2020 Mint 400 class description

MTPyle

Reaction
So was just looking at the released info on the Mint.

they have Baja Truck and 6100. it looks like 6100 is still limited tire size. So Baja is like Score TTSpec?

so now we have 3 different classes for spec truck?

and I was also surprised by the payout. 6100 is $5k and entrance with tracking is $4k. So even if you win 1st or just barely covers your entrance fee.

looks like Baja Truck is $8k for first.

Mike

mike_osborn

Reaction
Glad I saw your post. I registered a few weeks ago and I'm not sure if I missed this or if they have changed it since. I thought I understood that they were lumping them all together. Now...have to figure out how to resolve...

MTPyle

Reaction
Ya they didn’t make it clear.

Never heard of Baja Truck.

Mike

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I thought Baja truck was SCORE 6100 with the 525 motor and 40"/underdrive

MTPyle

Reaction
Yes I think you are right. Baja Truck seems like the new 6100 and TTSpec. But why the confusion? is it that SCORE wont let them use TTSpec name? and having a 6100 thats different than BITD 6100 is confusing. There is no 6100 anymore that has limited tires. If I was going to sign up I would have singed up with 6100, but then I would be moved to Baja Truck?

6100 is now 40" tires, under drive, and 525hp engine. Basically 6100 and TT Spec are now the same. maybe Mint400 should call 6100 "Old" 6100?

What a mess LOL

Mike

Last edited:

cynicwanderer

Reaction
is there a list of entry fees/class without actually going into the online registration system ? I couldn't find it on their website.

MTPyle

Reaction
Here is the entry fee list. On my phone it’s hard to see what class is what. They put dark grey on dark grey background.

Entry fee link

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
And here is the payout link

class 1 gets screwed. If you win 1st place you still don’t cover your entry fee. It’s like Fish was in charge of payouts. Hehe

Payout link

J Prich

Reaction
Well, they had to get to 87 classes somehow.
The number of classes thing is a lot less egregious when you actually look in to the details. It’s not like they’ve created a bunch on Mint specific classes. They’ve just added classes from other orgs that already exist. Between bikes, 4 wheel vehicles, and kid race classes, there isn’t anything really out of bounds here in my opinion.

• Like +1
Reactions: C4

J Prich

Reaction
Yes I think you are right. Baja Truck seems like the new 6100 and TTSpec. But why the confusion? is it that SCORE wont let them use TTSpec name? and having a 6100 thats different than BITD 6100 is confusing. There is no 6100 anymore that has limited tires. If I was going to sign up I would have singed up with 6100, but then I would be moved to Baja Truck?

6100 is now 40" tires, under drive, and 525hp engine. Basically 6100 and TT Spec are now the same. maybe Mint400 should call 6100 "Old" 6100?

What a mess LOL

Mike
Keep in mind a lot of this planning was happening before the BITD rule change was announced so having both the SCORE and BITD versions was a way to allow more people to participate. Regarding the class names...yes there are proprietary issues with what people call them.

Bottom line, I’d submit to you that if you have legit questions about the Mint, hit up the dudes who run the show. My guess is you’ll get better answers than you’ll get from here provided by people who arent directly involved.

MTPyle

Reaction
I wasn’t really looking for answers. Haha. Was just pointing out that it’s a mess.

I have never heard of Baja Truck before. Who else has that class? Seems made up for Mint to me.

Mike

J Prich

Reaction
I wasn’t really looking for answers. Haha. Was just pointing out that it’s a mess.

I have never heard of Baja Truck before. Who else has that class? Seems made up for Mint to me.

Mike
Fair enough. It’s “made up” for the Mint because as you suggested and I noted, there are proprietary issues with class names. But it’s not a “new” class.

MTPyle

Reaction
good point about them probably deciding on all this before the BITD change.

I think everyone just needs to call it TTSpec. BITD is Trick Truck Spec and SCORE is Trophy Truck Spec.

Mike

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
good point about them probably deciding on all this before the BITD change.

I think everyone just needs to call it TTSpec. BITD is Trick Truck Spec and SCORE is Trophy Truck Spec.

Mike
If you think back to Vegas to Reno Mike, early that week, Mad Media press released that they would include a class in the Mint that would allow the SCORE version to compete. Later that week, at the same drivers meeting you and I were at ( you might have been looking for a parking spot for your roof) Donald announced that there would be some changes with 6100 if the class decided but other things would stay the same no matter what. By Laughlin BITD Drivers Meeting, everything was changed for 6100 and now we had all these different configurations possible.

Bottom line for a slew of reasons the fastest growing class off road has seen in decades is fractured yet again. Pretty sure we saw this with a few other classes over the years. My hope is that at some point they can get them all on one page. But maybe like the TT and TT legends, there are those that feel the need for their own class to produce better results at the end of the day.

As the year gets started I know the Mad Media team will get more info going to everyone and I also know they are actively looking for sponsorship for specific classes to enhance the payout. As one of the largest classes, you all should just do a winner take all 500.00 side bet. I wonder how many would fit their TT "whatever" into that class to compete?

As a side note - I respect the fact that you are so active on the forums and hope you dont let the crap that sometimes happens get in the way of your passion for the class and the sport. Fun watching you guys run! See you in Parker!

ACME

Reaction
They have to create a "Legend Class" for each of the TT Spec dealeo's as well as multiple "UTV Legend" classes for anyone that has raced more than 4 seasons. Then more people can get a trophy and MM can generate more Robo emails and mindless press releases...

100 classes and a full week of tech inspection-festivities is still attainable for the "Greatest Donkey Show on Earth!"