• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 BITD Silver State 300 Race Updates and Info

michael.gonzalez

1st place UTV beat all Class 10's.

UTV would have gotten:
13th if TT
11th in 6100
5th in Class 1
1st in Class 10 (oops)

9 UTV's in front of 3rd Class 10.

If UTV and Class 10 are isolated:

UTV (4:14:18) (Less than 14 minutes behind 1st place 6100)
10 (4:14:43)
10 (4:14:59)
UTV (4:15:16)
UTV (4:17:23)
UTV (4:19:26)
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
10 (4:23:41)
UTV
UTV

green787

UTV would have gotten:
13th if TT
11th in 6100
5th in Class 1
1st in Class 10 (oops)

UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
Can you list the TT drivers from 14th to last but still finished the race.....??? 🧷

jon coleman

UTV would have gotten:
13th if TT
11th in 6100
5th in Class 1
1st in Class 10 (oops)

UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
that course looked smooooth, i never raced it, heck, even at Parker i was " catching" 1/2 1600 guys in my 1700 on the rally sheet, but, when we got back to the desert part of the race course, buuuuuBye....

DNR pit crew

Hey guys, we were leaving the start area yesterday around 12:30/1 pm and a gray Super Duty(I think) towing a flat bed trailer dumped a container full of ratchet straps right at the cattle guard before turning right & heading north on highway 93 towards pit 3. I didn't get a chase number. If you know who's they are, get me in contact with them. I have the straps.
I think those came off of one of our chase trucks. We’re they in a small grey action packer?

JerryB

UTV would have gotten:
13th if TT
11th in 6100
5th in Class 1
1st in Class 10 (oops)

UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV beat the class 10's? Say it isn't so.......

Sunset Kid

Hey guys, we were leaving the start area yesterday around 12:30/1 pm and a gray Super Duty(I think) towing a flat bed trailer dumped a container full of ratchet straps right at the cattle guard before turning right & heading north on highway 93 towards pit 3. I didn't get a chase number. If you know who's they are, get me in contact with them. I have the straps.
If they were in a black and grey Rubbermaid action packer with red locking handles they sound like ours. There were ratchet straps and a bunch of zip-ties in the box.
We were chasing for Jeepspeed #1706.
Much appreciate you posting this and looking for the owners !

Kirk_Babbington

UTV would have gotten:
13th if TT
11th in 6100
5th in Class 1
1st in Class 10 (oops)

UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV
UTV

Thats some deductive reasoning there, Sherlock...

I would hope out of 46 turbo utv entries that have more power, less weight, 4wd, shorter wheelbase, and factory support, that at least one would beat the class 10s on a tight, twisty, relatively smooth race course.

MTPyle

The course was smooth and technical. Zero whoop sections, perfect for UTV. I rode my 450x on the course and went as fast if not faster than in our 6100.

I wish Racing trax would allow a download of data to put in a spreadsheet. Would be interesting to compare sections. But with so much dust it had a huge effect on times. For half of the race I was the caboose in a 4 truck dust train. 6140 qualified pretty well but wasn’t as fast on course. Or maybe I should say we didn’t qualify Well, haha So Lovell caught him and then Householder, then us.

I only know this now after playing back the tracker map. That’s a super cool feature of the racing trax

Mike

Slippery P

I wish Racing trax would allow a download of data to put in a spreadsheet. Would be interesting to compare sections.
Mike
This is possible with a professional Motorsports ECU. 😉

nimrod

KOOK!
If a guy has a flat and can safely drive back a short distance to his pit with clean visuals and radio communication that’s nowhere near a dq. In fact a penalty over 5 seconds would be extremely excessive in my book.
Even if they change it themselves they’re still gonna want a new spare. Sometimes common sense is okay.
I mean you’d have to be looney tunes to not go back.

Some of y’all would lose your minds if you saw what all goes down in Baja even with vcp and trackers.

y2kbaja

No way. Rules are rules. You can’t bend them for this guy because he’s running up front and it appears safe. What about the guy leading the 4 car train. Is it ok for him to go back? No.

jon coleman

how did it go down in the ' good ole daze??, going back Safely to pit like that is fine!!!, this is Desert off road racing!!!, ( we desert people are not f 1 squat to pee types, let them worry about the stupidest of of rules

Robin Hood

I agree...the rules need to be black and white if written that way. The only flexibiblitly should be with rules that aren't clear or could be interpreted differant ways. Could you imagine if teams started leaving tires/wheels on the course, removing bodies from a truck, going backwards, cutting course, sheilding tracker from Satellite...all forms of cheating, but not all feel that way. Where does it stop? What if a 6100 blew a motor in quailifing and borrowed a TT engine to race. Is this suddenly Ok now? Co-Pilot get sick, so no co-diver in a two seat class? Some cheating ok, but other's isn't?

J Prich

On a related note, I was browsing Youtube yesterday and saw an SS300 vid with a TT leaving the start without a bedside. Given the apparent controversy in 6100, I wonder how that will go down. IF you enforce the rule for a 6100 team, do you pretend like no one noticed that a TT started without a body panel? Tricky stuff.

mebedb1

I'm still trying to figure out Why Alexander started in front of us.
Alexander ran a 4:43:972
We ran a 4:43:929 once we had the 3 cone, 45 sec. penalty reversed after video review by Donald.
Is this a business, or do we run on emotions and feelings.

EMS702

Rescue 1
I have not been on RDC for a couple days. I want to note in regards to this race, this was the first year due to Covid that there was not a pre fun run. In previous years there has a been a pre fun run that many look forward to and I believe there is an event for some of the towns along the way that the racers participate in. So some racers would have notes based on that. Plus as stated, topography may change due to weather but the course is really unchanged from year to year.

MTPyle

yes the official SS300 pre run is a fun event and yes many had great notes from last years pre run.

Our GPS track was a mess. We had our own that we knew was pretty good but when the course got changed we decided to load BITD course and overlay our notes. There were a lot of sections that the line was straight and did not show the curves or corners. We blew a couple corners that did not show on the BITD map but we checked and they were on ours(that we didn’t load)

point is at this race with all the changes it was difficult to rely on older notes. And you can’t just rely on notes. We also bought the Rob Mac file and compared that to ours. We ended up overlaying that also for the notes but used BITD track. The Mac notes were pretty good except lots of rocks notes and the rocks were no longer there.

there is no Substitute for knowing the course. I have been on this course a total of 5 times and each time remember more and more. I am sure the guys that have been on this course 30-40 times really know it and don’t even need notes. I heard one driver say he pre ran his part of the course over 10 times this year. Imagine having that much time recently on your section.

We camped by the Trilobite park where James dean tore off his front suspension last year. I went around that corner 15 times on my dirt bike while we were there camping. I thought I knew that corner but at race speed I could not make the corner and did exactly what James did last year. Fortunately for us our truck took the hit and didn’t blow apart. (Video coming soon) So even if you pre run a section it’s hard to know what it will be like at race speed in your race vehicle. The confidence I had was the reason I came in there too fast.

Pre run is positive and negative.

Mike