2020 BITD Vegas to Reno - Race Updates and Info

EricGrind

Reaction
My buddy Jake attempted V2R twice years ago on a bike and didn’t finish. This year they built a proper race bike and he entered in Open A with two friends and finished tonight! I could only imagine how hard this race is on a bike. Especially when the TT’s catch up with you near the end.
Thanks for all the updates the last few days! It's appreciated.

MTPyle

Reaction
We had a decent day. We were shown as high as 8th on the tracker (I know some trucks trackers were not working) Was running good and moving up then got stuck behind a 1500 1 car that we had a hard time getting by in the dust. Finally got around him and the 6100’s we were Chasing checked out. Tried to catch back up but dropped to 11th by pit 7 when I got out and Connor and Carson got it. Had a mess of a pit that took awhile and then Connor was in 20th. They worked their way back up and made lots of passes. Then we could not get out fuel truck to pit 10 fast enough and had to scramble and drop a dump can in and get to pit 12 with the fuel truck. Connor would have beat us there but he got a flat and had to change it in the sand which took awhile.

Connor and Carson drove really fast. If he would have started the race we would have been in a much better place. I had a good pace but was not aggressive enough on fighting thru the dust. It’s so so scary to go wide open 95mph and not be able to see past your hood.

Truck was great and we had decent pace on course but could not pull off a top 10. The dust was Absolutely crazy.

Another good finish for our truck and team. We are getting faster and better every race. Finally get to fix the front bumper and the rear bumper is in perfect condition LOL. We didn’t get passed once on course and passed a fair amount of vehicles.

Mike
5B8D3C98-6658-4BCF-9AF5-A92EF30BBC32.jpeg

Last edited:

stephenrjking

Reaction
We had a decent day. We were shown as high as 8th on the tracker (I know some trucks trackers were not working) Was running good and moving up then got stuck behind a 1500 1 car that we had a hard time getting by in the dust. Finally got around him and the 6100’s we were Chasing checked out. Tried to catch back up but dropped to 11th by pit 7 when I got out and Connor and Carson got it. Had a mess of a pit that took awhile and then Connor was in 20th. They worked their way back up and made lots of passes. Then we could not get out fuel truck to pit 10 fast enough and had to scramble and drop a dump can in and get to pit 12 with the fuel truck. Connor would have beat us there but he got a flat and had to change it in the sand which took awhile.

Connor and Carson drove really fast. If he would have started the race we would have been in a much better place. I had a good pace but was not aggressive enough on fighting thru the dust. It’s so so scary to go wide open 95mph and not be able to see past your hood.

Truck was great and we had decent pace on course but could not pull off a top 10. The dust was Absolutely crazy.

Another good finish for our truck and team. We are getting faster and better every race. Finally get to fix the front bumper and the rear bumper is in perfect condition LOL. We didn’t get passed once on course and passed a fair amount of vehicles.

Mike View attachment 217362
Top tens coming.

The Speed UTV facebook page has a clip of you guys pitting when RG came in right in front of you. Actually shows more of your pit stop than his.

Honda48X

Reaction

I think you need to run the Baja 500 in San Felipe. Get that truck ready.

Goober

Reaction

Racing the 500?

Bricoop

Reaction
Our guys hanging out working at Pit 6 said Menzies crew were ready in the pit with tires and jack but truck drove by. Must not have realized it was an issue until 30 seconds after or whatever. What a bummer for them. Not a game ender but has to be frustrating knowing you had guys there ready and ended up having to get out 45 seconds later to change it yourself.
Didn’t this happen earlier this year to somebody else? Letner maybe?

TrevorPiggott

Reaction
Didn’t this happen earlier this year to somebody else? Letner maybe?
I remember reading on here that Letner/Thomspon turned around outside of a pit at silver state. Also, I believe it was Andy Mcmillin who missed his crew at the KOH T1 race and the crew had to run down to him. Not sure if either of these are the ones you're thinking of.

jon coleman

Reaction
soooo , whats word on the street overall from the political side, ie blm, organisers, local& state authoritys, i hope overall we the offroad nation watched our ' p'& Q s, race on