2020 BAJA 500

RedRide

Reaction
Does the fact that the top guys are bailing cheapen the value of a win or make it more exciting for tier 2?

champtruck77

Reaction
Does the fact that the top guys are bailing cheapen the value of a win or make it more exciting for tier 2?
I don´t think so. The Baja 500 is still exciting. The race still has top class racers like Rob Mac and Robby Gordon (Baja 500 champions); and racers like Luke Mcmillin, Justin Lofton and Alan Ampudia (watch out whit these three guys, they can give a surprise). Who´s bailed doesn´t matter, what matters is who is gonna celebrate on top of the truck. Baja 500 never disappoints.

In Mexico we say ¨él que se fue a la villa perdió su silla¨ haha.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
I would say it's going to make it more exciting. There's guys racing that would not regularly have chance at a win with a stacked field. Now they will have better odds of getting the W and might have a different race strategy this race.

All of them still have to race the same course after all and Baja always wins.

Honda48X

Reaction
It has been very hot down here with lots of prerunning taking place. The start is going to be fun. They have done a great job with building a jump similar to being in Ensenada. Oh I forgot to say no security issues so far. We did 201 miles yesterday.

Last edited:

jon coleman

Reaction
Andys reading ,hey, throw us nobodys a bone
No, kitchen got too hot for Them, not You, the guy who took the heat and got the win earned it EVEN More because the conditions chased out the prima Donna , scoreboard

Zac Reish

Reaction
I bet the main reasons most dudes aren’t racing is because of the limit straps in the relationships of the desert racers and their crew and that they don’t have the amount of crew they need/feel comfortable Now making a legit effort at the race. I can just imagine the first sentence of the discussion. Babe do you think it’s safe to go to Mexico and race right now? Eyes want to roll to the back of the dudes head, and first thought is f$ck I don’t have 45 minutes of patience ready for this future argument. Take a deep breath. And then out of the mouth with some crap that they won’t even consider as reasonable because they just won’t. And boom.....

ErikIrvine

Reaction
I bet the main reasons most dudes aren’t racing is because of the limit straps in the relationships of the desert racers and their crew and that they don’t have the amount of crew they need/feel comfortable Now making a legit effort at the race. I can just imagine the first sentence of the discussion. Babe do you think it’s safe to go to Mexico and race right now? Eyes want to roll to the back of the dudes head, and first thought is f$ck I don’t have 45 minutes of patience ready for this future argument. Take a deep breath. And then out of the mouth with some crap that they won’t even consider as reasonable because they just won’t. And boom.....
Bro, you just painted the picture of my home life every week of every year

JDDurfey

Reaction
Reading Andy's explanation, I think it goes even further than that: Like, his daughter would be required to stay at home and not go to school in person for x weeks since she lived in the house with Andy who was out of the country. Basically a whole-house quarantine.

If so, it's not his safety that's the major issue; at least in part, it is his daughter having to miss school so he can go race.

And if that's a significant factor, it takes a man to make that call and my respect for him just shot up a few notches.
I think this is the probably the case. And think about all the crew members that would be in the same situation. And not only kids school, but how many crew members are volunteers and their employers may have restrictions on people that travel internationally. If I go to Mexico I will be at home for two weeks without pay when I return. Not that I was going, but that would greatly factor into the decision when considering a whole race team. It is one thing to ask for volunteers, but it is completely different to ask them to give up two or more weeks of pay, plus inconvenience their families upon return.

jon coleman

Reaction
racers race, how many guys do you need to finnish bk .5????,, bring a skeleton chase pit crew and drive the car, dont need the whole team& family& friends& groupies &&&, jeez, race is gonna happen and im looking at my tt just sitting there holding down the slab of concrete at the shop,, so sad...

mexgamer

Reaction
So they are supposed to stream qualifying live on the SCORE website, that's what SCORE said on Facebook, but I don't see anything

class5cole

Reaction
I don´t think so. The Baja 500 is still exciting. The race still has top class racers like Rob Mac and Robby Gordon (Baja 500 champions); and racers like Luke Mcmillin, Justin Lofton and Alan Ampudia (watch out whit these three guys, they can give a surprise). Who´s bailed doesn´t matter, what matters is who is gonna celebrate on top of the truck. Baja 500 never disappoints.

In Mexico we say ¨él que se fue a la villa perdió su silla¨ haha.
Got to be in it to win it they say. No asterisk in the history book

Honda48X

Reaction
Parkhouse on the course. Does not seem to be going that fast. First time I saw a drone following.