• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000

Total Loss

I wonder if the same people will bag on this for being too heavy like they did the XX....especially since it is about 80 lbs heavier at nearly 1900 lbs with 112 hp.

It does look good to me...pretty BIG and heavy...but also heavy duty.

mspina

I saw that same thing, I feel like the common place is for people to watch the weight upon purchase, but then add more by replacing all the light weight stock material from the factory. If more upfront means stronger and no replacement costs, I'm all for it.

NIKAL

People are already saying it’s to heavy. And yes it’s going to get heavier with an aftermarket cage & accessories. But heavier seems to be the trend when your trying to build stronger, faster machines. Look at the Polaris Turbo S and new XP Pro. Both are in the 1750-1780 lbs range (Dry) That’s almost 350 lbs heavier then the XP 1000.

mspina

I think the wildcat XX is still the best bang for the buck out of the box. It's heavier for sure on N/A but the cage is well built, the ergonomics are solid, and you can usually escape for under 20k OTD. It is heavier but you don't need much more than what it comes with to run for fun or race.

Total Loss

Just saw one...it is BIG. 70" wide at the front- outer lower tire edge.
Looks like a Turbo S sizewise.
Looks strong though...clutch looks BIG, axles, track bars, trailing arms, a-arms...all hefty.
Cab looks really nice.
A parking brake- what a novel idea...

mspina

I'm going to try to check one out tonight. With only 112 hp (I think that's what I read) and being a brand like Kawi, I would expect the aftermarket to blow up for it.

Total Loss

Looks like the A/M is on it.
HCR has stuff already.
I like the tailgate storage box also if you don't want to run a spare in the bed.

KT Turbo also on it.

jon coleman

100 + hp & under 2k lbs, if you can run it to its full potential, your doing alright.whats the eng. capable of hp' aftermarket' wise, is it tapped out allready?, or are Big numbers in its future??, i bet the latter...I do luv that shade of green, just like all those jeeps I've seen from the dealerships painted the same color😍

Last edited:
100 + hp & under 2k lbs, if you can run it to its full potential, your doing alright.whats the eng. capable of hp' aftermarket' wise, is it tapped out allready?, or are Big numbers in its future??, i bet the latter...I do luv that shade of green, just like all those jeeps I've seen from the dealerships painted the same color😍
They capped the speed at 68mph. It might be capable of more, but I would not expect huge gains until you slap a turbo or supercharger on it. The motor compression is not ideal for just slapping on a turbo with 11:1 compression.

Very impression looking in person and built like a tank. Big and looks like a desert machine. Kawi clipped its balls with the low speed limit and lack of acceleration.

Very nice looking in person. One of the better looking SXSs along with the X3. It looks like it is ready to pound the desert and the suspension looks like it is up to the task. It is a big SXS as it is about the same size as the Can Am X3 other than a little narrower.

The only whimpy part on the whole car is the roll cage. It does not look like it could hand the 1900lbs in a rollover.

Price point is perfect and they will sell them. The will sell more once the aftermarket increases the speed limiter and gets the clutching dialed so it accelerates better.

Kawi could of absolutely killed it, but for clipping the performance.

Attachments

68 is fast enough for half of the rDc crew, me included
68 is fast enough for a strong majority. You are not at those speeds for long periods of time on most rides anyway. The issue really is not necessarily the capped top speed, but how slow it gets there. Meaning acceleration is not as quick as the other comparable models. You want good acceleration and the way the Kawi is currently set up it does not appear to have that pop. It is spinning alot more RPMs then other models (except the YXZ).

jon coleman

yup, you want Tork off the bottom to get that rear to hunker down, and that frnt to get light, sluggish is Not desert woop friendly.wow, your right, cage bad, fab guy buissnes will be good

Last edited:

Total Loss

Looks like all it needs is a cage, roof and harnesses- maybe a little shock/spring adjusting and off you go.