2020 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
Not to make this a Robby thread but what went wrong that cost him that time? I’ll bet it’s the rear driveline like always. He makes his truck 4wd but forgets about the rear end. It always fails.

Frank13

Reaction
Not to make this a Robby thread but what went wrong that cost him that time? I’ll bet it’s the rear driveline like always. He makes his truck 4wd but forgets about the rear end. It always fails.
Correct. He said driveline issue, and a long tire change.

MTPyle

Reaction
I saw a video of what looks like Lawrence TTspec on fire and a driver or co driver being attended to.

any more info?

I have crappy cell service so can’t find the video again.

Mike

Last edited:

sporkwerks

Reaction
I saw a video of what looks like Lawrence TTspec on fire and a driver or co driver being attended to.

any more info?

I have crappy cell service so can’t find the video again.

Mike
It was 2 miles from the finish. The driver was injured and taken to hospital, sounds like he will be ok. Co=driver and crew pushed the car across the finish.

MTPyle

Reaction
Oh no. That’s not good. Was Ray driving?

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Thanks for the info.

Mike

Honda48X

Reaction
One with burns from a pressure pro was airlifted to the US. What they said was Ampudia crew member

MTPyle

Reaction
getting air lifted to the US is not a good thing. Hope he will be OK

What happened with the Pressure pro?

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
That Lawrence truck sure looks like the spec truck, not the TT.

Mike

NIKAL

Reaction
Per Robby on Instagram. He did have a vibration but the down time was a flat tire and the new jack system failed him. It fell 3 times off the jack and he ran out of charges to raise the jack. He said he would go back to what’s always worked. He did say the new rear end worked perfect and all the running gear and engine are the same unprepped from V2R. Both 500 mile races were to test and make sure the new driveline system could go 1000 miles.

mig29

Reaction
new & improved jack system, HA,,,ill take the $59.99 Harbor Freight alum." racing" jack thank you very much...
I just bought one today (after the race ended), the 1.5 ton blue anodized aluminum floor jack. It's on sale for $59, need coupon.

The 1st time I saw an on-board air jack was Nelson&Nelson Class 8 back in early 90's. It might have been Jon Nelson who invented it. I know AGM (All German Motorsports) sells one.

^^^ too complicated, another thing that can go wrong

I carry a (red anodized) Sears aluminum floor jack in my 4x4, steel 1.25 ton floor jack for my BMW 325i (e36)

"Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication"
-- Leonardo Da Vinci

Attachments

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Any news on who won TT after VCP reviews?