2020 SCORE Baja 1000 Live Stream, Tracking and Updates

JDDurfey

Reaction
Did the G wagon time out ? That was a awesome effort!
I looked at the G-Wagon tracker and it shows they left the course by Laguna Salada and took the highway back to Ensenada I believe the Land Cruiser finished. The 1111 also finished. I don't know if they completed within the 40 hour time limit, but they completed the course.

JDDurfey

Reaction
I was in the 22 with the 15 year old Jax. We had a nice run till we got out at rm 410. Caught RG but dust was tough to make any speed.
You guys were having an impressive run. He was hanging right there with the big boys. Obviously he is a good driver and you were able to help keep him from making mistakes that would cost the race. I am sure it was frustrating not being able to see to get past the guys in front of you.

sand shark

Reaction
I was in the 22 with the 15 year old Jax. We had a nice run till we got out at rm 410. Caught RG but dust was tough to make any speed.

That was a very impressive run. He is only going to get better. Sucks a bolt failing ended the race. Apdaly looked like he was making moves toward the front.

stephenrjking

Reaction
I’ve always thought time limits need to be based off class speeds. TT’s should not have the same time limit as limited buggy or class 11. Give the TT’s 24 hours with checkpoints closing them off appropriately. The way it is now a Unlimited Vehicle could have 10-12 hours of down time and still finish within the time limit no problem. But a 5/1600, class 11 etc could very well need all the time and have very little down time. It’s a shame all the focus is on the TT’s and the overall as really that’s not what the spirit of Baja is about.

Isn’t the time limit as much a function of staffing and racecourse permission as anything? You could cut off the TTs earlier for competitive purposes, but it doesn’t seem to gain much. Lengthening the limit gets tough on volunteers and locals; by hour 40 there were only a couple of active vehicles left on the entire course as it was.

NIKAL

Reaction
Isn’t the time limit as much a function of staffing and racecourse permission as anything? You could cut off the TTs earlier for competitive purposes, but it doesn’t seem to gain much. Lengthening the limit gets tough on volunteers and locals; by hour 40 there were only a couple of active vehicles left on the entire course as it was.

Your right the checkpoints are manned by volunteers and why they have the cutoff times they have. But it’s still hard for some of those classes to finish. And reducing the TT or unlimited time would not help the volunteer ms, but from a competition side it would make the race more of a challenge for those classes and weed out those back markers who could potentially be an issue for classes actually racing for a win or finish. We’ve seen and heard it before where a leading class car gets taken out by some faster guy 5 hours down in 15th place.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Results are out.

XR Baja

Reaction
Short clip of Trophy Truck #23.
Approximately Rm 280.
Sun was starting to fade.

Attachments

• IMG_1606099980.293603.jpg
    IMG_1606099980.293603.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 151

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Traditionally, time limits have been based on a 25mph average to to the checkpoints. 1000 miles, 40 hours, 250 miles, 10 hours. You get the picture. The issue becomes when one car blocks a single lane route for hours on end. Usually a faster class car that augers in on a hill climb or rolls into a ditch without much access for recovery vehicles to get there to get it out of the way. The back-up behind it takes out not just cars, but entire classes can be timed out waiting and it has happened before. Courses should be designed that take this into account with either an alternate available or retrieval vehicles positioned to clear these out ASAP.

Tim

Reaction
Larry Janesky714x
Larry is Tracking this morning to finish this years 1000!!! Go Larry Go!!!
56 years old and finishing. Outside the time limit but a personal challenge he'll meet!
57.3 miles from the finish 7:37AM PST

Cheer the guy on!!!
If anyone has Larry's info I want to give him my finisher metal from #1074 if he'll take it. He deserves it more. That's insane and impressive. Well earned.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Here are links to SCORE's PR's from the race. And we are working on our post race story and photos.

BITD_1021

Reaction
If anyone has Larry's info I want to give him my finisher metal from #1074 if he'll take it. He deserves it more. That's insane and impressive. Well earned.
CEO / Founder
Contractor Nation
Lawrence M. Janesky
President at Basement Systems Inc. · Seymour, Connecticut
larry@basementsystems.com
ljanesky@basementsystems.com
O: (203) 405-4120
Contactor Nation is comprised of 7 highly successful contracting companies, each #1 in their markets, including Basement Systems, Dr. Energy Saver, CleanSpace, Total Basement Finishing, Attic Systems, and National Radon Defense.

That's very nice of you! Good luck getting ahold of him. You might want to try him on facebook or linkedin as well.
He's a ROCKSTAR in OffRoad.

johnnyweb

Reaction
I know it's UTVs, but come'on, it's also Jamie Campbell, RaceCo USA, and Cisco Bio....
Anyone watching the super battle for OverAll UTV?
60'ish miles to go.
Jamie, Cisco, and Francisco Arredondo are leading on adjusted time in the private n/a Honda Talon, sandwiched between a Polaris and CanAm turbos that are factory backed and driven by dudes/teams who do this stuff all the time.
RaceCo barely finished the build in time for the race, Jamies design is brand new and relatively untested, them 3 guys have never raced together, they've never raced a UTV in a big event, and they're KILLING IT !
Its desert racing and Baja1000 he who has the least amount of problems will do well! From what I hear they had a good clean run. Congrats to to them!

I do know of long down time on other teams for mechanical repairs and racing to win there class with out experiencing additional mechanical problems. With UTV's high horsepower is not always your friend.

Tim

Reaction
CEO / Founder
Contractor Nation
Lawrence M. Janesky
President at Basement Systems Inc. · Seymour, Connecticut
larry@basementsystems.com
ljanesky@basementsystems.com
O: (203) 405-4120
Contactor Nation is comprised of 7 highly successful contracting companies, each #1 in their markets, including Basement Systems, Dr. Energy Saver, CleanSpace, Total Basement Finishing, Attic Systems, and National Radon Defense.

That's very nice of you! Good luck getting ahold of him. You might want to try him on facebook or linkedin as well.
He's a ROCKSTAR in OffRoad.
Thanks! Shot him a message on FB.

Edit: Looks like he got one. Epic.

BITD_1021

Reaction
If you have Facebook here is a finish line interview with the Ironman rider Larry. I'm not crying, you're crying!
Larry, there were hundreds of us off-road desert "rats" following you for 3 days on the tracker! Remember one thing about challenging yourself and remember these famous words from someone who was a mentor to me 42 years ago, "Winners never Quit, and Quitters Never Win!"
You Did it!!!!:cool:

Time for Team Larry to experience the 1000 in a "cage"! Be the first to ironman a bike and following year ironman in a car! I've got a car for sale!

Last edited:

stephenrjking

Reaction
Luke posted a pretty standard recap Instagram post. Notable for two great clips: The night shot from ~mile 500 where he races past the camera with the Ampudia truck 30 feet behind him, and a spectacular view of Roeseler flying through the air on the backside of that big jump, the same one we've already seen a clip of from in front of the jump. Worth the click.