• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 BAJA 500

mxben

Some of you will rant and rave and yell "fake news" and all that other blather, but Mexico ain't opening any time soon....

Baja isn't mainland Mexico, but there's no reason to believe the "official" numbers being put out there are anything close to accurate in any part of the country.

Coronavirus: Morgues and storage rooms are full of bodies. The true death toll in Mexico City is staggering
There not accurate anywhere... even in one of the most sophisticated countries on earth we can't believe what they are telling us. I know what is real - the need for tourism dollars in those small towns. Lets go racing and let Mexico tell their citizens how to go about spectating and operating their businesses safely.

Honda48X

When is this race? Never mind found it. July 18th. Not that far away in the big picture.

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Personally I think there is a good chance that the 2020 SCORE Championship it's going to get Cancelled, too much liability for State and Federal Governments to permit the events, its impossible to Police all the people attending the races. The statistics show a decline near OCT and NOV nationwide regarding COVID-19.

Goober

If that’s the case when are the top teams going to say enough is enough and decide to go racing? I’m sure if Andy or Bryce sent a text they could get 30 teams to race.

Charlietuna

If that’s the case when are the top teams going to say enough is enough and decide to go racing? I’m sure if Andy or Bryce sent a text they could get 30 teams to race.
SCORE has been racing in Baja for 50 years and they don't have the pull to automatically change it. You think another bunch of rich, white Americans are going to somehow have success?

Slippery P

You guys really have no clue what’s going on down there, the Mexican government decides when or IF we go racing NOT SCORE. I don’t give two chits what SCORE puts on their website, the 500 is likely NOT going to happen. Put all this Covid B.S. aside the ranchers and environmentalists are over Offroad racing down there, the majority of them want it to go away... There are Some ranchers who have heavy pull with both the Mexican government and the environmentalist.

Last edited:

Goober

SCORE has been racing in Baja for 50 years and they don't have the pull to automatically change it. You think another bunch of rich, white Americans are going to somehow have success?
What are you talking about. Please read what I said, stateside not Baja.