2020 BITD Vegas to Reno - Race Updates and Info

stephenrjking

Reaction
They're coming through the 450 check now. Bryce's lead over Luke is ballooning. We'll have to wait to see where Letner/Thompson is, but it looks like they're still eating Brenthel dust.

Good chance that both Brenthel and Thompson are now actually in the trucks, too, which would change the driver variable unfavorably.

stephenrjking

Reaction
The Bryce camera still runs when there is signal. And there has been pretty good signal today.

Starlink is coming. I mean, we're on the cusp of a new world of off road racing coverage. If there was 100% uptime coverage, you could literally take the in-truck and copter cameras we have today, stitch them together, and have a proper all-day race broadcast. Add a few checkpoint cameras (and let fans supply feeds!) and a few drones if you want to be fancy and you've got something good.

We're getting really close. I started following this sport at a good time.

stephenrjking

Reaction
...Wow, Thompson is waaaay back. 8 minutes + off of Menzies. Brenthel is also way back from where he was, so I think there's a holdup there.

Just like the last two years, the race is Bryce's to lose in the last 50 miles.

Goober

Reaction
What happened to Pab? Did Luke get a flat and that’s how Bryce got around him?

J Prich

Reaction
What happened to Pab? Did Luke get a flat and that’s how Bryce got around him?
Yup. Bryce flat just out of Pit 6 let Luke and Jergensen by. Flat from both of them put Bryce back in front.

stephenrjking

Reaction
Confirmed Bryce's strategy was to be conservative the first 200 miles and then drop the hammer. Numbers back it up. Helps to have clear air and few problems.

Nice race. Turned into a pretty powerful win. Who needs a Mason?

mig29

Reaction
"What we do in Life, echoes in Eternity"
-- Maximus,"Gladiator"

'Fratres! Three weeks from now I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line. Stay with me. If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead! Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity. ''

Attachments

Last edited:

jon coleman

Reaction
BM wins 😴.i was hoping Luke would pull it off, lets get ready for the next race...

Last edited: