2020 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

fishd00d

What A Joke
Crickets huh Fish?
Sorry I dont get on here as much as I used to. So here ya go. The #19 missed VCP 40 and 45. Dan Missed VCP44, Luke Missed VCP 34. A lot of cars in the field missed VCP45 but Luke and Dan did hit it. I dont know what you mean by penalty removed because Jose G is as legit as they come and he doesnt do that stuff. He doesnt play games to help people win. I called your guys truck missing the VCPs live because it was fairly obvious to me, go back and watch my 2nd or 3rd hour update and you can see for yourself.

Rules are the rules, hit the VCPs if the rule is 120ft and you go 125ft you're gonna get a penalty.

Also the penalty has been 10min for a while, so if you see 20min and it says VCP then that means they missed 2. Honestly I think score should list the VCPs missed on the penalty sheet just to make that a little more clear.

Lemme know if I can help ya with anything else.

PS here is one pic I got at one spot where it was obvious. VCP40 is to the left of the 41 truck.....
8D7E9A6C-7D3F-4A73-B95B-5D9B65CBB283.jpeg

Last edited:

Vista Racing

Any comments from those who went about conditions in Mexico with regards to COVID restrictions, security, etc? We're thinking of going down for the 1000 but wanted to see how this race went off. I think a lot of smaller teams are doing the same...

bhernquist

Any comments from those who went about conditions in Mexico with regards to COVID restrictions, security, etc? We're thinking of going down for the 1000 but wanted to see how this race went off. I think a lot of smaller teams are doing the same...
We had ZERO problems or issues. SCORE was very well organized and handled Registration, Tech and the Finish perfectly. Town was also very good. Most people on the street were not wearing masks but the CaliMax required masks, took temperatures and required hand sanitizer. Also, we were cautious (as always) but had no safety/security concerns and I felt no ill-will by the locals, to the contrary, they were their regular welcoming selves. It's Better in Baja!

Goober

59 min at calexico west xing sunday afternoon. East was not open. Covid restrictions are on for sure but tolerable. B1k should be great. Or any other Baja trip for that matter.
Damn, I showed East was open. Spent 2.5 hours at Algodones.

MTPyle

Great video Scott. Looks like fun.

Mike

Honda48X

Great video Scott. Looks like fun.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Next go around we need to meet up and I'm happy to guide you and your team down. I will say the protocols SCORE set up were outstanding. (Over the top for me, as I think this COVID is overrated) but it was very safe.

MTPyle

Wow, thats interesting to get a penalty for that.

Anyone know how Lawrence got the truck that caught on fire over the finish line? they said it caught on fire 2 miles from finish line and they pushed it over the line to get 3rd place. Can you use a vehicle to push it? or must you push by hand?

Mike

McCredie A

Wow, thats interesting to get a penalty for that.

Anyone know how Lawrence got the truck that caught on fire over the finish line? they said it caught on fire 2 miles from finish line and they pushed it over the line to get 3rd place. Can you use a vehicle to push it? or must you push by hand?

Mike

What if they were penalized for not wearing masks while pushing it by hand to the finish. That would be the ultimate kick in the ....

Just to be clear I have no idea on how they got it to the finish line.

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
I was just looking at the penalties and noticed Lawrence got penalized for no team masks. lol. Wonder what happened there?
I thought SCORE made it very clear in the bulletin, as well as at tech, that if you or your team were anywhere around people and your helmet was off you must be wearing a mask. This included registration, tech, start, finish. They even told me in person and had me confirm verbally during tech that I need to have a mask with me at the finish line or I couldn't take my helmet off.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
I thought SCORE made it very clear in the bulletin, as well as at tech, that if you or your team were anywhere around people and your helmet was off you must be wearing a mask. This included registration, tech, start, finish. They even told me in person and had me confirm verbally during tech that I need to have a mask with me at the finish line or I couldn't take my helmet off.
R. Acer was ahead of his time....

GBRACER

Read on Fb that the speed limiter is to blame when they push it it dumps excess fuel into the exhaust and thats what caught on fire, sounds like a serious flaw if true,

fishd00d

What A Joke
Read on Fb that the speed limiter is to blame when they push it it dumps excess fuel into the exhaust and thats what caught on fire, sounds like a serious flaw if true,
A lot of the fires of those trucks have been in speed zones......