2020 BAJA 500

J Prich

Reaction
If we win our class in Baja that 600$ is the last thing I'm gonna remember and or care about! Just realized that. HA!

Good to know but I sort of assumed there was some contingency money already!

Excited to see videos of pre running.
Yeah see that makes it interesting to me. Would you rather see entry fees go down for everyone to potentially get more racers to show up to compete against, or have more prize money for the winner? In your class, which do you think would be the biggest incentive to get more racers involved? My guy feeling is that in a lot of the "lower" tier classes (of which I would consider myself in), I honestly think the increased prize pay out doesn't do much to get more racers to show up. And all of that is to be determined by the promoter anyway, not product sponsors.

BFG money to your class winner would be great for the winner, but I don't personally think it would move the needle in terms of getting more racers to show up.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I always laugh when I hear TT and Class 1 teams complaining about sponsor payback money. You are racing a 6 digit race vehicle for fun and you are spending probably more than that on the race overall. Step up! Why don't YOU GUYS add $2,000 bucks to your entry fee and race for that winning purse? 50% to the class winner, 30% to second, 15% to third and 5% for 4th so Dan can get a piece every race. 50 TTs means $50k to the winner. Face it, most of you are going spend more than that on 1 night of dinners and drinks for the team.

jon coleman

Reaction
I always laugh when I hear TT and Class 1 teams complaining about sponsor payback money. You are racing a 6 digit race vehicle for fun and you are spending probably more than that on the race overall. Step up! Why don't YOU GUYS add $2,000 bucks to your entry fee and race for that winning purse? 50% to the class winner, 30% to second, 15% to third and 5% for 4th so Dan can get a piece every race. 50 TTs means $50k to the winner. Face it, most of you are going spend more than that on 1 night of dinners and drinks for the team.
yeaaAAA, what he said!!, i got into racing 1700 class as a career move, .i was gonna retire a gazzzillionair

Bajaracer911

Reaction
Hello, looking to join a team to race the baja 500 or 1000. I am an experienced driver and navigator and have been part of 2 Score championship teams in class 12 and 1/2 1600. I currently have over 25 years of experience in off road racing and are very familiar with Baja. I am willing to assist with some $$ for fees and logistics cost as I myself know how expensive racing can get. Feel free to hit me up if you think I can be of any value to your team.
Thanks again ! Offroadracer911@gmail.com

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
BITD does that exact same thing I believe.

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
If BFG was cool they would spread that 25000 out across a couple classes. Like TT, SPEC, 1, 10, and whatever the premier UTV class is.

No offense buts what is 25k to a guy running an 800k TT ?

Spoken from a guy who still pays rent... idk... enlighten me..
Well, usually BFG has pit support for all the smaller classes and have done so for years and years. What do you think that cost?
It's only the company wide international travel ban that's preventing them from doing that at the moment.

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction

Laurie

Reaction
mxben said - "I honestly think spreading out the money goes further in my book. Do they show many " little guys " any love when it comes to tire pricing? Either way they make a good product that we don't mind paying full retail for." F-Y-I

In 2020! SPECIAL BFGoodrich Bonus Race Winner Award Payouts:

Overall Winner of 2020 SCORE Baja 1000 - BONUS is $25,000!
Overall Winner of 2020 SCORE Baja 500 - BONUS is $25,000!
Overall Winner of 2020 SCORE San Felipe 250 - BONUS is $10,000!
Overall Winner of 2020 SCORE Baja 400 - BONUS is $5,000!

Plus… Pro UTV F.I AND N.A. Class Contingency
4 UTV Tires per win, 2 UTV Tires for 2nd Place +$1,000 CASH for UTV class winners at
Baja 500 and Baja 1000. Plus… UTV Season-end Championship bonus of $2.000
BFG - All SCORE 2020 Races - Award Payouts
  • Trophy Truck, Trophy Truck Legends – 1st Place - $1000
  • Class 1 and Trophy Truck Spec - 1st Place $700
  • Classes: 7, 7F, 7SX, 8, 10, and TrophyLite/3000, Heavy Metal and Stock Full - 1st Place $600
  • Classes 1/2-1600, 3, 5, 5-1600, 9, SCORE Lites, Pro Truck, Unlimited Mini Truck, Class 4400 and Class 4500 - 1st Place $500
  • Pro UTV F.I and N.A. Classes - 1st Place (4) UTV Tires, 2nd Place Two (2) UTV Tires. Also see additional Baja 500 and Baja 1000 awards above!
We would not be racing with the support of BFG and it's not just the monitary. There support has been amazing between the quality of tires, the amazing Pit crews and prize winnings, nothing compares.

JulioBaeza28

Reaction
On a side note... Racing is almost back in Baja, CODE is having their preruning weekend and race next weekend in Tecate.
FB_IMG_1599417894230.jpg

FB_IMG_1599417888121.jpg

FB_IMG_1599417877312.jpg

FB_IMG_1599417865170.jpg

Pretty awesome to see CODE taking it seriously so we can all get back to racing. I'm expecting the same from SCORE for the Baja 500

lil manny

Reaction
Here’s something cool you don’t usually see... An impressive / competitive young TT driver entering a race on a sportsman Moto 🙌

Good Luck boys!!

Also FYI entry list now up to 107.. I think they’ll actually be at around 200 for race day. More will sign up once they see the code race actually happen this weekend.

Attachments

Ikaika

Reaction
Here’s something cool you don’t usually see... An impressive / competitive young TT driver entering a race on a sportsman Moto 🙌

Good Luck boys!!

Also FYI entry list now up to 107.. I think they’ll actually be at around 200 for race day. More will sign up once they see the code race actually happen this weekend.

Sorry to inform.......as I understand,........Shane is the DADDY & Jax is the young whippersnapper..........

lil manny

Reaction
Sorry to inform.......as I understand,........Shane is the DADDY & Jax is the young whippersnapper..........
yes I know that.. if you look both are listed as riders and I don’t see Jax on the TT list. 🤷‍♂️

mig29

Reaction
I was at the Bay of LA start line for 2019 NORRA 1000, & wandered over to a TT Spec. It was Shane I initially talked to, then Jax came by.