2020 BITD Vegas to Reno - Race Updates and Info

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
There was a BITD get together planned for last night at the Nugget sports bar. But some teams got drunk and started a fight the night before so security said we could not get together as planned. BITD has to cancel the event. So that sucked. Haha.

Not sure who it was that got in the fight. Had to be UTV guys. Haha

Mike
MC guys actually. Very disappointing to work as hard as we all did and not even get to enjoy a few minutes with my race family because of behaviors of some of those in our sport. I am hopeful it didn’t cost us a hotel sponsor that has worked with us for so many years!

MTPyle

Reaction
Yes that’s very disappointing. I am surprised that any team would do that at a host hotel. I hope they feel bad that they ruined it for everyone else. We stayed another night to be there for that event. Was looking forward to hanging out with everyone.

can’t wait for this COVID thing to be over. We had nowhere to hang out with our team of 10. we could only get drinks if we gambled and pretty much by ourselves. So we ended up getting a suite that we could all hang out in. Put the gopros from the truck on the TV and had a blast going thru the highlights.

wait until I post the video of a girl flashing the boys as they went by RM485 or so. LOL. It’s amazing. They didn’t say a word to each other but both looked over there.

You guys did an amazing job on the event. We had a blast.

Mike

johndjmix

Reaction
I got to say this was a great race for me. Besides getting motion sickness AGAIN (V2R is the only race that does it to me and yes i took dramamene and it didnt help).

The Wild Power Sports 6013 ran perfectly. This time, due to COVID, i did 90% of the prep myself, including rebuilding all the shocks...which is something id never done before. Thanks to some advice online from some other Race Dezert people, i got them done and they worked so good, so so good....i couldnt ask for more. Perfect suspension!

Gary Hull did an awesome job with the truck up to pit 6...then i jumped in at 6. I was having a blast, but that section between pit 9 and 10 was rough....urgh. After pit 10 i got us into first place, but i felt it coming....then it happened...i got sick. Lost 1st when i had to stop. My co driver took over at 12 and finished the race for me. Considering he had no experiance driving the truck other than in testing for 20 mins once 2 years ago and unloading it off the trailer at the races, he did a great job. He managed to hang onto 2nd for the finish.

Who is it in Dust to Glory 2 that said "Ask any dezert racer and they will tell you...I WAS IN FIRST, I WAS LEADING THE RACE AND THEN ...". Yea, copy that!

All that said i had an amazing time. From start to finish. BITD put on a great event, and the family we all have in the dezert racing world is second to none.

Can't say enough good stuff about Trophylite, they helped us in a pinch at a pit we werent at, and they are always ready to do anything to get you going again. I hate to see anyone bashing the class, i LOVE the class, the people in it, and the ownership. I love that the truck is so much less expensive to prep and repair than 6100 or higher classes. When i got the truck i was thinking....ill keep it for a while then move to 6100. Now, im thinking no way. I have so much fun in this truck. Do i want more power and more travel...well yea, of course, but sometimes less is more fun. Ill stick with my TL for a long time!

I got to get this motion sickness thing worked out.

--John

jon coleman

Reaction
my boat buddy guys fishing buddy uses some kinda brace wrist ' pressure point thingy,Swears by it , tried Everything else, Dramamine , diet, ect, but the bracelet Worked

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Unofficial results are in our results section. I've been waiting to upload until the official results come out but they haven't yet. I will swap them out once they are.

stephenrjking

Reaction
this was a perfect example of driver vs truck. jergensen not in the 6100 the same 6100 he went from last to first in silverstate. it did nothing with the drivers they used for this race. its driver driver driver!
But Jergensen in the standard Brenthel 2wd TT was leading the race just before the halfway mark.

mxben

Reaction
Team HAGLE LUMBER had a good run in the 1046 Alumicraft. Anxious to see the official results. From what I heard from some crew members was that several people were speeding in the first couple pits. We had some tough luck with a road crossing that held us up and resulted in some nerfing and eventually getting passed. Also an unsportsmanlike spec truck that were not sure who running at the back of the pack refused to get over and let us by while we were running at the front of the pack, a little annoyed to say the least. Overall it was a great race and I am very proud of our little pit crew for nailing our pit stops.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
What’s up RDC, no post race drama? I guess when the guy that is supposed to win, does, all is great in the world. None of the internet “off-road experts“ are chiming in with conspiracies, hmmm that’s weird. When a team has a helicopter for “filming” why does it fly back to other competitor? Fish maybe you cold explain.
I guess nobody blatantly Turned their tracker off and cut the race course this race. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
I guess nobody blatantly Turned their tracker off and cut the race course this race. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
And certainly no one had outside assistance to replace broken parts early on, no communications took place with helicopters and and and.

jon coleman

Reaction
hey, all you cheeeter haaaters, go win a championship then you can bitch & moan( ive heard that somewhere before🤔????)