2020 MX Thread

CYS Motorsports

Reaction
I like the racing we've seen with the season being pushed back to late summer/early fall. It would be great if this became the norm. The rest between SX and MX seems to have refreshed a lot of the riders.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
I think it’s been the strangest outdoor season and mostly boring with a few exciting moments/battles. The absence of Roczen, Webb and Anderson is significant and whatever the hell is going on with Tomac, he may as well not be racing either. Guys he used to beat by 30 seconds (the last 3 outdoor seasons and SX a few months ago) are 30 seconds ahead of him now? OK.
I think it’s interesting the guys that were in the title hunt for SX are not racing and the guys who are doing well in this outdoor series did not race the complete SX season (or at all) or were not in the title fight. Weirdest stuff ever.
I guess I’m pulling for Wacko and Jmart.
I have nothing on the Dungey thing other than it is true and a terrible idea. Possibly as bad of an idea as naked wheelies.
Come on man!

JDDurfey

Reaction
Dungey making a comeback is reminiscent of Damon Bradshaw doing it in the 90's. It didn't work out so well for Bradshaw and I doubt it will for Dungey either.

I am sure that going from a life consumed with racing to not racing would be difficult. To be at the top of the game I am sure that just about every waking moment during the racing season is dedicated to the business of winning races. What has Dungey done since he retired to fill his free time?

Fourstroker

Reaction
I was a Dungey fan and I agree its a bad idea. He is not going a get the quality ride like he had when he was winning races (or 2nding as Shea would put it)

9five9

Reaction
I honestly don't think it's that bad of an idea for Dungey. It's not like he's Villo, who burnt himself out, retired, and gained 75 pounds playing with RC cars in his back yard. Dungey is in pretty good shape and with his style of not riding over his head to do well, I don't think top 5 is too far out of reach.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
There’s no way.
As stated above, the inferior equipment (leased Hondas) and out of race shape for several years...I’ll say worse than the naked wheelies, this would be as stupid as forgetting the joker lane.
The guy has already won everything there is to win. Everything.
Someone who cares about him needs to convince him to do something else.
It’s like the bad American Idol tryouts...nobody cares about them?

Honda48X

Reaction
Dumb move. Similar to 22 Reed. He just was another rider getting 16th place. Not a good idea Dungey! Stay involved but not on a Race Bike.

Romero

Reaction
I agree with you all, however, he is a skilled rider. Maybe take a page out of Sipes' & Shorty's book, try racing something else.... Anyone one think AC grabs a 3rd overall? OR, was he lucky Zacko had a flato?

OH and Barcia to Gas Gas? WTF, almost had that Yamaha figured out.... BUT, will he have a Webb-esque career turnaround on the 'other coloured' KTM?

redrdr67

Reaction
Dungey is jones-ing. Typical racer. Most you guys here know about it, or will know about it. But yeah, if he does it, it won't look good. Hope he does well though.
AC, finally coming along, and my broken record pick of Osborne is finally coming to fruition. Considering all this covid crap, it's been a better season that it could've been.

9five9

Reaction
(not a 5 fan here) honestly, I think RD is in way better shape than you guys are giving him credit for. with the current field, top 5's (even on a rented honda) are very realistic.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
I won’t beat the dead horse anymore after this but top 5 would be best case scenario and require a lot of luck. Frankly, he has used more than his share of that.
Even if it did happen, that would only devalue a multi time champion who has already won everything, including MXoN.
Not much to gain.
Personally, I don’t really care because it will add entertainment value but you’ve got to know when to walk away...and it’s almost arrogant at this point.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Zach-o had another good day. I don’t see anyone catching him let alone ET3

Romero

Reaction
Looks like its Zacko's to lose. Too bad for AC as he had a chance to grab much more than the 5 points he did.

jon coleman

Reaction
dont wanna barge in , but i was a Hugh Damon Bradshaw fan back in the day, i dont think he Ever got over the L.A. finale ' super choke' against Jeff Stanton, , Larry Meires jinnixxed him, " Damon will have to have a total collapse", well, he did, trying to come back is really sad for top mx riders, who has done it ??( back to the top), then came monster trucks, i never followed them till DB switched over, he fired up the monster truck scene, once you retire from top level mx, thats it, your done

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
AC tried to clean out Zach at the 2nd to last round, wonder if he will pull something stupid at the final round?
And by stupid I mean another takeout attempt, crashing himself and causing first turn carnage is just the norm now.

Honda48X

Reaction
Zach Osborne 2020 Champion! WOW would never had thought that at the beginning of this strange season.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
I’m glad Zach won it with who was in the running - he is a great human...but would you have never thought that at the beginning of the season before or after you found out Roczen, Webb and Anderson weren’t racing and before or after Tomac double DNFs?

Fourstroker

Reaction
Couldn't agree more. Zach-O seems like a solid, no-nonsense dude. Pretty sure he's the only MX champ who can say they raced the ISDE BEFORE winning their championship.