2020 BITD Silver State 300 Race Updates and Info

nimrod

KOOK!
No way. Rules are rules. You can’t bend them for this guy because he’s running up front and it appears safe. What about the guy leading the 4 car train. Is it ok for him to go back? No.
I’m pretty sure the 3 dudes behind him would love for him to pull over and go back after they passed.

MTPyle

Problem is when you have a long train none of the trucks in the train want to let anyone by. We did the PTP on Householder and he ignored it because he was on someone else tail. I would catch up and get right on their bumper then I would blow a corner in the dust and have to catch backup. I wasn't comfortable hitting anyone but now realize I need to. I need to use the guy in front of me as a berm and brake, LOL. The crazy thing is Brad Lovell was on the 6140 and could not get around. Brad is a legit experienced racer. He was not showing on the tracker and now that I think about it he told me his tracker was not working. After Householder stopped and 6140 pulled over we finally got on Brads tail and hit the PTP but he said they never saw it.

Not talking smack here. I met the 6140 guy and he is a cool dude, I am sure he had no idea he was holding up 7 racers. Ricky Brabec was one of them and I think he lost it in the dust and rolled.

I have a ton of respect for Terry and Brad, they are legit racers. I was crazy excited to be catching them. It was the first time in my racing career that I was catching fast guys. Now I need to learn to get around them in the dust. Catching someone and getting around them are two different things.

I felt like Andy McMillin at last years Baja 500 LOL

Mike

cynicwanderer

Problem is when you have a long train none of the trucks in the train want to let anyone by. We did the PTP on Householder and he ignored it because he was on someone else tail. I would catch up and get right on their bumper then I would blow a corner in the dust and have to catch backup. I wasn't comfortable hitting anyone but now realize I need to. I need to use the guy in front of me as a berm and brake, LOL. The crazy thing is Brad Lovell was on the 6140 and could not get around. Brad is a legit experienced racer. He was not showing on the tracker and now that I think about it he told me his tracker was not working. After Householder stopped and 6140 pulled over we finally got on Brads tail and hit the PTP but he said they never saw it.

Not talking smack here. I met the 6140 guy and he is a cool dude, I am sure he had no idea he was holding up 7 racers. Ricky Brabec was one of them and I think he lost it in the dust and rolled.

I have a ton of respect for Terry and Brad, they are legit racers. I was crazy excited to be catching them. It was the first time in my racing career that I was catching fast guys. Now I need to learn to get around them in the dust. Catching someone and getting around them are two different things.

Mike
some of the racer feel that you have to "earn" the pass and don't believe in push to pass, pulling over, no matter what the rules say or whether it's considered good sportsmanship. just one of those rule things where they exist, but people don't follow them and noone enforces them. I also get that technology sometimes fails. I think racing in dust requires other senses. it's amazing how some can totally be aggressive when you can't see anything and can push and nerf or even pass.

jon coleman

simple, push to pass moot when 2 or More cars being ' held up', , First car being held up now has carte blanch ' OG' push to pass, ie help casey frikken jones make the right decision in that lead freight train locomotive( if he actually is holding up First ' held up driver, ive been in pacs as number 3-4 and top Two are Both slower, , just gotta get it done and dont think too long about it)

jon coleman

some of the racer feel that you have to "earn" the pass and don't believe in push to pass, pulling over, no matter what the rules say or whether it's considered good sportsmanship. just one of those rule things where they exist, but people don't follow them and noone enforces them. I also get that technology sometimes fails. I think racing in dust requires other senses. it's amazing how some can totally be aggressive when you can't see anything and can push and nerf or even pass.
(push to pass )& blue flags in road racing, same thing, slow guy in front has EVERY right to hold his line!!, BuT!, now that you have been warned , dont cry when your stuffed in the wall because you " held your racing line", ie make overtaking EASY( R.Hille ,my driving instructor( edit, i asked old timer on nerfing rules, said how hard you hit them is how slow & uncooperative they are, also dont catch them, then follow them fore 5 miles then nerf, it all has to happen in the first minute or 2 after you catch em

Last edited:

michael.gonzalez

OFFICIAL
1. Luke McMillin (3:48:43)
2. Bryce Menzies
3. Steve Olliges
4. BJ Baldwin
5. Jake Johnson (1500 1st) (3:56:20)
6. Adam Householder
7. Dan Mcmillin
8. Jax Redline
9. Kyle Jergensen (6100 1st) (4:00:24)
10. Travis Williams (6100)
26. Phil Blurton (UTV Turbo 1st) (4:14:18)
27. Conner McMullen (Class 10 1st) (4:14:43)
33. Letner/Thompson #70 TT (4:18:22)
36. Michael Pyle #6122 (4:19:29)

Penalty on #70 TT
#70 Thompson/Letner +00:30:00 Course Deviation

Last edited:

MTPyle

Wow. I feel bad for Donald to have to do that to Concrete. I know everyone really likes Kevin and Harley. Sucks all the way around. Also really sucks for Luke and Jason to not get the glory at the finish line. What a mess.

We went back and looked at our GoPro’s and we lost about 11 minutes from our rock we hit. So still would have been 8 minutes off of Kyle with out my screwup. He is so fast. Haha. Who knows what we lost in the dust train. But overall we are really happy with our truck and how we did.

Congrats to Luke and Jason. Two super cool and fast dudes.

Mike

mike_osborn

Mike
While we're bitching about PTP, I'll throw another one in there. Not only does it seem like no one acknowledges, but it seems like no one hits it anymore. Like you, Mike, I try to play by the rules. If someone catches me and lets me know they're there, I'm moving over - and I'll give everyone that chance once. Last year, a guy was jack rabbiting me. I tried the nice approach 3 times and got jack rabbited each time. I almost got him, but blew a turn and broke a rear axle snout before I could catch him again. This year, I got nailed from behind without a PTP notification, horn, light tap or anything. We were moving at a good clip and all of the sudden, WHAM. It damn near pushed us off the course into some gnarly stuff. I won't name names, but I'm keeping a list and I'll return the favor if I ever get the chance. :)

J Prich

Wow. I feel bad for Donald to have to do that to Concrete. I know everyone really likes Kevin and Harley. Sucks all the way around. Also really sucks for Luke and Jason to not get the glory at the finish line. What a mess.

We went back and looked at our GoPro’s and we lost about 11 minutes from our rock we hit. So still would have been 8 minutes off of Kyle with out my screwup. He is so fast. Haha. Who knows what we lost in the dust train. But overall we are really happy with our truck and how we did.

Congrats to Luke and Jason. Two super cool and fast dudes.

Mike
Definitely sucky any time this kind of stuff happens. Again I don't claim to know any of the circumstances...maybe they made a genuine mistake, maybe they knew they were wrong and figured it was over if they turned around and went back anyway so just kept pushing...who knows. I'm personally always reluctant to call anyone a "cheater" unless it's clear that they intentionally tried to deceive or whatever.

And agreed on Kyle. He railed the Camburg truck last year and jumped in a different truck and is at the front again so obviously he's super talented. Impressive to have those kinds of results in such a competitive field.

Baja Bryan

Dang " Student Driver " Jax Redline and I was running 3rd and had a good gap on BJ. About 20 miles from the finish we got a flat. This would have bumped 15 year old Jax up toe 2nd place. At RM180 we were 2:20 behind luke. All day we had no radio with the pits so we just cruised a safe pace.. Jax to the defeat like a pro. I am use to those things happening but for a 15 year old to see the podium so close then a flat take it away must have been tough on him. He will get his win some day..

Attachments

MTPyle

Mike O

yeah that’s frustrating. I say name the guy. It’s not like in NASCAR they blur out the driver that crashes someone. Haha. Maybe if people were worried about getting called out they would think about what they are doing.

last years Parker 425 Terry hit me pretty good. I mentioned it on here and Terry was not impressed. Haha. but the fact was he hit me and moved me out of the way.

at this race Terry started right in front of me. I went up to wish him luck and talk during staging and the first thing he said to me was that I didn’t need to hit him. I think we remembered Parker. Haha. So I figured if I caught him he would move over, not. LOL

anyone know the bumper height and layout on a new Herbts truck? I want to make sure my bumper is set up right. Hehe.

Mike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
I have all of the official results and penalties files posted in our results section. Working on finishing up Jason's homepage post right now with photos from the race.

Robin Hood

I thought that BITD was using RacingTrax to implement push to pass in order to improve safety (i.e. instead of nerfing). it seems like if the truck didn't move over after it was caught and signaled, they deserve a penalty. I'm fairly certain that the RacingTrax units have event memory internal to the unit, so it could have been analyzed to show that they ignored push to pass.
IMO...you have not earned the right to press the Push to Pass until you are on the bumper. And yes, people that are jack rabbiting or using it to early are creating the problem of people not wanting to use it or respecting it.

At the 500, I was literally on the bumper, ready to push and used the push to pass, they started to pull over, then I think they realized we were in the same class and took off. I ended up in a rain rut and had to be pulled out trying to catch him again in the dust. I had others using the push to pass a mile behind me. I now look for the car on my bumper before pulling over. If I can't see you in the mirror when the push to pass is pressed, I'm not pulling over and if you are in the same class when I catch you, you will probably get the bumper to prevent the jack rabbiting.