Ikaika

Quote: One beer or ONE shot of hard liquor will allieviate the anxiety as will one Ativan/Lorazepam.... You will find yourself laughing for no reason with your mask on.....

Quote: crawling into claustrophobic places (race vehicle)

Check it out Mike........this guy has just suggested "DRINKING & DRIVING" !!!!!

Oh boy..........now this is a problem..............maybe even "Political" !!!

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Just make an effort. That's all BITD is asking of us. Plus, it's August in Nevada so wear one of those fishing face coverings and protect yourself from the sun if anything.

Trust me, I hate wearing a mask but (reluctantly) wear one.

Last edited:

jon coleman

in the navy you got the right way, the wrong way , Your way,& , the Navy way, guess which one you learn to follow to keep the old man happy???, you got it, just follow rules, & Do Not stand out ,private Pyle, ( the ones for fishing work for sun protection killer, also can water down and have your own minnie swamp cooler

Last edited:

MTPyle

Guy’s I said I would wear the mask and my team will As well. I get how to follow along with rules. I was just making a statement about how silly I think it is in the pits.

we just got back from being in Tulum Mexico for a week for a family trip. Had to have mask everywhere there also. The best was we went to Xel Ha water park and they wanted you to wear mask before and after snorkeling. So we had to snorke with our mask and get out of the water and put it on in 90degrees with 95% humidity. Another really silly rule. That’s not political, It’s just stupid.

we did what they asked so we could enjoy the park. Just like we will follow the rules to race V2R

I will say Mexico seemed way more on it than in the states with things like checking temps, cleaning shoes, and hand sanitizer. At one point in the park I think I had hand sanitizer squirted on my hands 6 times in 10 minutes. Haha.

Mike

Last edited:

nohandslance

Weather forecast looks mild but no T-storms. Your Air filters will "working over-time", Will be at the entry to Rawhide Pit
if you need a "dust off" to get you to Topgun. Look for the Orange Flag and Mask-cot.
See everyone next week

Lance

crafty

I'm going to give everyone advice in this post.... I worked for 37 years pulling sound and video wires underneath the 100 year old Major Motion Picture Stages in Hollywood that are represented by Unions..... We called it the 5 majors.... there are 6 now.... The union jurisdiction extends out in a 30 mile radius from downtown L.A..... In 1980 if you were a wanna bee rock star and looking for a day job, it didn't get any better than making television shows and movies and just being a part of a crew and following orders..... I never took any of the geeky broadcast TV classes in High School and new nothing about electronics..... But my first day on the job I was assigned to be a video engineer on WKRP in Cinncinatti..... All I had to do was sit in the booth and watch the color bars on the monitors and make sure that Cyan was the right shade of blue....
But for me crawling under those stages is where I found my sanctity.... No one could yell at me, or say I was too slow or say anything when the 6' 4" Bo Duke (Bobby Real) from Fallbrook, put on his mask and crawled in like it was a dirt fort we dug in my dad's backyard as kids.....
Oh, but we got dead rats, dead cats, mumified cats, Hanta Virus, micro dust that hasn't seen moisture in 100 years, and FLEAS...!!!! Spiders.....
If I didn't wear a mask I would feel sick at the end of the day and be hacking up crud from my lungs.... I would wear a full painter's mask and breath NO dust or anything else.......
Now here is where the above poster Mr. Tapeworm has it all wrong..... An R95 or N95 mask puts absolutely no extra strain on the cardiovascular..... You are barely rebreathing your breath like if you were sleeping with the blankeys over your head all night.....
Let me tell you what does put strain on the heart and lungs and everything else...........
PANIC
Your built up anxiety about wearing a mask, or crawling into claustrophobic places (race vehicle) is making your brain cause your heart to race..... This is just normal panic that is ascociated with this type of work or whatever you are doing that causes you to have to "suit up" and go on in to the creepiest places on earth...Or the most exciting place on earth, riding shotgun in 6100...... People in Los Angeles get big money to go into hazardous conditions at refineries and ships and all kinds of places you anti-union people don't understand......
So, you just have to have a talk with yourself before you go in, that everything is ok, because you have all the gear on..... Think about the beach, palm trees swaying in a gentle breeze, and in you go........
Pretend that everyplace you go with your gear on, is that fort that you and your brother dug in the back yard and covered it with corrugated tin roofing...... The big kids would scare the crap out of you back in the '50's playing army in the fort......
It's all in your heads people.......
All of these masks have been tested and rated..... Wear a surgical mask if you can't handle it being tight.....
But seriously everybody needs to tighten up their masks, and strap in tightly for this over 500 mile race right here in America during a Pandemic...... You guys need to stop with all the disclaimers that you really hate the masks but are willing to wear them to race.....
How far would that attitude have gotten me at Warner Brothers.......
Here's another clue..... If you are claustrophobic wear cotton..... a 100% cotton jumpsuit is what I do my crawling in..... It absorbs sweat so you don't PANIC......
I'm afraid some of the off road community is prone to heart attacks..... Not enough excersise and too much meat in their diet..... Then they go to a race and get all worked up like never before....... Drinking too much beer..... Too many energy drinks...... Like I don't know....????
Off roaders have to learn how to stay calm...... Don't freak out....(like everytime I post)...... Don't PANIC with your mask on.... remember the palm trees swaying....?????
One beer or ONE shot of hard liquor will allieviate the anxiety as will one Ativan/Lorazepam.... You will find yourself laughing for no reason with your mask on.....
Take it easy out there people.... It's going to be hot..... Don't freak out.....
Tighten up your "dust" mask and you will feel better when you get home.....
When you are in the pits and trying to change a hot spark plug in a hurry...... stay calm...... the mask is protecting you from breathing fumes and becoming light headed....... Exactly the opposite of what all the disclaimers are saying.......
The mask will protect you......!!!!!!
Your wrong about the extra strain. I’m a union worker and to properly wear an N95 mask you must be fit tested. This mean cleaned shaved and fitting properly. At the end of the test you will be told how long you can wear a mask based on your tests

EMS702

Rescue 1
I have found walking around Vegas the Mission cooling face covering is pretty amazing. Not sure if we have any racing related companies that sell them or anything similar.

jon coleman

a friends dad wo
I have found walking around Vegas the Mission cooling face covering is pretty amazing. Not sure if we have any racing related companies that sell them or anything similar.

also come in handy for ummm, spur of the moment ' undocumented' money withdraw from BofA

mxben

As far as qualifying goes... if a class 10 throws down a heater and has a faster qualifying time than a spec truck does the 10 car start in front of that spec truck for the race or is it just per group?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
BITD uploaded the GPS files today. I added them in the BITD results thread with the PDF map also.

I will be starting a new thread for race day with the tracking map embedded and other relevant info so we can all post updates there.

AZ7000'

ndvalium

Rescue Director
its as a group for class 10 . we cant piss off the country clubbers.
Apples and oranges. Class 10 is qualifying in the light and first on the course. 6100 is 4 hours + later, in the dark after 50 unlimited cars and trucks have beat the course up worse.

mig29

I posted the below for the VORRA Fallon 250 thread

=============
See attachment, there is a tiered speed zone (entering & leaving) in Mina/NV (Hwy 95, south of Fallon) -- 40mph, then 25 mph..back up to 40 mph. Obvious trap -- follow the speeds, or else

Cops are there with radar (in vehicle) to skim $$ off un-suspecting travelers. In mid August 2017, I saw 2 other vehicles (white pickup going to 2017 Vegas to Reno, family in gray mini van) pulled over. Got nailed myself, total BS..

Attachments

Last edited:

jon coleman

Apples and oranges. Class 10 is qualifying in the light and first on the course. 6100 is 4 hours + later, in the dark after 50 unlimited cars and trucks have beat the course up worse.
the 10 guys & others are ' sweeping' the course , like in wrc , so 6100 Should be quicker

pdailey

Racer
As far as qualifying goes... if a class 10 throws down a heater and has a faster qualifying time than a spec truck does the 10 car start in front of that spec truck for the race or is it just per group?
Class 10 and 7200 qualify together. No way a Class 10 is going to beat all the 6100's. Especially if qualifying is in Apex. I'd bet money on it too. Hell, I'm willing to throw down $100 to the first taker that our Honda Ridgeline qualifies first. ;)