on logistics planning. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Dezertpilot

Reaction

Some of the best info I've heard.

mwr352

Reaction
You can always go on this site under Score results. They have maps posted from previous races you can compare to this years course. Find another year with the same section your looking for and pull up the gps file. Use google earth to explore your options.

Rslhc

Reaction
You can always go on this site under Score results. They have maps posted from previous races you can compare to this years course. Find another year with the same section your looking for and pull up the gps file. Use google earth to explore your options.
Yeah, I just grabbed the 500 GPS files to start doing this. I spent a ton of time on the pacific side last year and know what's a good road and what's not for the most part, but I spent almost no time on the SF side, so I guess asking what's a workable road into some of these places for a chase truck. Sometimes google earth makes stuff look too accessible.

43mod

Reaction

[/QUOTE]
This is part of a huge advantage being one of the big boys brings with it. Decades of experience does not hurt as well. Good luck in the 1k 😊

Yees Motorsports

Reaction
Does Anyone know if the Course will use the Cordillera de Molina Cross over from the Desert section to the Heroes de la Indepencia side?

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Does Anyone know if the Course will use the Cordillera de Molina Cross over from the Desert section to the Heroes de la Indepencia side?
yes as i understand were going up at cohabuzo to heroes via codrillera molina

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
If I’m correct score did it last year, at the 1000 let me find a map

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
If I’m correct score did it last year, at the 1000 let me find a map
Yes I believe that is the case. The few times it’s been used I wasn’t racing and didn’t really pay attention to the fact that there was a different route over that range other than the summit. I’ve now gone back and watched a few videos of it, including the one the Brenthels did. It seems that going west, Cordillera is better. Going east, summit is better. Whatever the case, it’s just a section I need to prioritize in whatever prerunning I can afford to do so I can plan my logistics accordingly. That and 300 to 410 seem like the most critical sections in this race, at least for me.

PaulW

Reaction
Some info on your discussion.
Not familiar your names . We always called the track labeled Molina as "Mano summit road". The last SCORE 1000 used it and 2013 Norra used it as well. The junction between blue track and the green track has been labeled "Mano Junction" on every map I have. The prominent landmark on the blue track west of Mano Jct is called "El Mano".
BTW, the green track leading south is properly called Arroyo Enmedio.
Anyway driving difficulty at non-race speed would be classified as suitable for any SUV - either way.
Feel free to correct me if I am on a different page the the rest of you.

Rslhc

Reaction
When does the entry list come out?
I’m guessing Nov 6th? It’s the deadline to get on the program entry list. They didn’t come out with weekly lists for the 500, and I’m sure they will have limited updates for the 1000 as well