• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 Snore 250 From a different Perspective

Rcamp99

Thanks Robert for coming for us, and sorry we couldn't let you know over radio that we (#69) had been recovered. The saving grace for us was that one of our guys had put a cheap $100 GPS tracking device inside the cab last minute, just so he could watch our position and speed from a phone app. This in fact lead to our very quick recovery, as the guy who installed it just jumped in our truck and went to get us ASAP.

The device was an Americaloc GL300W. Uses a sim card. May not work well without cell reception. maybe its common knowledge, but man, for the price, this could be a life-saving device in a big open desert. Not to mention good for pit crew and fam who want to follow along anyway. Costs 228/year, or $38/race. Or use it to spy on your kid..

Anyhow, I just thought I wold mention the benefit this thing gave us when no one else could find us easily.. maybe there is something even better, just happened to work for us this time.

Thanks again to you and the rest of the volunteers and workers for this event, I know it was a bit short staffed.

I wish we could have had more experience with this course to know better on that straight were we lost it on that G-out. We sailed through the one before it. Hard lesson.. and avoidable with more caution/less speed on a long (if not "boring) straight that we were going blind through (no pre run, no GPS markings). Yea we saw the arrows, but what we probably needed was Skull and Bones. I know its what, 4 lanes wide there? can't mark it all.. hopefully we will be back together before Primm.

Another shoutout to Patrick in #188 for stopping immediately and hopping out to help.
You guys are awesome! sorry your day ended that way. Catch yah soon!

Frank13

Super rad! Cool a volunteer shares the race from their perspective.

We we’re at Check 10 this past weekend. Not too much action for us. Helped Justin Davis change a flat that was our only excitement for the day. Hopefully you make it out to Laughlin this weekend looking forward to sharing stories after! We’ll be working the first road crossing.

ltr450rider

Great report! Been thinking about volunteering for these races as well depending on my schedule. Might try and make it happen this year.

Rcamp99

Super rad! Cool a volunteer shares the race from their perspective.

We we’re at Check 10 this past weekend. Not too much action for us. Helped Justin Davis change a flat that was our only excitement for the day. Hopefully you make it out to Laughlin this weekend looking forward to sharing stories after! We’ll be working the first road crossing.
I’ll try and say hi! I’ve been convinced to come out for at least Saturday.

Rcamp99

Thanks for all your time and help!! Yall rock!!! And just think, this is the story from just one of the retrievals we had out there. Great report Robert, you should do this every race!!! Robert is one of our trusted Volunteers that goes out and tears up his own truck, spends his own gas/lunch money, just to come help all the crazy racers! THANK YOU ROBERT and CHEYENNE!!!!
Thanks for all you do CJ. All the hard work you guys put in throughout the year allows us to come out and have a good time!