• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 BAJA 500

pdailey

Racer
You guys really have no clue what’s going on down there, the Mexican government decides when or IF we go racing NOT SCORE. I don’t give two chits what SCORE puts on their website, the 500 is likely NOT going to happen. Put all this Covid B.S. aside the ranchers and environmentalists are over Offroad racing down there, the majority of them want it to go away... There are Some ranchers who have heavy pull with both the Mexican government and the environmentalist.
I don't think it's so much the racers that they're tired of. It's the weekend warriors with there $300 a month UTV going down every weekend and using their roads over and over again. At least the racers pay for the land access.

Slippery P

I don't think it's so much the racers that they're tired of. It's the weekend warriors with there $300 a month UTV going down every weekend and using their roads over and over again. At least the racers pay for the land access.
That’s true Pat, but you know as well as I do that just because the racers are paying for land access doesn’t necessarily mean the ranchers are receiving that money, this has been an issue long before “blondie” took over. As well as the weekend warriors, the racers who feel they need to prerun the same section 90 times over within a weeks time (huge exaggeration) but you get my point is a big problem. There are respectful racers like yourself Pat, but for every one respectful racer/prerunner there are 3 who have no respect now multiply that by 300 race teams. How long would you put up with that?

The golf kart crowd as well as the many un-permitted baja tours (they both go hand-in-hand) have definitely added lots of fuel to a fire that has been burning long before the Yama-Rhino was introduced.

Dustino81

Since this thread started on boredom and speculation. Can anyone speculate on the course? , since SCORE mentioned running down the coast due to the heat index . I’m bored , just looking for speculation lol

Slippery P

I heard 500 miles of pavement with finish line in the turd river.

notime

NTR Films media guy
try to find all race courses used on the pacific side maybe go up and down mikes

Honda48X

You guys really have no clue what’s going on down there, the Mexican government decides when or IF we go racing NOT SCORE. I don’t give two chits what SCORE puts on their website, the 500 is likely NOT going to happen. Put all this Covid B.S. aside the ranchers and environmentalists are over Offroad racing down there, the majority of them want it to go away... There are Some ranchers who have heavy pull with both the Mexican government and the environmentalist.
The majority of who? The environmentalists? I don’t give two poop what you say. The 500 will happen period. It just might not be this year but it will happen.

Baja Bryan

quit your job,get paid well and go to Baja .
Thats exactly what I did.. Im here on the beach loving life in Mexico now. :cool:

The Baja 500 will happen for sure as long as the government dose not put new travel restrictions.. At the moment the restrictions are suppose to be lifted June 22. Thats about 2 weeks before prerun opens. Most local news in mexico indicates they will open up more and more over the next few weeks.. Its same issue in mexico people need to get back to work to make money. No stimulus checks here..

With all the course on the pacific ocean I think this could be the best baja 500 ever with amazing beach weather most of the race...

43mod

for those that don't know Baja Bryan he really sucks. spends all his time playing,spearfishing and racing. Worst part is the 9.95 bombshell that takes pity on him. Terrible terrible guy...........................