• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 BAJA 500

MTPyle

Great attitude! I failed high school the workers trying to save your asses after a progression of poor choices. MERICA!!!

The frustrating reality is those of us balanced between being overworked and cut down to 8-18 hrs per week will be there to try to save your dumb asses, or your grandparents, or your friends, or just other people.

You da man
I didn’t say I would do anything wrong. Just saying the Troops are getting restless. Something has to give.

and yea I don’t get how you are cut back hours and are overworked.

Mike

Honda48X

In the US the testing rate is somewhere around 0.77% of the population with about a 19.4% positive rate. Think about those numbers. We have tested less then 1% of the population, it is everywhere. Please stay home. This is a story about our hospital, I see it on the 2 days I can still work per week as an RN. I don't believe Baja has the resources to test nor could they deal with the real numbers, just like up here. If we don't look we won't find the accurate numbers...

If you get put on a vent you currently have about a 5-10% chance of surviving, optimistically. Basically if you survive it was in the cards, if you don't it wasn't. Ventilators might let you write your goodbyes but you can't have more then one visitor. It is horrible.

Where in the hell are you getting your numbers? You are an RN. Get your facts right before you post. This is so frustrating.

nohandslance

Can we move this discussion to "Purple", We are starting conversation's that appear to the likes of
animals who eat their young.
We love to be apart of racing. act accordingly.
Racing will return someday.
Lance

MTPyle

Crazy how this subject gets out of hand so fast. Haha. You would think we were talking religion.

really no reason to attack people and or get wound up. We are just speculating anyway. My speculation and prediction is people are getting tired and frustrated and that makes them do crazy things

I am really excited about the 500 and want it to happen ASAP for lots of reasons.

we can all agree we want this to be over ASAP.

Mike

Honda48X

Summary of Laboratory Testing Results Reported to CDC

Cumulative since March 1, 2020

Total No. of specimens tested 1,562,201 0.453% of total population. Total population in these figures is 328 Million.

Public Health Laboratories 225,850

Clinical Laboratories 95,137

Commercial Laboratories

No. of positive specimens 257,986 0.0765% of total population.

AZ7000'

FWIW I work in radiology, sedating people for lung/liver/kidney/tumor/bone/mass biopsies, chest tubes, drains, interventional radiology procedures, mri’s and other things. They are all on hold except cases involving inpatients. No surgeries except emergency so the entire OR staff, recovery, pre op, post op, and surgical recovery floors have been sent home. The OR is the moneymaker in today’s hospital model so the hospital is down huge revenue. The lack of those and other non emergency cases have the census (patients in beds) down significantly.

I stand by my numbers

AZ7000'

Where in the hell are you getting your numbers? You are an RN. Get your facts right before you post. This is so frustrating.
Summary of Laboratory Testing Results Reported to CDC

Cumulative since March 1, 2020

Total No. of specimens tested 1,562,201 0.453% of total population. Total population in these figures is 328 Million.

Public Health Laboratories 225,850

Clinical Laboratories 95,137

Commercial Laboratories

No. of positive specimens 257,986 0.0765% of total population
Using your numbers:

1,562,201, your numbers tested divided by the your listed total population of 328,000,000 = 0.47% of the population tested. I posted 0.77% due to more current data.

Of your 257,986 positive dividing that by your listed numbers tested of 1,562,201 that is a 16.5% positive rate, I listed 19.4% again due to more accurate data.

And yes, I know they are only testing the sick, rich, and famous but the percentage of rich people who are positive show that you can be asymptomatic or minor symptoms and still spread it.

Happy Easter all. I'm out.

notime

NTR Films media guy
Is Score not allowed through Guadalupe any more?
No as I remember and now it’s too populated,

for guessing I’ll said if they ran the 500 (fingers crossed) look at all courses they used west and south from Ensenada down to camalu, vicente guerrero etc etc If they can used SF-Summit diablo area because weather

Goober

No as I remember and now it’s too populated,

for guessing I’ll said if they ran the 500 (fingers crossed) look at all courses they used west and south from Ensenada down to camalu, vicente guerrero etc etc If they can used SF-Summit diablo area because weather
Because of all the vineyards?

jon coleman

does anyone remember the Baja 500 2002 or three,( forgot), start of race in the morning some yahoo through a down sleeping bag in a smoldering camp fire at the bridge where the course dropped into the wash, wind was really light but All the down feathers drifted over the spectators on the bridge,' pinchy guero' was heard being mumbled, that was aaaa , 'andy', ( on a team we were chasing for

Last edited:

bajafox

Accepted
Still wish there'd be a point to point 500, from San Felipe to Ensenada. Most everyone crosses the border back to the US after a race. San Felipe to border is farther than Ensenada to border.

For our sanity's sake, I hope this race does happen. The withdrawal symptoms are real

PeteRock

Or why not mix it up, since 2020 seems to be the year where everything we know and are used to get shot right out the window in spectacular fashion. A 2 lap Baja 500?? Would make it easier for chase teams and spectators alike. Think it was 1999 Baja 1000 was a two lap race, why no do it again!

Sdracer

Or why not mix it up, since 2020 seems to be the year where everything we know and are used to get shot right out the window in spectacular fashion. A 2 lap Baja 500?? Would make it easier for chase teams and spectators alike. Think it was 1999 Baja 1000 was a two lap race, why no do it again!
The Unlimited classes and limited classes on a lap race don't mix well. Imagine the Overall lead TT finishing lap 2 the same time a Class 11 was finishing lap 1. Would still be interesting.

joshmx88

FWIW I work in radiology, sedating people for lung/liver/kidney/tumor/bone/mass biopsies, chest tubes, drains, interventional radiology procedures, mri’s and other things. They are all on hold except cases involving inpatients. No surgeries except emergency so the entire OR staff, recovery, pre op, post op, and surgical recovery floors have been sent home. The OR is the moneymaker in today’s hospital model so the hospital is down huge revenue. The lack of those and other non emergency cases have the census (patients in beds) down significantly.

I stand by my numbers

The OR is the money maker?? People are sick and dying all over and you are worried about the hospital making a profit?

Dezertpilot

The OR is the money maker?? People are sick and dying all over and you are worried about the hospital making a profit?
I pretty sure that's not what he meant at all...

notime

NTR Films media guy
ill would say two laps its possible except for the bikes, for cars now with the stella and the push to pass button and if we think it, second lapers will be doing it at night i would say that a good idea

Laurie

Not on the date currently scheduled IMO. JoseG said on Fishgistics yesterday that they had another plan for a July date if they had to. That would be all coast and mountains. Nothing close to San Felipe. That is our opinion as to what will happen.

Is there a chance we can know what the back up date is? Dan and I had already booked and paid for a trip in June to Paris that is now the same week as the current scheduled Baja 500. We can switch the dates but would sure hate to reschedule to find the Baja 500 is moved to that date.