2020 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

jon coleman

Reaction
i read in some thread , issue with ecu/ speed limiter shuts off spark plug , Not fuel , that can be an issue

Ferrari333SP

Reaction
Some really cool footage here; check out the awesome battle starting at 8:26. I can't tell whose truck it is, but RG is going at a decently nominal/quick speed, but then see's this truck fast approaching on his right, and then RG puts the hammer down to get back in front of that truck (which I assume loses some speed from turning left while at such a high speed) before the right turn ahead, haha. So cool

PeteRock

Reaction
Think that was the Herbst truck reeling in Robby. There were a few spots I have seen RG miss corners or get off course, maybe co-driver was sleeping? Also seems like RG was running a super conservative pace, not his normal race corner to corner speeds we are all used to seeing.

champtruck77

Reaction
Wow, thats interesting to get a penalty for that.

Anyone know how Lawrence got the truck that caught on fire over the finish line? they said it caught on fire 2 miles from finish line and they pushed it over the line to get 3rd place. Can you use a vehicle to push it? or must you push by hand?

Mike
You have to push it by hand, if you use a vehicle you got a penalty. I´ve seen a few times driver and navigator pushing their car to the finish line. Tracking showed Lawrence truck out of the race line but close to the finish line, later on the streaming they showed up pushing the truck to cross the line.

mebedb1

Reaction
You have to push it by hand, if you use a vehicle you got a penalty.
Rules state otherwise.
you Can push a race vehicle, no more than 1% of the course distance, with Any vehicle.

You can't push through a Check or within 1/4 mile of the finish. banded occupants of a 4 wheel vehicle may push a race vehicle across the finish line.

y2kbaja

Reaction
Correct. This is a score rule. I know KOH and BITD is different.

y2kbaja

Reaction
classic jack rabbit

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I was going to say if you get a penalty for using a vehicle than anyone who's ever gotten stuck and pulled out by a vehicle should receive a penalty also, how would that be any different? I've seen videos of bike guys push their bikes across finish lines

JDDurfey

Reaction
Think that was the Herbst truck reeling in Robby. There were a few spots I have seen RG miss corners or get off course, maybe co-driver was sleeping? Also seems like RG was running a super conservative pace, not his normal race corner to corner speeds we are all used to seeing.

I watched some of the in car camera footage RG posted on YouTube and I thought he was driving conservatively compared to how he usually drives. But at the same time, he didn't need to run away from the field at the beginning, just run a good pace and sprint at the end. Maybe we are seeing a new driving style and he is trying to be "smooth" We all know "smoother" is "faster". I would like to see him win a few more races in his career. Back in the early 2000s when he won the 500 I was told he was sick and not feeling well when he woke up on race day. He went out and ran a conservative, but fast pace, keeping his truck together and won the race.

redline

Reaction
Robby said in his finish line interview that they were having cooling issues. Every time he would push, it would get too hot. Said couldn't go over 115mph for any amount of time too.

mebedb1

Reaction
I did a visual at 17.9, somehow I ended up chasing the Herbst boys, w/ the crew chief... He and I looked at each other and thought the same thing. Robby looked very conservative, every time I saw him.

I did a quick recording of RG, Luke, Dan and of course 19, 54, 264... Dan was quickest of the bunch,
then again he had clean air through it. Luke, in the dust, appeared to carry RG's pace... Tim was just completely blinded.

Lofton, some how I got 4 stills of him instead of video.

Edit; interesting note, Dan's video was 3+1 seconds long.

JDDurfey

Reaction
Robby said in his finish line interview that they were having cooling issues. Every time he would push, it would get too hot. Said couldn't go over 115mph for any amount of time too.

I saw that interview, but I don't think he started having the trans temp issues until he got the flat tire. The part I saw him driving conservatively on was before the first lake bed. Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing him. I was surprised is all. At the end of the day, he finished a brutal race, with a very new and unproven vehicle.

mebedb1

Reaction
I wasn't really buying the "ding" causing vibration thing. I knew the dust was a factor the others had to deal with...

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
RG never runs hard when he qualifies first. He runs slow and stacks the field up on purpose. He’s been doing this for ages you guys just must not have noticed before. Haha.

He learned that from dad. Bob & Butch used to do it too....