2020 MX Thread

Romero

Does Tomac 4pete?
Does AC9 stay off the ground and spoil?
Does Marv come in fresh and slay?
Does Webb carry his momentum for the SLC7?
Anderson?
Osborne?
Does Herlings come over and smoke everyone?

What say you?

putorkdforbaskat

Im just happy that the outdoors will have the 125cc all star again in 2020 (I mean. As far As I read a few weeks ago).
I know theres not many STARS racing there but c'moon. Have you seen the view numbers on RacerX's youtube videos from those races? I still dont understand HOW arent AMA, Lucas, Monster, RedBull and Manufacturers paying attention to those numbers. They are like 8 times higher than any other 250 or 450 videos. People really like 2 stroke bikes. These championships should take notes about that.
Not only that. Basically zero complains on the comment sessions haha which is pretty hard when it comes to "nowadays internet". AND Chase Yentzer was the "virtual" champion, right? I know they dont scored point as a championship but the kid did his job.
Oh, those "highlights/almost full races" videos that RacerX did on the 125cc all star were also amazing. Most of them are just onboard shots but I really loved that! They should ALSO bat an eye on this for the 250 & 450 broadcasts....
OR NOT, leave it to the 2 strokes. (Oh, and I really enjoyed the shorter format too. Way more intense)
CANT. WAIT.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Sorry, don’t think we’ll see 125 races or many AM days.
I’m the biggest 2 stroke fan (125 in particular), it’s a huge bummer.
Side note - I put 40:1 Klotz Supertechniplate in my weed whacker to make a not so pleasant job actually enjoyable.
Barring a mechanical or injury, I see Tomac getting his 4th.
This will be a hot summer for Roczen (starting late) and I think Webb has even less outdoors. Marv might sneak in and Zacho too.
AC is fast but he’s probably gonna AC.

jon coleman

my first official race was Carlsbad on a borrowed 87 cr 125( later bought it), 125 is a different ' style', i loved watching top pros , like J McGrath, TY Kady, Emig, O 'Show, up close there pinning those things around those tracks, what a time...glad they are making a comeback!!

MXShea

MX know-it-all
My first race was at Carlsbad too. It was a D-37 Grand Prix and I was on a YZ80.
The 2 stroke comeback is very cool but some of these guys are insane trying to sell clapped out mid 90’s 2 strokes for 3500+!
My favorite bike to ride is my KX125 and my kids favorite bike to ride is his KTM65.
The only gas we have that isn’t premixed is for the UTV.
I VERY MUCH miss the days of WMGP and full gates in every class at Trans Cals and Golden States.

125 guys - go watch 999lazer British Youth 125 videos on YouTube!

CYS Motorsports

Bummed my annual trek to Red Bud on the 4th won't be happening. Hopefully it's on a non-Short Course weekend so I can attend.

Tomac seems like the guy again for the summer. Hoping SOMEONE can keep him honest for an entire season (Marv, Osborne, BB4). Maybe Plessinger will regain that 250 Ironman magic with the season starting there? He's been a disappointment on the 450. Sexton on the 450 will be another player for Top 5s

250 class, one of the Geico Hondas will take it, between the Lawrence brothers and JMart.

jon coleman

one of my first bikes was a 77 rm 125, fmf porting, kyb air shocks , thor alum.swing arm, scary as hell....

Fourstroker

I'm guessing Tomac 4peat's. He's not my guy but he is clearly and consistently faster than the rest, especially outdoors. Last guy that really gave him a consistent run outdoors was Baggett before he got hurt in Tomac's 1st outdoor title season. Pretty sure he's aged out for that kind of run

Agreed. This Wu-Flu is some Bullsh*t. 2020 has been nothing short of a Dumpster Fire...
Yeah it's disadvantaged but they made the best decision. With SX they could have multiple tracks in a stadium. That can't be done with motocross. Motocross requires traveling from state to state with riders flying and team truck drivers stopping and coming into contact with who knows what. There's just too many variables to keep everyone involved, not even including the fans, to keep everyone safe and to have a real MX season.

Look what happened in NASCAR today. Jimmie Johnson tested positive for it. You'd think think a 7 time champ would be kept in a bubble, but nothing is safe from this thing. Overall, they made the right call to postpone (let's face it, this late in the year it's cancelled).

JDDurfey

Yeah it's disadvantaged but they made the best decision. With SX they could have multiple tracks in a stadium. That can't be done with motocross. Motocross requires traveling from state to state with riders flying and team truck drivers stopping and coming into contact with who knows what. There's just too many variables to keep everyone involved, not even including the fans, to keep everyone safe and to have a real MX season.

Look what happened in NASCAR today. Jimmie Johnson tested positive for it. You'd think think a 7 time champ would be kept in a bubble, but nothing is safe from this thing. Overall, they made the right call to postpone (let's face it, this late in the year it's cancelled).
Jimmie Johnson has had two negative tests since he had the positive test. That's part of the BS with the China virus! I sure hope all this crap goes away soon and we can go back to normal!

9five9

Bobby H is out at Rockstar Husky. That's crazy. He's so chill and laid back, but he's literally the guy that started the entire partnership of the global Rockstar/husky team. So much of the success of that entity is due to Bobby.