• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 King of Hammers!!!!!

DGruper

For my first time to watch in entirety both the UTV and KOH races on my iPad, and having nothing else to compare it to, I thought the video shots from all over the course were great. Anyone or any vehicle that is able to finish now has my respect, for sure. The rocks are something else.
If I had one complaint, it was really, really annoying to hear Ian just bulldozing over RJ and Martin during the call of the KOH. He obviously knows a lot, but it was a 6+ hour event and it would have been fine to let the other two finish their thoughts and commentary before jumping in.

Total Loss

"golf carts" RULE, first they are beating class 10s,now there creeping up on koh, whats next,f 1??
We know they can't beat class 11's ...and they don't wait their turn on bottlenecks...so...

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
it was a great week of racing I guess i'll just go back to work now..........

Crusty Shellback

Even though we had an issue with the race truck and didnt make the T1 race, I still had an awsome time. Hung around fri and sat to watch some good racing. Hats off to you Dave and your team for another great time.
And thanks for recognizing our military. The Marine Corp fly over was awsome

stephenrjking

"golf carts" RULE, first they are beating class 10s,now there creeping up on koh, whats next,f 1??
Rally? A 2018 Can-Am can post top-10 results in ARA events right now, and of course they're moving on Rally Raid in a big way.

jon coleman

im a thinking scca- nasa, :eek:, has any one slammed& slicked on of these " golf carts" yet and bombed it through the corkscrew at Laguna Seca?( my favorite corner ever driving)

LantanaTX

Congratulations Dave Cole on the best coverage of desert racing I have ever seen. This was the first broadcast that was probably better than being there. I am not sure what the fool above was thinking or drinking but prior to this coverage I thought the most impressive milestone coverage was in Baja when NORRA did the first full peninsula run coverage a few years ago.

Dave Cole 4454

Congratulations Dave Cole on the best coverage of desert racing I have ever seen. This was the first broadcast that was probably better than being there. I am not sure what the fool above was thinking or drinking but prior to this coverage I thought the most impressive milestone coverage was in Baja when NORRA did the first full peninsula run coverage a few years ago.
Thanks man, really appreciate it. Not trying for extra 'atta boys' but that NORRA coverage was us too ;) That was the infamous 'nerf football' idea.

D

landshark

Truly an amazing spectacle out there in the desert, first time experience and was allot to take in but had allot of fun.

I know the online coverage was probably just as good if not better than last year and knowing the limitations of the network/internet access it was great being able to watch the broadcast from hammer town and elsewhere.

If i had one suggestion, it would be nice to have a master board or display showing the current race course and competitor locations during the race(s) throughout the event - at least in Hammertown and maybe some of the VIP areas. Could just be a monitor or display showing a live view of the tracking website or something similar. Another idea would be to have a private network that people could connect to that only allows connection to the tracking website so that the network doesn't get saturated.

Anyway, great job Dave and team - I don't know how you keep it together out there...

CHINOLAS

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Not trying for extra 'atta boys' but that NORRA coverage was us too ;) That was the infamous 'nerf football' idea.

D
Dave

I have to say this, oh my god what a great coverage, you are definitely making a difference and thanks to that Norra has been able to follow your steps every year obviously with a really low budget but you made it all happen for us, my friend, thanks and see you soon.