2020 Baja 1000

l.e. shank

Reaction
Excerpt from SCORE Baja 1000 Schedule...

FRIDAY, October 30 8:00pm
- DEADLINE to apply for Baja 1000 Entry and be listed in the 53rd SCORE Baja 1000 souvenir race program and SCORE Journal.
NOTE: Online applications continue thru Nov. 6 at 8pm.

FRIDAY, November 6 8:00p
- DEADLINE to apply online, pay all entry fees and be entered in Baja 1000 start position draw.
Teams who participated in the 52nd SCORE Baja 500 with applications completed and fees paid will be given their start position based on the SCORE Baja 500 results.
Failure to register by this date and time and have fees paid in full cancels your 53rd SCORE Baja 1000 start position and you will be placed in the start position draw.

BuzzChaser

Reaction
I can’t wait!

Keith_SD

Reaction
I know BFG didn’t have pit support for the B500, but any final word if they will for the B1K?

redline

Reaction
I know BFG didn’t have pit support for the B500, but any final word if they will for the B1K?
Pretty sure word was that no BFG at the 1000 either. Especially since the "border restrictions/closure" got extended until November 21st.

What’s the take on the number of entrants. Do we think there will be over 200 entrants??????
I think there will definitely be over 200 entrants. There were a lot of people who wanted to wait and see how the 500 went before they committed and since it went better than expected they are itching to go south.

Honda48X

Reaction
Pretty sure word was that no BFG at the 1000 either. Especially since the "border restrictions/closure" got extended until November 21st.

I think there will definitely be over 200 entrants. There were a lot of people who wanted to wait and see how the 500 went before they committed and since it went better than expected they are itching to go south.
That is great news on you thinking over 200. I sure hope so. Onto the topic of the border restrictions/closure. I have been down to Baja 4 times during this closure with ZERO issues going into Mexico. In an RV, Towing a Dirt bike, Towing a Prerunner, and NO issues. Coming out of Mexico I have had ZERO issues either, and in fact I have had way less "wait" time at the border. It's been better then ever. In fact I hope it stays this way.

PS: I have also been told (Not confirmed) that those restrictions are for mainland Mexico and not the Baja peninsula.

redline

Reaction
That is great news on you thinking over 200. I sure hope so. Onto the topic of the border restrictions/closure. I have been down to Baja 4 times during this closure with ZERO issues going into Mexico. In an RV, Towing a Dirt bike, Towing a Prerunner, and NO issues. Coming out of Mexico I have had ZERO issues either, and in fact I have had way less "wait" time at the border. It's been better then ever. In fact I hope it stays this way.

PS: I have also been told (Not confirmed) that those restrictions are for mainland Mexico and not the Baja peninsula.

Lots of people have been going back and forth but it doesn't change the fact to some companies and insurance people that theyre not "suppose" to be doing that. lol

mxben

Reaction
Are we going to see a GPS file on Friday?

And any speculation where tech will take place?

Chainguide

Reaction
Be aware prerunning this weekend. It looks like some kind of event will be in the SF area

Attachments

• 122117099_10158635506972731_1442584264039917233_n.jpg
    122117099_10158635506972731_1442584264039917233_n.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 188

ekozy39

Reaction
Lots of people have been going back and forth but it doesn't change the fact to some companies and insurance people that theyre not "suppose" to be doing that. lol
The restriction is INTO the United States and if you are a citizen you are "essential" so technically not doing anything you're not supposed to. You are exempt from the restriction. Just saying..
Who is considered an “essential” traveler?
  • Citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the United States.

lil manny

Reaction
RECORD just had to cancel their race for this weekend.. anyone know why? I hope this doesn’t affect the chances of the 1000 happening

AZ7000'

Reaction
Here is a picture of the announcement from my phone translator... I guess we could discuss if we agree or not in Purple

IMG_1089.jpeg

ekozy39

Reaction
IDK, Mex Log is still is still on.. both series competed for same racers. Might have been low entries v. Cost to put on event.

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
Based on the GPS files that were just posted, there are about 15 miles in/around Ensenada that are still a mystery. Maybe it could start at Estero Beach after all.

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
This right here. It’s starting and finishing out of town.
Except that the “official” mileage is listed as 930. The GPS shows that spot at just under 900. It’s missing 15 out and 15 in. Wouldn’t be the first time they changed the “official” miles before a race. So maybe that really is where the S/F is. I’m just a little perplexed about all the TBAs in the schedule. What are they waiting for?