2020 Mint 400

Fire1998

RDC Crypto
10-4. All valid concerns in my opinion. Again I can't overstate it...I wasn't begrudging you or anyone else about their reasons for being in to it or not in to it. I've said it a dozen times. Each of us has our own motivations that drive our decisions. Totally get that. The ONLY thing I was pointing out is that when suggest the reason Person X or Person Y is doing a thing and make a judgement about their character, motivation, etc, my opinion is you're forming that opinion without any real first hand knowledge.

You have actual first hand knowledge about the race itself, and have valid reasons to not want to be in to it based on your experience. But my guess is you don't know those dudes, nor the people running BITD either so when you make judgements about the kind of people they are, why they make the decisions they make, etc...you might not really have anything factual to base that on. You're just passing judgement based on your own biases or whatever. That's literally all I am pointing out. My guess is some of the folks involved with BITD are not as infallable as you may think, and some of the folks involved with the Mint are not as horrible and selfish as you appear to think.
Been racing BITD since 2006 on bikes and now a truck. Have plenty of experience with BITD and its crew. Good luck to the Mint!! I dont wish anything bad for the Mint. Offroad racing is great anywhere a promoter can get a race going!!! Just see Mint trying to use the offroad racing community to make as much money in a short time off them. Just my opinion.

BITD at Parker did not charge spectators to watch race. Thats a huge money maker!! Just saying!

Last edited:

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Been racing BITD since 2006 on bikes and now a truck. Have plenty of experience with BITD and its crew. Good luck to the Mint!! I dont wish anything bad for the Mint. Offroad racing is great anywhere a promoter can get a race going!!! Just see Mint trying to use the offroad racing community to make as much money in a short time off them. Just my opinion.

BITD at Parker did not charge spectators to watch race. Thats a huge money maker!! Just saying!
Yeah that's great. And to be clear, I am not trying to pit one org against the other. I think that's part of the problem here, we get involved in picking sides and trying to attack one group over the other. What I'm saying is that there are a lot (most in fact) of the behind the scenes things that every promoter is doing that none of us really know anything about. We have no idea what convos they are having, why they are making the decisions they are making, etc. So when we form our opinions, we're doing that in a void...without any real first hand info. We assume that those we like are doing good things, and the people we don't like are doing bad things. But honestly, it's a lot more complicated than that.

I don't have a desire to get in to the mechanics of what makes money and what doesn't. The bottom line is neither of us really knows if we're being honest about it. Its just more assumptions we're making based on how we perceive the parties involved. When the Mint raised entry fees, many (yourself included I'm guessing) interpreted that to mean it was a money grab based on greed, solely driven by a couple of people. When BITD raised the entry fee for Parker this year to essentially match what it costs to race the Mint, virtually no one said a word or batted an eye.

My point here is just that we are not applying the same standards and scrutiny to everyone. We assume the best in the people we perceive as good and we assume the worst in people we perceive as bad. And what I'm saying is both of those assumptions are probably not necessarily accurate. Regardless, I've already rambled way too much about this in a way that doesn't really accomplish a thing at the end of the day. I appreciate your POV and was just sharing an alternate perspective for the sake of thought and conversation.

Frank13

RDC Crypto
Martellis where not the nicest peeps to the BITD organization or volunteers. Volunteers stated they would not come back to help the Mint.

We Volunteers are 100% helping at the Mint. Most of the others we talked to last weekend in Parker showed interest in helping the mint in some fashion.

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
Pretty legit payday for Class 10.
AADF97FC-752F-4172-B720-B599124F3C0C.jpeg

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
my last bitd race i got s loads of free t shirts, im wearing one as I post RIGHT now!!its a work shirt,20200131_161909-1.jpg soon to be a seat cover

J Prich

RDC Crypto
99.9% sure CL10 aren’t qualifying.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Nice, COUNT US IN! Good job Mint!

You mean good job Alumicraft! Johns putting up the real cash. The Mint is just paying out the typical payback. Whats the entry fee this year? $3500? So if you win you would get an extra $1500 from the Mint?

mgobaja

RDC Crypto
You mean good job Alumicraft! Johns putting up the real cash. The Mint is just paying out the typical payback. Whats the entry fee this year? $3500? So if you win you would get an extra $1500 from the Mint?
could there be a qualifier for the winner to collect that cash, like must be in an Alumicraft chassis ?

J Prich

RDC Crypto
could there be a qualifier for the winner to collect that cash, like must be in an Alumicraft chassis ?
Also more than one company listed on that flyer so my guess is the money is a collection from more than one sponsor.

ErikIrvine

RDC Crypto
Website
www.finishlineweld.com
We've won some, and we've wrecked some, but we always have fun! Zac and I will be sharing driving duties for the Mint, with Ben Swift and Steve Tyo navigating, and of course the best Crew Chief there is Daron Rardin coming down from Washington. Can't wait, see you all out there

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 144

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
RDC Crypto
I havent been to Mint in 7-10 years, every racer I talk to who does race it almost says the same verbatim thing year after year "the race sucks but we HAVE to race it for our sponsors"...what exposure is out there vs any other race that this is actually an accurate response with ROI to prove to sponsors it was "worth" it?

I dont care who owns it or how much it costs to enter, everybody needs to make money and if you dont want to race it, dont race it. As a fan of offroad racing, Mint doesnt seem like a big deal other than the self promoting done around the race and then its silence other than annoying emails blasts until next time. The self promotion definintly helps Mint make money, but what does it really do for the sponsors of racers?

Real question, directed at racers who enter Mint, not guys who dont race it or have a bone to pick with it. Sounds like a few racers here are racing and like it but they havent stated they "have to race it"

KOH seems to be the ONLY race on the offroad roster that makes sense for the exposure dollars based on weeklong live feed, commecricals, fan base, good spectating set up, and even that I would bet has slim ROI if any for the racers sponsors.

ErikIrvine

RDC Crypto
Website
www.finishlineweld.com
I raced it in 2005 and in 2018. I don't think it sucks and I dont have to race, we GET to race. Car is prepped, was shopping around for next race, $35k purse is a good enough reason for me. Vegas is cool for the team and friends, can't wait to blast thru the desert and hopefully not run out of talent like I did at Parker lol.

All the gripes are 1st world problems, enjoy em before WWIII comes around or a depression. YOLO