2020 Sand sports super show?

NIKAL

It’s still on the fair ground schedule, but several venders that go every year have told me they expect it to be officially cancelled. I’d consider 2020 not happening. But I would expect allot of the vendors to have some type of Cyber Sand Show specials that week in September to try and make up for lost sales. So if there was something your hold out and wanting to buy. Maybe call that company and see what they plan to do in place of the show. 2021 will probably be huge!

TwistyItch

ADVERTISER
We're passing on it because we are not sure it will have the turnout we would want. But check the Showcase section to take advantage of the same offer we would have at the event. Stay hydrated and Don't Suck.

sand shark

Rumor is it is moving to Pomona where they hold the Off-road Expo and will be held in November. I would not bank on it happening this year.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
I spoke with my booth manager and he confirmed that SSSS was going to be moved to Pomona Nov. 20-22nd and there would be an official release very soon. That was about a week ago and I have not seen that PR yet... Supposedly the Costa Mesa Fairgrounds are not holding any events this year. Off-Road Expo was being planned still for the original date the first weekend of October in Pomona. I hope they happen but they will be smaller shows than usual if they do.

NIKAL

Will only happen if the state allows it to happen. Do you really think they are going to allow 30,000+ people at a fair grounds when you can’t sit in a restaurant, go in a gym, see a movie or get your haircut inside a building?

it could be the new owners of the Sand Sport show feel the pressure to have a show. But some of the venders I know have said they will not participate, Also heard something about a new 3 year contract the SSSS wants the venders to sign.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Will only happen if the state allows it to happen. Do you really think they are going to allow 30,000+ people at a fair grounds when you can’t sit in a restaurant, go in a gym, see a movie or get your haircut inside a building?

it could be the new owners of the Sand Sport show feel the pressure to have a show. But some of the venders I know have said they will not participate, Also heard something about a new 3 year contract the SSSS wants the venders to sign.
I haven't heard anything about a 3 year contract. We've had a Dezert People / RDC booth at the sand show since a couple years after it started. Some years we had a separate booth for each. And we've had a DP/RDC booth at the Off-Road Expo since the second year it started. Same company owns both shows now. Just guessing but maybe I haven't heard anything about a contract like that because my booth is paid in full for both shows. The only thing I haven't paid for is the insurance yet. I'm waiting until the last minute so I don't have to deal with getting a refund on it if the shows are canceled.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
New update today.

The Sand Sports Super Show (Costa Mesa) and the Off-Road Expo (Pomona) are both being rescheduled and moved to Westworld, Scottsdale, AZ October 17-18th and combined with the AZ Off-Road Expo that was originally rescheduled months ago to that date... PR's about both shows will be posted today.

sand shark

New update today.

The Sand Sports Super Show (Costa Mesa) and the Off-Road Expo (Pomona) are both being rescheduled and moved to Westworld, Scottsdale, AZ October 17-18th and combined with the AZ Off-Road Expo that was originally rescheduled months ago to that date... PR's about both shows will be posted today.
I believe the Gov. of AZ still has a ban on large gatherings. I hope they can pull it off, but my betting money is on it will not happen this year.