• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 BAJA 500

Steve_Sourapas

Why is SCORE trying to squeeze 3 mayor high Endurance races between August and November? what is the point of view with the Race Series Sponsors and the lack of Professionalism to try and postponed the races since March when the situation is not under there control and both Mexican Federal and State Governments call the shots for the race to happen?

At least CODE Off-Road pulled there plug on there race season for 2020 since March, regarding the pandemic. RECORD is trying to squeeze the calendar with the ENS-SF 250 in August and beyond.

Like I said SCORE needs to plan an epic 2021 race season with racecourses that go through each Municipality both in Baja Norte and Sur, make a bold Statement in August and September, usually that's the time they post their race calendar for the next season and start building the hype.

So far with the Team, I've been involved the plug was pull off since March, no racing this 2020.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dave Cole 4454

Almost every athlete and promoter contract is tied to events taking place. We were very fortunate that KOH happened but at this point need to get racing so the drivers can meet their commitments. I have no direct knowledge of SCOREs position but assume it is similar.

Charlietuna

There won't be any racing in Baja this year...book it, done..

From yesterday's IV Press in the Imperial Valley. Mexicali is taking this $#!+ seriously...

Mexicali Briefs: Dozens of U.S. motorists fined
  • By ARTURO BOJORQUEZ, Adelante Valle Editor
  • Jun 23, 2020

• Father’s Day weekend proved busy for local law enforcement, as a number of motorists crossing into Mexicali the United States were either turned back or fined for various infractions.
    Municipal Police reported 224 vehicles from the Imperial Valley were searched for surplus beer, and another 159 were checked by a doctor for symptoms of SARS CoV-2.
    About 80 drivers turned around and went back to the United States for various reasons.

Five U.S. driver were fined for various traffic offenses, while 45 drivers were cited for not wearing a face mask. The mask fines were about $164 each.
    Police report 109 incidents involving local residents and 46 fines issued. More than half of the fines were about $112.

ace_photo

GET SOME
There won't be any racing in Baja this year...book it, done..

From yesterday's IV Press in the Imperial Valley. Mexicali is taking this $#!+ seriously...

Mexicali Briefs: Dozens of U.S. motorists fined
  • By ARTURO BOJORQUEZ, Adelante Valle Editor
  • Jun 23, 2020

• Father’s Day weekend proved busy for local law enforcement, as a number of motorists crossing into Mexicali the United States were either turned back or fined for various infractions.
    Municipal Police reported 224 vehicles from the Imperial Valley were searched for surplus beer, and another 159 were checked by a doctor for symptoms of SARS CoV-2.
    About 80 drivers turned around and went back to the United States for various reasons.

Five U.S. driver were fined for various traffic offenses, while 45 drivers were cited for not wearing a face mask. The mask fines were about $164 each.
    Police report 109 incidents involving local residents and 46 fines issued. More than half of the fines were about $112.
IV Press is known for getting very little correct. They’re an absolutely terrible news source.

rkracing

I went through the checkpoint in Mexicali on Friday without a face mask and wasn't fined.. Also many of the wineries and restaurants in Guadalupe valley are starting to open since last week, I would assume many places in Ensenada will be opening pretty soon as well if they haven't already.

jon coleman

Was also 111 in Mexicali yesterday. Nothing lives very long in that heat.
I've also noticed news flashes& warnings** Excessive Heat Warning**!!!, in El Centro, in June!!, aaaa, aint that 111 deg. temp quite normal for the end of Frikken june mr weatherman???, i think they just like to scare us

Baja Jim

SCORE wants to race just like everyone else. They also have commitments to sponsors and TV as well. Ensenada wants money and we want to race. I know they are trying to schedule around other race series as well.

pdailey

Racer
SCORE wants to race just like everyone else. They also have commitments to sponsors and TV as well. Ensenada wants money and we want to race. I know they are trying to schedule around other race series as well.
Considering that they’re trying to secure an August 8th for the 500, I don’t think they give a rats ass about the other promoters lol. Vegas to Reno is the weekend after BTW and our team is contractually obligated to do both.

jon coleman

We have three cars too. Basic 4 corner prep and hopefully no major damage from the 500.Yeehaw!

Evan Weller and his team are amazing though. They’ll make it happen.
my prep in that situation was check oil, park car on a clean floor,check a few days later, ( if you have a couple ) no oil puddles, good 2 go