• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 races

tapeworm

So with SNORE already releasing their schedule and them usually teaming up with MORE for the races in the last half of the year, what are everyones plans for next year? Any interest in trying to get a 3 race coalition together fir the year? A gran prix circuit only running the multi heat style races? BITD added the blue water challenge again, any interest in running sportsman with our own tech afterwords and a side pot?

y2kbaja

What would it take for VORRA to be considered as one of the three races?
We are looking at a brand new, never raced desert course just north of Reno. It will be a 5-12 mile loop with 2-heats.
OR. A full 250 mile desert race broken into two races of 126 miles each. 3-42 mile loops in the morning, 3-42 miles loops at night (2nd half would start when the first pro car finishes).

3 Amigos Racing

With the Class 11 Coalition we incorporated a Lucas Regional event in AZ, a night short course race under the lights.. pretty cool.. just an idea..the fans loved it.

Bro_Gill

What would it take for VORRA to be considered as one of the three races?
We are looking at a brand new, never raced desert course just north of Reno. It will be a 5-12 mile loop with 2-heats.
OR. A full 250 mile desert race broken into two races of 126 miles each. 3-42 mile loops in the morning, 3-42 miles loops at night (2nd half would start when the first pro car finishes).
It would be tough to get budget teams to tow the extra 1000 miles round trip. Promoters used to offer tow money to racers to get more there for drag racing. Cover gas at the minimum.

QurtysLyn

Probably our usual, Battle at Primm, and the four BOR races.

Not sure when we're releasing our schedule yet.

tapeworm

MORE just dropped the hear with a huge bonus for the January race. Anyone interested in a Gran Prix style circuit for points?

MORE Slash X duel in the desert.
SNORE Battle at Primm
SNORE/MORE Rage at the River.

$1000 buy in fir the year, paid out to the top 3 in points with the last place guy that finishes all race miles getting their money back. Bonus points for the racer with the fastest lap time at each race.

We could bring back the Formula 9 race series.

Johnson954

MORE just dropped the hear with a huge bonus for the January race. Anyone interested in a Gran Prix style circuit for points?

MORE Slash X duel in the desert.
SNORE Battle at Primm

$1000 buy in fir the year, paid out to the top 3 in points with the last place guy that finishes all race miles getting their money back. Bonus points for the racer with the fastest lap time at each race.

We could bring back the Formula 9 race series.
How about we bring back Pro 9, we add in the July night race, which is a normally a MORE/SNORE combo, and we do 3 Lucas Regional Races(which are technically 2 races each weekend).

7 Race Pro-9 Series
MORE Slash X duel in the desert. (double points)
SNORE Battle at Primm
MORE/SNORE Midnight Special (double points)
3 Lucas Oil Regional Races - TBD

$100 Series membership to help facilitate communication and organization, and also provide for year end rewards. (We can work to get additional payouts per race and also year end bonuses)

I know of 2 sponsors right now, and I'm sure there would be a lot more to join in, if we get it started right away. If you guys are interested, let me know. I will head it up with the help of my son, Noah Johnson.

I will paste this to the Pro 9 Facebook page, and if I get 15+ racers to commit, we will get going.
https://www.facebook.com/Class-9-USA-Pro-9-239107256124382/

Bro_Gill

Make series membership 400 bucks. Apply 50 bucks to each race towards a bonus for members and the last 50 bucks towards a year end points winner.

3 Amigos Racing

When you decide on races in the series my two cents are look at hard at the points process and number of races you use. Don't want a points tie but don't want to lose people that have one DNF too while not making too many races mandatory to be in the series.

Mohr

How about 7 races as points getters, and 2 throw aways..That way some people can pick and choose which ones to run, and if you run all, a small bonus..and if you have 1 bad day, it won't ruin your chances...

Jeffers909

If I was going to put a Formula 9 series together it would be 4 races. Most class 9 guys except the ones running for points don't do more than 3-4 a year. Problem is the best 9 car races are all in the winter and early spring:

Rage, Slash X Duel, and BAP. Also for 2020 MORE will be putting on a race at Glen Helen January 4-5 for New Year's. So you could do:

Rage - 2019
New Year's at the Glen - Jan 4-5 2020
Weddle Swinger Shootout - Jan 25, 2020
BAP -April 2020

Glen Helen.jpg
SwingerShootout.jpg

Weddle Industries will be sponsoring the 1st annual swinger shootout....The Weddle Industries Swinger Shootout that is! They will be upping the normal contingency program for this race, also offering a prize for the last official finisher. Thanks Weddle Industries for all your support!

Also, all shootout participants will receive participant swag bags including a Weddle Industries Swinger Shootout t-shirt, a pair of Bomber sunglasses, a performance MORE jacket, a raffle ticket for a free entry to the 2021 Swinger Shootout and additional swag from our 2020 series sponsors!

All contributors to the shootout will earn a spot on the shootout t-shirt, trophies, the podium backdrop, and a spot on the 239Films shootout video. Contact Cody Jeffers, mojaveoffroad@gmail.com if you would like to support this inaugural event.

ACME

A dream F9 schedule to me would be:

-Slash X MORE Shootout
-Caliente
-Record Ensenada to San Felipe
-Baja 1000 (Quadruple Points Race!!!)

It's a big world out there and places like Caliente and orgs like Record/CODE are awesome and you are missing something by only racing 1 org/1 region. There will be a last race for everyone and 99.9% of the time it's not planned, it just happens. So don't be a "Wish I woulda...".

Trust me: When your you hang up your helmet, most of the races will pretty much blend together in your mind. But you will remember almost ever single mile of your Baja races. Starting a story with: "At the Baja 1000..." tops any 20: "this one time at Primm or Lucerne or BAP story; and those Baja memories and stories will never get old...

Last edited:

y2kbaja

I was looking at racing the MORE race in January. I hope that $1000 entry fee is for the shootout and side bet. I'm not in for that kind of money. I know we won't be top 5 either, we just want to race.