2020 Mint 400

Fire1998

RDC Crypto
Why can KOH give TT drivers a 100k payday and have excellent internet coverage fot TT's and rock crawlers? I think both races were established at the same time??? KOH can do all this in the middle of the desert!! Mint is still using the brick trackers!! How does that help racers? Racing Trax is the bomb!! How many races do Martellis do....2...and 1 is UTV in Laughlin just like BITD. Just saying!!!

Last edited:

J BomBer

RDC Crypto
lol they’re charging 3400 for a 516 entry to do four laps, basically the same course as the snore 250 and primm 300, basically what the 1000 costs, maybe they need to level themselves instead of trying to get bigger and start running people off.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Why can KOH give TT drivers a 100k payday and have excellent internet coverage fot TT's and rock crawlers? I think both races were established at the same time??? KOH can do all this in the middle of the desert!! Mint is still using the brick trackers!! How does that help racers? Racing Trax is the bomb!! How many races do Martellis do....2...and 1 is UTV in Laughlin just like BITD. Just saying!!!

Honestly dude, this convo has probably run its course. I already invested more time and energy in to trying to explain some things to add some perspective than I should have and you don’t seem too interested in hearing that so there’s no point continuing to try to counter point a POV you obviously aren’t interested in re evaluating.

Fire1998

RDC Crypto
Really....$3400 for some of the smaller classes to race??? How can you deny their trying to take advantage of desert racers?? It will end soon when rest of race track is sold. What will they do then? Will they still fight for us and desert racing???

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
lets just do Fremont street contingency on,,, like, new years eve, with no race.100 $ entry, with, Free T shirts.we can all enter &All be poseur de rigueur:cool:

J Prich

RDC Crypto
It’s so crazy how this stuff works.

BITD charges $1500 for pro classes to race Laughlin. That’s double what it costs to run the exact same course with SNORE. Literally apples to apples. No outrage, no accusing BITD of gouging racers.

Mint offers bigger prize purses including big money from sponsors....People complain. KOH uses sponsor money for a big TT payout...people rejoice.

Mint 400 uses YB tracker for Mint...people are outraged at the blatant disregard for safety for the sake of profits. KOH uses YB for years, people rejoice and praise the excellent tracking.

The logical double standards are wild.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I don’t know how the YB worked well at KOH. It was complete mess at last years Mint. I experienced that mess first hand.

I am not complaining about the Mint. I have respect for Martelli’s and I believe they do some great stuff.

It’s funny how some cost are OK and others piss me off. I think most people are ok with most of the cost. It’s the nickel and dim crap that’s annoying.

We may still race the Mint. If the field is smaller and we think we have a chance of winning we will step up.

Mike

Fire1998

RDC Crypto
Fireman changed my mind. I’m gonna sit at home and bitch and moan. Sounds way more fun.
Ahhh......No fun sitting on couch and pouting!!! We are racing Laughlin in 2 weeks!!! Alot more fun for the $$$$!!!! Then my wife and daughter race the BITD UTV race a few weeks later!! . Right after that we race the Silver State 300! Come on man....dont you give up on life!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ikaika

RDC Crypto
I don’t know how the YB worked well at KOH. It was complete mess at last years Mint. I experienced that mess first hand.

I am not complaining about the Mint. I have respect for Martelli’s and I believe they do some great stuff.

It’s funny how some cost are OK and others piss me off. I think most people are ok with most of the cost. It’s the nickel and dim crap that’s annoying.

We may still race the Mint. If the field is smaller and we think we have a chance of winning we will step up.

Mike

Mike,.....I am a little confused by this position you are taking...i.e. " If the field is smaller and we think we have a chance of winning we will step up ".....when it has bee witnessed just a few weeks ago that you & your team BATTLED through some pretty challenging issues, unwilling to "quit", and forged on to complete 2 of 3 laps with NO CHANCE of winning........
I commend you & your team for this effort and it is quite amazing to see.
That spirit is what competition is all about......don't "give in" and participate just because you think there is a chance of victory........competition is so much more than that !
I encourage you to "put in the time"....... and the results will come as long as you stick with it.
Guaranteed is this one thing.....if you do not show up ( to the Mint or any other event ),......you definitely will not have a chance at winning.
I have been following your posts ( to a certain degree without being a "stalker" ) and have come to really appreciate your input, opinion, enthusiasm and competitiveness....I hope to be able to compete with you in a year or so.
Go get um Champ !!

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Ahhh......No fun sitting on couch and pouting!!! We are racing Laughlin in 2 weeks!!! Alot more fun for the $$$$!!!! Then my wife and daughter race the BITD UTV race. Right after that we race the Silver State 300! Come on man....dont you give up on life!!!!!!
Too bad BITD is ripping you off by charging you twice as much to run the same course as SNORE though, ammiright? 😉

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
my road racing " career" started off with first goal, dont crash or cause a wreck, 2nd, dont get lapped, 3rd- finish in top 1/3 of class, 4 was to podium in a legit sRx7 run group( 20-25)only reached a top 5, thats it.10 years of scca.motorsport racing is dedication& never quiting.& never crying about other things keeping you down& out.never give up

Attachments

• 20200207_195509.jpg
    20200207_195509.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 76

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Mike,.....I am a little confused by this position you are taking...i.e. " If the field is smaller and we think we have a chance of winning we will step up ".....when it has bee witnessed just a few weeks ago that you & your team BATTLED through some pretty challenging issues, unwilling to "quit", and forged on to complete 2 of 3 laps with NO CHANCE of winning........
I commend you & your team for this effort and it is quite amazing to see.
That spirit is what competition is all about......don't "give in" and participate just because you think there is a chance of victory........competition is so much more than that !
I encourage you to "put in the time"....... and the results will come as long as you stick with it.
Guaranteed is this one thing.....if you do not show up ( to the Mint or any other event ),......you definitely will not have a chance at winning.
I have been following your posts ( to a certain degree without being a "stalker" ) and have come to really appreciate your input, opinion, enthusiasm and competitiveness....I hope to be able to compete with you in a year or so.
Go get um Champ !!
Even if overall car counts are down for both events, it would be a mistake to say there won’t be great competition. 428 miles on the Mint course is no walk in the park.

Fire1998

RDC Crypto
Too bad BITD is ripping you off by charging you twice as much to run the same course as SNORE though, ammiright?
Nope.....tech and contingency are next to race course.. Tech doesn't take 4 hours! Sign up and drivers meeting are in a hotel. Hotel rooms are cheap. Not paying $250 for a tracker that does nothing. We get event Tshirts. Dont have to pay $100 for every rider in truck. Not paying near the entry fee of Mint. Have no problem with entry fee for 2 days of racing. Should I go on?? Remember...Ive raced Mint last 3 years so Im not just making poop up!!!! Good luck to all you Mint racers and wish the MINT the best!!!!

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Nope.....tech and contingency are next to race course.. Tech doesn't take 4 hours! Sign up and drivers meeting are in a hotel. Hotel rooms are cheap. Not paying $250 for a tracker that does nothing. We get event Tshirts. Dont have to pay $100 for every rider in truck. Not paying near the entry fee of Mint. Have no problem with entry fee for 2 days of racing. Should I go on?? Remember...Ive raced Mint last 3 years so Im not just making poop up!!!!
Maybe you should re read what I actually wrote. Have a great weekend!

Fire1998

RDC Crypto
Even if overall car counts are down for both events, it would be a mistake to say there won’t be great competition. 428 miles on the Mint course is no walk in the park.
I do agree with you on that!!! Race course is no joke!! Whoever wins or finishes.... in all classes... deserves some mad respect!!!

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto

I agree 100 percent, The race course and yourself are the real competition. Finishing 428 miles, anyone could be the winner!