2020 BITD Vegas to Reno - Race Updates and Info

nimrod

KOOK!
Is it legal to drag an 8’ foot piece of chain link fence behind a race truck to help with traction?
I’ve heard this course is slippery and that dragging a piece of fence really helps.
#GoPabGo

stephenrjking

Dust was obviously a factor, and apparently for 6100 they sent out a dummy run to dust up the course for the first run, to avoid granting the advantage that Steele got in TT.

Curious what the participants thought of the format. Visibility was obviously a struggle, and the qualifying went quite late. On the other hand, it made for interesting viewing and some unexpected results.

And we got to see the unicorn (and Robby Gordon's grandmaster-level troll job, delightful). And it appears that Bryce has brought out his old AWD truck for the event.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
If you haven't seen it yet @havahockey posted photos, story and results on the homepage.

I also add results PDF's here - 2020 BITD

mebedb1

From fishgistics. Big accident in Vegas.

View attachment 217324
View attachment 217325

Crew is supposedly safe, but possibly a fatality on the receiving side. Prayers all around.
Just read a report from the local news, Crew is good, it was 1 male w/ a 4 year old in the back seat of the chase truck.
they got out w/help.
The fatality was the reckless driver that caused the incident.
DB

mebedb1

Imagine the scene of them pulling the race truck off the trailer at that angle with the tow truck on fire.

Glad there were no innocent casualties. RIP to the John Doe.
Truck came off. I'll try and find the report.

Edit, Found It on Fishgistics.
According to Nevada Highway Patrol, about 11:15 a.m., a Ford Truck hauling a trailer was towing an off-road vehicle on I-15 northbound en route to US-95 northbound off ramp. At the time of the crash, a sedan traveling northbound on I-15 made an unsafe lane change and traveled across solid white lines on the freeway. The sedan then struck an impact attenuator, or roadside crash cushion, before striking the Ford. Upon impact, both vehicles hit the right wall, then went over the barricade, NHP said.

The Ford landed on top of the sedan, killing the driver of the sedan at the scene. The off-road vehicle separated from the trailer and was then struck by a pick-up truck. The male driver of the Ford and his 4-year-old driver escaped the crash after a Good Samaritan helped pull the child from the backseat of the Ford.

Witnesses at the scene told police the sedan was driving recklessly at the time of the crash

Last edited:

stephenrjking

Truck came off. I'll try and find the report.

Edit, Found It on Fishgistics.
According to Nevada Highway Patrol, about 11:15 a.m., a Ford Truck hauling a trailer was towing an off-road vehicle on I-15 northbound en route to US-95 northbound off ramp. At the time of the crash, a sedan traveling northbound on I-15 made an unsafe lane change and traveled across solid white lines on the freeway. The sedan then struck an impact attenuator, or roadside crash cushion, before striking the Ford. Upon impact, both vehicles hit the right wall, then went over the barricade, NHP said.

The Ford landed on top of the sedan, killing the driver of the sedan at the scene. The off-road vehicle separated from the trailer and was then struck by a pick-up truck. The male driver of the Ford and his 4-year-old driver escaped the crash after a Good Samaritan helped pull the child from the backseat of the Ford.

Witnesses at the scene told police the sedan was driving recklessly at the time of the crash
That's awful. Yes, the one who died was the one driving recklessly. I'm really glad the dad and the boy are ok. But it's still awful.