2020 BITD Silver State 300 Race Updates and Info

MTPyle

Thanks for the comments.

we have a good siren. Not sure why we didn’t use it. It was so intense and busy we didn’t think about it.

he knew I was there. We followed him thru the speed zone for miles. We had some big flashing lights on the front.

I agree I need to be way more aggressive, which I will be.

Mike

43mod

Best to just go ahead and bump the guy in front of you waiting for the start. Give him a friendly wave after. Now your over it and can use bumper as needed .
One of the best rules I ever heard came from NORRA. If you complain about truck x hitting you both lose an hour. This makes it clear paying attention to the rear is important and whining will cost you . My new car is built to take a hard hit to the rear and has the best rear view mirror set up I have ever had. We shall see what happens.

y2kbaja

The old WD-40 trick!
I never heard that one before, that's great. Being in a slower class I want to be seen. 4 ambers-two flashing.

cynicwanderer

Here is a in car of us behind Terry out of Caliente.

this seemed way more intense at the time. I remember it very different than the video shows

this is the first time I have been behind someone in the dust trying to pass

yes I know I was speeding in the 15mph zone.

Terry broke my GoPro. Haha.

at the time I thought I was on his ass and he should have moved. After watching the video I am not sure. I still think I was close and really didn’t want to crash him. He knew we where there. We had been behind him since RM35

let me know what you think. You won’t hurt my feelings.

Mike

cool video, thanks for sharing. I understand videos look different than real life, but my thoughts are... get up on his ass, push to pass, if he ignores it, hit the siren and if he ignores that and has no blue lights, love taps until he pulls over. if all fails, harder love taps, push him or PIT maneuver when it's clear and safe (probably not legal, but...). he probably didn't know you were there or that close most of the times and was probably focused on the guy in front of him and pissed off that he wouldn't let him pass.

mxben

cool video, thanks for sharing. I understand videos look different than real life, but my thoughts are... get up on his ass, push to pass, if he ignores it, hit the siren and if he ignores that and has no blue lights, love taps until he pulls over. if all fails, harder love taps, push him or PIT maneuver when it's clear and safe (probably not legal, but...). he probably didn't know you were there or that close most of the times and was probably focused on the guy in front of him and pissed off that he wouldn't let him pass.
From my results personally, positions are gained and lost in seconds, there is no time to PTP+Siren+Love tap. Slam then siren then PTP. Thats what happened to me - although my tracker had quit some ways back. Although I gotta say the ding dong in the GOLFTV whos initials are PB hit us so hard it ruined our engine cage and is costing us some money to repair, not really a cool move, but it was our first race so maybe thats how it is, hope to return the favor someday.

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
I don't think I woulda pulled over either.. You need to be laying the Tap Tap on that guy the whole time. I bet if you would have tapped him, he woulda moved. Like said earlier, you need to be on his 6 when you come outta that speed zone, once he gaps you you're playing catch up again (hence the blown turns). I think you have no argument. These are the big boys and you need to wear the proper pants. PS,,, that waters been there for like 20 years as far as I know..

MTPyle

I could not see his amber rear lights. And even the brake lights were hard to see.

Mike

Robin Hood

Why can't you see his AMBER light? This issue needs to be fixed and addressed. Either it was turned off or it doesn't meet the specs of the RULEBOOK. IMO... any video that is posted with a rear facing amber not lit should be an automatic DQ!
I could not see his amber rear lights. And even the brake lights were hard to see.

Mike
All the more reason to give him a good WHACK!!! "Sorry brotha, couldn't see your lights, I honked and PTP"! ;)
My new rule...no amber(or not visible), straight to number #3 (move him out of the way). "I hit you to hard"..."I'm sorry, I never saw you, maybe you should check your rear light wiring or ask your co-driver to flip the switch back on, because your rear lights weren't working"...Cheaters have no rights!

Curtis Guise

Administrator

Mike
As the majority has said, NERF him!!! Most racers don't want to pull over for someone. And if you aren't aggressive enough showing that you are definitely faster by giving a few taps then you might find yourself in that same situation in future races. Love the video. I wonder who the black Jeep was on the course at about 2:40?

ht racing

Here is a in car of us behind Terry out of Caliente.

this seemed way more intense at the time. I remember it very different than the video shows

this is the first time I have been behind someone in the dust trying to pass

yes I know I was speeding in the 15mph zone.

Terry broke my GoPro. Haha.

at the time I thought I was on his ass and he should have moved. After watching the video I am not sure. I still think I was close and really didn’t want to crash him. He knew we where there. We had been behind him since RM35

let me know what you think. You won’t hurt my feelings.

Mike

you plow him take him for a ride into the bushes if you don't slam them your never going to pass anyone!

Rcamp99

From my results personally, positions are gained and lost in seconds, there is no time to PTP+Siren+Love tap. Slam then siren then PTP. Thats what happened to me - although my tracker had quit some ways back. Although I gotta say the ding dong in the GOLFTV whos initials are PB hit us so hard it ruined our engine cage and is costing us some money to repair, not really a cool move, but it was our first race so maybe thats how it is, hope to return the favor someday.
How long was he behind you before the hit? I saw him siren on behind you through an entire speed zone. You guys never heard or saw him in your rear view?

Rcamp99

As the majority has said, NERF him!!! Most racers don't want to pull over for someone. And if you aren't aggressive enough showing that you are definitely faster by giving a few taps then you might find yourself in that same situation in future races. Love the video. I wonder who the black Jeep was on the course at about 2:40?
Locals, They weren't listening to course workers or officials and sneaking around stops and stuff to make their way into spectate.

mxben

How long was he behind you before the hit? I saw him siren on behind you through an entire speed zone. You guys never heard or saw him in your rear view?
According to the co driver we were ahead slightly before the speed zone - we went the speed limit - he was on us by the end of the speed zone. Driver took off because he was ahead on course and had the right of way at the time then got caught by the UTV and smashed pretty good - not much warning according to the co driver. ( I wasn't driving at the time ).

They knew he was there for sure. Tried to get into the fast stuff and create some dust to lose him but those damn UTV's are quick. hahha. Never look in your rear view.

Still learning. Thanks for the feedback.

jon coleman

but.....i will say,,ralley smooth is Very VERY hard to catch& pass,, main thing is time of catching& passing, a few times ive been slowly caught then when they got on 6 , i would try to make spots to pass, And they Would Not pass, arrrrrGG!, sooo, i keep my pace, , no jackrabbit, i will give one, maybe 2 Telegraphed move overs, after that , im over it, if your faster than guy in front, time is short, make results Asap, but, once in front , pull away!, i hate making a pass then im being honked at!by guy i just passed