• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 Mint 400 lost and found

MTPyle

Hey Rick!! Haha good thread.

We lost a 39" toyo on a method wheel with blue ring. It was in good shape and came off the truck during Saturdays race lap 3. It is stamped 6122.

Mike

Attachments

MTPyle

Funny,

Dave from Motorsports safety just messaged me that they found our tire. Those guys are amazing at clean up.

Mike

J Prich

There is a lot less to be found out here than I would have expected. Surprisingly low amount of ejected stuff.

MTPyle

I didn't see a large amount out on course but was surprised by how many fire extinguishers. They seemed to be everywhere. LOL Or maybe I kept seeing the same ones as they got kicked up and launched to another part of the course.

Mike

J Prich

I didn't see a large amount out on course but was surprised by how many fire extinguishers. They seemed to be everywhere. LOL Or maybe I kept seeing the same ones as they got kicked up and launched to another part of the course.

Mike
Kind of weird but at the clean up the week prior to the race, there was a ton of fire extinguishers people were using as targets. Wasn't like that before so I guess someone set the trend for others. It's possible that some of the extinguishers you were seeing out there weren't actually off of race cars.

MTPyle

Good point, didn't think about them as target practice. I really don't get why people that shoot are so disrespectful of the desert. I have gone our shooting many times and we always clean up, its not that hard. You just bring some garbage bags.

I was just told that the tire we lost was my fault. LOL Connor cut tire on course and I re racked the new tire in the pit. So that was my strap job that came un done. Haha. so I guess I cant keep giving him crap about it.

Mike

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC

Mike
I know a lot of UTV's had to install 5lb extinguishers the night before the race. I saw more and more every lap on Friday. Ours broke off sometime on Lap 2 or 3.

FourLow

We tossed a Dewalt toolbag with a 1/2" impact, 19mm socket and gear wrenches and that stuff on Saturday, first lap UTV Pro Turbo.