2020 BAJA 500

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Any speculations regarding the course? Try to run inbound/outbound from San Felipe to San Matias and race has much has possible inland, mountains, and the coast?

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Just a saw an interview on Facebook with the Mayor of Mexicali Marina del Pilar Ávila Olmeda, where she says there's GREEN LIGHT for the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 in San Felipe for this 2020... The RACE is ON.

This is my personal especulation for 2021 it's clearly where are going to see San Felipe host the 250 and 400 (maybe), Mexicali the 500 and 400 (Maybe) and Tijuana or Mexicali - La Paz for the Baja 1000.

1995 Baja 1000 race course bypasses the Municipality of Ensenada in a larger part till south of San Felipe, Starting in Tijuana goes through Tecate and Mexicali.

champtruck77

Just a saw an interview on Facebook with the Mayor of Mexicali Marina del Pilar Ávila Olmeda, where she says there's GREEN LIGHT for the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 in San Felipe for this 2020... The RACE is ON.

This is my personal especulation for 2021 it's clearly where are going to see San Felipe host the 250 and 400 (maybe), Mexicali the 500 and 400 (Maybe) and Tijuana or Mexicali - La Paz for the Baja 1000.

1995 Baja 1000 race course bypasses the Municipality of Ensenada in a larger part till south of San Felipe, Starting in Tijuana goes through Tecate and Mexicali.
Baja 500 is a race that always is held in Ensenada, ¿What are you saying? You must know Ensenada is the capital of off-racing, ¡What you mean!

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Baja 500 is a race that always is held in Ensenada, ¿What are you saying? You must know Ensenada is the capital of off-racing, ¡What you mean!
Looks like you didn't read the PR? The Baja 500 is rescheduled to San Felipe in September. https://www.race-dezert.com/home/dates-and-venue-changed-for-2020-score-baja-500-193793.html

And next years schedule just says Baja for the locations on all the races except for the SF250. So Ensenada is probably not happening next year either.

champtruck77

Looks like you didn't read the PR? The Baja 500 is rescheduled to San Felipe in September. https://www.race-dezert.com/home/dates-and-venue-changed-for-2020-score-baja-500-193793.html

And next years schedule just says Baja for the locations on all the races except for the SF250. So Ensenada is probably not happening next year either.
I know this year´s Baja 500 is in SF. I hope races continue in Ensenada; I also tired of the speed limits at the start, is so boring fot the spectators.

Dezertpilot

San Felipe is a little over 3 hrs from where I am at currently. Will try hard to make this, miss Baja so much!

JulioBaeza28

Let's keep the speculations.

I would like to see a 250 mile course for 2 laps race. I think that would be badass and probably can save some $$$ when talking about logistics.

JulioBaeza28

According to the Mexicali (San Felipe) Mayor the 500 is a go!

On a side note; San Felipe is now receiving local tourism, only people from Mexicali can visit San Felipe. Things are getting better I guess.

Baja Bryan

Covid Cases have been dropping in Baja the last 7 days and tourism in San Felipe is open even to Americans. If this keeps up we should be able to have a race. If a race is allowed there wont be any restrictions from Americans going to the race.. Economically the people in San Felipe are having a tough time. No stimulus checks or unemployment. Hopefully they can get a good turn out for the race. That money will help a lot of locals get by.

Dezertpilot

According to the Mexicali (San Felipe) Mayor the 500 is a go!

On a side note; San Felipe is now receiving local tourism, only people from Mexicali can visit San Felipe. Things are getting better I guess.
I'm just over the border in Yuma, cant wait to be going back to San Felipe!

S00TLYFE

Covid Cases have been dropping in Baja the last 7 days and tourism in San Felipe is open even to Americans. If this keeps up we should be able to have a race. If a race is allowed there wont be any restrictions from Americans going to the race.. Economically the people in San Felipe are having a tough time. No stimulus checks or unemployment. Hopefully they can get a good turn out for the race. That money will help a lot of locals get by.
I went down to Cabo a few weeks ago with my wife and it was the same way, feel really bad for the people down there right now